Sorry

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

It's taken me ages to get round to this and I thought placing it as a thread rather than PMing all the good friends I was so looking forward to meeting a better idea.
Here goes...

I can't make it this weekend.

I've not been feeling the best recently and an incident at work on Wednesday didn't help. Then getting slaughtered with Zed+Andrew later that day equalled 24hrs in bed to recover. I know if I were to come down, I'd get destroyed again and I couldn't cope with the aftershock away from my own home and bed, so it's best I stay here.
To say I'm gutted isn't even close, there are so many guid friends I was looking forward to meeting in the flesh and I know what a tonic an HL meet is but "I wouldn't bother if it was all in the mind, it's in the body, the body still knows best".

I will be there in spirit and look forward to online updates and pics. And to follow Mark's lead here's my moby, txts would be most welcome: XXX XXX XXX XX

I shall raise a glass or two of red to you all and I know you will do the same for me.

Get Pished, Destroy
James
Last edited by James Blast on 04 Aug 2007, 21:07, edited 2 times in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah sh!t James you'll be missed mate. :cry:

We won't hold it against you though. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Two (long)trains of thought here, JB - one is that I'm obviously gutted at not getting to say hi and throw you a bevy but the other is that at the end of the day your wellbeing comes way over that and I wish you well.

We'll have to have a mini-do at some point and I'll come up north of the dotted line......

We'll GP'D and you get yerself sorted.....

:notworthy:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
snowey

Nooooooooooo :(

It won't be the same without talking to someone who I can understand better the more I drink....I hope scotty's still coming. :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:o

mr b :o :urff:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

gutted. but totally understand. hope you're feeling r&r'ed soon.

until the next time, herr blast. until the next time... ;) :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Sorry to hear that James. I hope things will take up soonish...
I'll be sending some good vibes to Leeds and I'm positive some of that will reach as far as Glasgae tae. Take care, my man.

I myself won't be attending the big gathering either...
In my case that's due to my lousy organisational skills and even more important to a pretty lousy cashflow :|
Ah well, some day I hope to see Leeds with my own eyes and meet all (or certainly most ;D ) of you people!
And party in the technogarage and chill it big in the acoustic garden and see the Smurps and all that.
Will I dream? I think so...
in dub we trust
silentNate

I won't be in attendance as my darling wife is dragging me down to Dorset for some civilised conversation and archaelogical sites of interest. This is a great shame as I would dearly like to be in attendence which is why I can only imagine how bad you must be feeling at present James...

Get well soon.
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Silver_Owl
The Don

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Two (long)trains of thought here, JB - one is that I'm obviously gutted at not getting to say hi and throw you a bevy but the other is that at the end of the day your wellbeing comes way over that and I wish you well.

We'll have to have a mini-do at some point and I'll come up north of the dotted line......

:notworthy:
This about sums up what I was going to say old mate. Texts will be sent. The revolution WILL be televised. :( ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James, to say you will be missed is the understatement of the century, but I totally understand your situation and reasoning. Needless to say we shall raise many glasses to you in your absence. Next time my bro, next time. Look after yourself.

...and I cleaned my hoose for nae reason...ya baisturt! :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Another non-attendee here. Sorry you can't make it down James, I know how much you were looking forward to it.

But obviously there will be others, and Carpy's promise of a trip north seems like an ideal opportunity to throw a BIG, plenty-of-notice, attendance-will-be-compulsory type MacHeartland do... 8)

And as I'm currently suffering the mother of all hangovers myself, you have my sincere sympathies. :urff: :lol:
анархия
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Wishing you the best James!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nic
Slight Overbomber

If James not going, I'm not going. FACT!

:wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Badlander
Overbomber

Hope you get better real soon, James. :wink:
And sorry I can't make it either. Hope you all have a grrrrrrrreat time ! :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i go scrub floors and this happens?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Was looking forward to a chat and a beer, next time eh?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
libby

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well lately, James.
Is it our freaky Antverpian Zed guy who wears everybody out? :wink:
I wish you all the best and hope everyting will turn out fine for you :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

There will be a many more HL meetings.

There's only one Uncle James.

Not hard to figure out what's the most important.

And that's meant in the sincerest way possible.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

thanke, but I don't feel any better since I am feeling better ~ d'ya k'naw wot I mean? :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
missus scotty
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:thanke, but I don't feel any better since I am feeling better ~ d'ya k'naw wot I mean? :cry:
Glad your feeling better Mr Blast. I'm sure you will make up for it next time :wink:
Never tie your shoe lace in a revolving door
James Blast
Banned

dunno Ma'grit
~ Peter Steele
missus scotty
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:dunno Ma'grit
I do, you will, or else we'll send the wee man to sort you out!
Never tie your shoe lace in a revolving door
James Blast
Banned

Noo ah've gote 'thi fear' <quivers> :eek: :cry: :|
~ Peter Steele
lumano
Road Kill

If James's not going, neither am I. So, I'll stay in Mexico. :lol:

(Was I invited?) :eek:
Banned

everyone's invited, don't you get it, yet? :D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

So, instead of the Party Posse we were planning at a certain concert from a certain Neff-related band somewhere in September, we will settle for a modest BBQ chez IZ with sober gairden lighting and a soothing string quartet? :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...