Why two dates for Brussels?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
ruffers
Overbomber

Might be a daft question, but why does Brussels get two dates? There appears to be demand in excess of supply in other cities which have sold out eg London but no hints of extras there.

Is there some Brussels connection I don't know about?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
fddkbe
Road Kill

It may have to do with the capacity of the AB, which is rather small.
It may have to do with the fact that the gig sold out at a record speed time.
It may have to do with the fact that Clearchannel appears to be promoting the gig and thinks that there are some additional quick $$$$$$$ to be made.
It certainly has nothing to do with us Belgian Folks, beeing nice and polite ;D
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Or maybe it is being recorded.... ;)
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do enlighten us then Karst.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Karst wrote:Or maybe it is being recorded.... ;)
Spread the hope 8) They do have professional cameras hanging about in AB, so why not!

I'd just say because it sold out in a moment time and AB asked the Sissies if they'd like to do two shows?

Or just because tout cour ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

And why not ? :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:
Karst wrote:Or maybe it is being recorded.... ;)
Spread the hope 8) They do have professional cameras hanging about in AB, so why not!

I'd just say because it sold out in a moment time and AB asked the Sissies if they'd like to do two shows?

Or just because tout cour ;D
it was already being recorded on the 22nd
was right beside the mixing boards and spotted 4 DAT recorders and 2 cameras (1 at mixing boards on a stand, 2nd near the rear balcony
the cameras didn't have any luck though...sinc there was way too much smoke to even see the stage from that location.. :)

think the second date just came caus :von: has always had some special connection with the belgian crowd.. and he too will have noticed the speed of the first gig presale...
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
cultchild
Road Kill

i know that andrew has a soft spot for the Belgium fans because they appreciate what he does no matter what!!! as for live recordings it would be nice if he does something like that be having talked to him about that he really does not care for it at all. nice thought though..... would be nice if he did what the cult did on there 19 date tour of the u.s. and get instant live to record the shows and put them up for sale, he does no work and collects the money. that would have been really cool!!!
THE LIGHTS ARE DOING SOME STRANGE THINGS TO MY HEAD
Badlander
Overbomber

Not only The Cult but also Pearl Jam and (IIRC) The Pixies. 8)
And probably some other.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

By the way, the Cult is playing in Amsterdam Paradiso 26 the june and Tilburg 013 27the june
Karst
Slight Overbomber

No, whenever they played the AB the last time it was suggested that they could record it as the AB apparently has great facilities for this (see tsom tours website for the story). The DAT's and dv camera's are probably just for keeping a record. Be nice to have a proper matrixed Sisters gig from soundboard for a change.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Karst wrote:No, whenever they played the AB the last time it was suggested that they could record it as the AB apparently has great facilities for this.
They have indeed. I saw the equiment when we played there, and it was also used for Front 242s recordings. You can make a nice live DVD with that footage.

But as you said, the recorders and DV cams they used will probably not be used for a pro video shooting, it's just for looking at afterwards and to learn from their mistakes ("Andrew, now about that smoke"..."What smoke, Ben?" Eermmm...nevermind")... ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...