Skeletal Family gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dan
Overbomber

My first impressions: OMFG that was brilliant!

Firstly, after speaking to the girl on the merchandise stand (who was the sister of one of the band members), we were informed that Anne-Marie wasn't here. Although they had rehearsed with her she has a possessive husband which had something to do with her not being here. However, Katrina had flew in from America and she was to be the singer. Now the only time I've heard Katrina on vocals is a tape I have of a gig at Leeds Warehouse on 8.4.86 and I wasn't particularly impressed.

It was a bit of a downer that Anne-Marie wasn't gonna be the singer, however, once the gig started all that was forgotten by me, as I was well impressed.

The setlist, which I recovered after the gig was as follows-

Sense Of Doubt Intro Tape

1. Hands on The Clock
2. So Sure
3. Burning Oil
4. This Time
5. Don't Be Denied
6. What Goes Up
7. Far And Near
8. She Cries Alone
9. Restless
10. Move
11. Just A Minute
12 Promised Land

Encore
13. Trees
14. The Wind Blows

Apparently Guigsy and Bonehead from Oasis were in the audience, although I'm not really an Oasis fan so I wouldn't know them if I bumped into them.

When Burning Oil started, some mad bastard from the audience climbed on stage and snatched the microphone from Katrina's hand, and pulled the wire out and jumped offstage with the microphone, leaving Katrina holding a wire, which I thought was a bit mean. He must have been disappointed that Anne-Marie wasn't there, but that was unnecessary. She went and got the microphone that was set up for the sax player and used that, and the sax player got given a new mic at the start of Don't Be Denied.

When they came back on for the encore, a couple of people shouted at Stan to play "Batman", with shouts of "I'll f**k you if you don't play Batman", and, "I'll burn down your house if you don't play Batman", and someone commented that he looked like Harry Hill.

They didn't play Batman, and they didn't play Trees either because there was a problem with the bass, so the rest of the band jammed for a few minutes, and then after the bass came back on maybe they'd ran out of time or didn't fancy playing it, but I was a bit disappointed as Trees is very much Anne-Marie's song, and I was looking forward to how Katrina was gonna do it, with all the screaming and such. The last song was Wind Blows, and then it was over.

I saw 2 people with camcorders. The girl on the merchandise stand had one, and she said some clips might get put on the website, and there was a guy on stage filming it as well, and there was at least one tape recorder.

It was a great gig, and I hope a tour will follow.

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Dan on Dec 6, 2002 9:03pm ]</font>
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:cry: :cry:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What a strange night !!!!

Band were excellent but still felt cheated .. ho hum .