Question> Info about Amsterdam

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
edu
Road Kill

Hi all,
I am going to spend some days in Amsterdam. I would appreciate some advices about interesting clubs, shops etc.

Thanxia
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

The girls are cheap and the cannabis is plenty. That's all you need to know. :innocent:

Oh, and try and visit "The Doors".
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

The 'Milky Way' used to be a cool club, don't know if it still is. Madame Butterfly would know.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Melkweg, Paradiso, Club 11, Café Bulldog, O'Reilly's Irish Pub, Hardrock Café, Odeon, Bananenbar ( :innocent: ) and many more.

Centre of Tourism: De Wallen... :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

there used to be a directory called, wait for it....
'Mellow Pages' ! I sh*t you not!
i dont have a copy but it may be on that weird internetty thingy!
a few simple helpers:
the trains are double deckers and are easy to skip your fare
(apparently! :innocent: :lol: )
dont bother with the ann frank museum (queue tooooo long!)
or the museum of modern art (content tooooo sh*t!)
but the national gallery and van gough museum worth a visit, as are any of the diamond factories!
.......oh and try their 'cakes' with some 'white widow'
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAVE FUN!!!
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Check out the 'More songs about buildings' thread, stuffed with the good spots :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

If you're off for a smoke, stay away from the Bulldogs. 420 Bar is very central, or slightly further afield there's Dampkring, Rokerij, etc. This site is pretty good...

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/ACDfrmGu.html

Club 11 is a wonderful place, but not remotely alternative, so yeah, the Melkweg (Milky Way) is probably the place to go. Failing that, there's loads of groovy bars all over the place. Planet Rock in the RLD (oudewidj vorburgwal?) is a stonking place that'll stick on any rock / metal / goth dvd you care to mention.

Enjoy, it's my second home. Indeed, in 8 days I'll be back there again. :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Planet Dave wrote:oudewidj vorburgwal?
Oudezijds Voorburgwal (but most taxi drivers seem to have as much problems pronouncing it as you did Dave) so just anything remotely near it will do :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:oudewidj vorburgwal?
Oudezijds Voorburgwal (but most taxi drivers seem to have as much problems pronouncing it as you did Dave) so just anything remotely near it will do :lol:
Hey that's pretty bloody good for me! :lol: Far better than Berlin after the Rammstein gig a coupla years ago, the taxi-driver had a bit of bother with OnionBurger Street. Not surprised. 'You know' said we, 'the one with that bar with the big metal dragon that breathes fire and everything'. We walked. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

By foot? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Going there tomorrow!

Admittedly only to the airport .....