Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Great song, shame it was never officially released (how come?)
Anyone know where/when it was recorded, and more importantly, who does the backing vocals? :?:
James Blast
Banned

There's a version albeit bracketed as 'bootleg version' on Dr. Jeep. I guess that's official. ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have a feeling it turns up on several boots, so I guess it depends which one you are listening to!

I think the dr jeep B-side was Bremen 1985 (but I may be wrong!)

btw - Pop Art?? Surely some mistake? Velveteen was soooo much better!
streamline
Slight Overbomber

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Trash City must be one of the best starts to an album ever! A veritable pop masterpiece of an album if ever I heard one :D

Mind you I did fancy the arse off her :wink:
Mind you, who didn't?

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:I think the dr jeep B-side was Bremen 1985 (but I may be wrong!)
Yep, that's right.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:Great song, shame it was never officially released (how come?)
Anyone know where/when it was recorded, and more importantly, who does the backing vocals? :?:
Getting back to the point (and away from Wendy James!) wasn't it planned as a b-side to one of the FALAA singles but would have meant paying royalties (or whatever) as well?

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
mh
Above the Chemist

I think there was a EP of cover versions mooted at one point. Dan or Vicus or someone confirmed this elsewhere.

It was also officially released on Wake, by the way.

And I'm pretty sure that the b vox are by the Huss monster.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lachert
Overbomber

yeah, and the demo was recorded in stockport studios with dave allen :innocent:
long live rock'n'roll
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

lachert wrote:yeah, and the demo was recorded in stockport studios with dave allen :innocent:
may all your gods go with you :wink:

how come that ozzy version is perfect and yet the taper of the original confessed to have made mistakes putting the tape heads down. at least that's what he told me :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
robertzombie
Overbomber

I have two different demos of this, one is 7:28mins and the other 7:09mins but they both sound identical :?
hallucienate
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
lachert wrote:yeah, and the demo was recorded in stockport studios with dave allen :innocent:
may all your gods go with you :wink:

how come that ozzy version is perfect and yet the taper of the original confessed to have made mistakes putting the tape heads down. at least that's what he told me :innocent:
clever editing?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Yeah, I guess I should have specified I meant the FALAA-era demo version.

The live Dr Jeep version's not that good, sadly. :(
mh
Above the Chemist

And it wasn't Dan or vicus who confirmed it most recently, it was you! :oops:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote:Yeah, I guess I should have specified I meant the FALAA-era demo version.

I think "not that good" is being a bit kind to it.

Of all the bootlegs Von could have chosen...

Oh well. :evil:
Big Si
School Bully

mh wrote:
Dark wrote:Yeah, I guess I should have specified I meant the FALAA-era demo version.

I think "not that good" is being a bit kind to it.

Of all the bootlegs Von could have chosen...

Oh well. :evil:
Depends on what you look for/expect from a live recording :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

Aye, but then you have very low standards Big Yin ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
thhell
Road Kill

streamline wrote:

Trash City must be one of the best starts to an album ever! A veritable pop masterpiece of an album if ever I heard one :D

Mind you, who didn't?
Still looking smashing at 40 8)
Dust in the air suspended
Marks the place where a story ended
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Aye, but then you have very low standards Big Yin ;D
Well speaking as....

a former 15 year old fat school boy with no mates and no chance of ever hearing any Sisters bootlegs that all my elder sister's friends kept talking about as well as the bloody music press any "nth" generation hissy tape copy complete with vinyl crackles and needle jumps was a bloody godsend from having to put up with TOP 40 Radio One being played at the school disco and all day on the radio and on the feckin' TV

No thanks to - Dave Lee Travis, Bruno Brooks/Jackie Brambles, Gary Davies and all the other Smashy n' Nicey cnuts!

Thanks the lord for -

....steps down from Soapbox.

Sorry Jimbo, wasn't a rant at you, but I think you forget some of us young uns from the Provinces didn't have access to proper music unlike you city dwellers, so i've always been grateful for receiving new music no matter what it's quality :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

Whoops! I touched a nerve there Big Yin, it wisnae ma intention man. Honest! :oops:
~ Peter Steele
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

thhell wrote:
streamline wrote:

Mind you, who didn't?
It's a pity the album wasn't that good. Grease Monkey gets better the more you listen to it, but the rest of the album...meh...
The new one should be/is out soon so I'll see what that's like.

It's a pity her second solo album Lies In Chinatown never got a proper release as that is actually pretty damn good. I've only got a bad copy of it though.

I've got all the Transvision Vamp stuff barring the last album (harder to find than a lost very hard thing).
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Whoops! I touched a nerve there Big Yin, it wisnae ma intention man. Honest! :oops:
:notworthy: :kiss:

I know that! :roll:

It also explains why I have such a generous and grateful nature (as documented in the weeding forum :wink: ), besides the ladies always cum before Big Si :wink: :oops: ;D :twisted: :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

CellThree wrote:
thhell wrote:
streamline wrote: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mind you, who didn't?
It's a pity the album wasn't that good. Grease Monkey gets better the more you listen to it, but the rest of the album...meh...
The new one should be/is out soon so I'll see what that's like.

It's a pity her second solo album Lies In Chinatown never got a proper release as that is actually pretty damn good. I've only got a bad copy of it though.

I've got all the Transvision Vamp stuff barring the last album (harder to find than a lost very hard thing).
Man Milk Vidz for Scotty? :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:I have two different demos of this, one is 7:28mins and the other 7:09mins but they both sound identical :?

I believe the "longer" version has a drop-out in the middle, where the song fades out and then back in? And the shorter one is complete, without a break? Is that right?
hallucienate
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:
robertzombie wrote:I have two different demos of this, one is 7:28mins and the other 7:09mins but they both sound identical :?

I believe the "longer" version has a drop-out in the middle, where the song fades out and then back in? And the shorter one is complete, without a break? Is that right?
yep.
mh
Above the Chemist

The short version is cut at 10 Khz so all the high frequency elements are missing. I've obtained this version from 2 different sources now, and it's the same in both.