A Christmas Query...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If J.C was born on December 25th, then surely Christmas Day (which allegedly marks his birth) should also be New Year's Day, taking into account this is the day in which B.C became A.D??

So why the wait for six whole days when we could get the whole thing over with in one day..?

Any thoughts???

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Amused to death...
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Lars Svensson wrote:If J.C was born on December 25th, then surely Christmas Day (which allegedly marks his birth) should also be New Year's Day, taking into account this is the day in which B.C became A.D??

So why the wait for six whole days when we could get the whole thing over with in one day..?

Any thoughts???

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Many many thoughts. First of all, Jesus wasn't born today (December 25th) but instead he was born around September/October (because the shepards were out in the fields - true fact).
Why is Christmas today? Because there was a pagan rite called the Winter solstice (with the Christmas tree and everything), and the church adapted it as the ceremony of the birth of Jesus to indulge the pagans.
More, in a more modern point of view, because this way you have to spend money twice: in Christmas (presents, dinner, fuel for transports, train tickets, etc, etc, etc) and New Year's Eve: party, drinks, party, drinks, lots of money spend. Good for business.

As you see, both historically and economically, the junction of the two events will never happen.
Pleased?
Andy TG
Overbomber

The pagan/druidic Soltice is on the 21st - so why do we "celebrate" on the 25th?

I also know of cultures that do not follow the "Gregordian" calander and therefore have Christmas and New Years on different dates!

I expect it is all down to the allmighty "Dollar" (or whatever currency!)

Also did you know tnat the copywrite for the Red Suited, White Beard image of Santa is owned by Coca Cola!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

"indulge the Pagans" - i think youll find it was to "Control" and "Supress" the Pagans/Heathens/Druids.

You also might like to know why the number "13" is considered unlucky. Its a myth perpetuated by the "Church"
The pagans worship the Moon - there are 13 moon 'phases' a year -hence 13 is Unlucky!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M