Gigs, promoters, etc

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Afternoon all.

Right, I have a space of nearly 3 months after my final exam (17th June) and my going to Glasgow (14th September).
I believe I have a gig in Nottingham on the 13th September, being the first Lincoln band to play at the Old Angel once our local promoter starts putting Lincoln nights on there.

But that's all beside the point, as my sig states, I have very few gigs during that time. And I'm tired of playing Lincoln.

So if you know of any good places to play, or know any promoters that would want me to play, please let me know. Preferred places are Leeds, York, Wakefield, Nottingham, Sheffield, etc... places easy enough to get to on a train. I'll drive if I have to, but driving without knowing where I'm going exactly is a bit daunting :oops:

Cheers all...
(think playing an HL do would be an option?)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Kellys in Leamington. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Damn, that's right when I'm supposed to be moving (July/August) back Up North, otherwise I'd have suggested The Cavern Club in Exeter. Easy to get to by train and I'd've picked you up from the station and given you sofa space to sleep on. Sorry mate. :oops:

<Edit> Knew I'd forget something - I seriously like the idea of having a Heartland Gathering of The Bands in Leeds, but that would probably have to be sorted out for next year, as Maisey is globe-trotting and I need a new line-up for The Hated Reign.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'll try for Leamington, as my sis lives there. ;)

I liked the thought of playing at a HL do. We've got enough bands. :)