Ultravox Reunion Tour

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

:eek:
They just posted this on Myspace.
Might be a nice band to watch, after all they made some rather famous songs back in their heydays.
Edit: Here's more official info.
There is shadow under this red rock
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

reunions aaaarrrggghhhhh

let the deid rest in pieces :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Fantastic! I'll be at at least 1 of these dates :D

I have to disagree with you Iz, I could think of many examples of fantastic reunion gigs - but I shall name just the one as an example. The March Violets.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Might have to see if I have any pennies left after the Christmas shopping before buying any gig tickets.....but tempted.

But then again, who would go and see a band from the eighties that haven't released any new material for so many years, regardless of the lineup? ........ :innocent:
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Ah Shaddap You Face! :innocent:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oh god, the horror.. bit galling to lose out to that. As amusing as the song itself is :lol:
Some story about Midge Ure. My mate owned a record shop, and Midge Ure came in looking for a cheap record for a cheap (joke?) birthday present, and my mate directed him to the cheapo box. He realised too late that there was a Midge Ure record in there. I think it was taken with good humour though :lol:
That same mate played me a recording of Ultravox as a punk band. Wow.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Already got my ticket for the opening night in Edinburgh. Always been a huge fan but never saw them live, although I've seen Midge solo many times, so I'm not missing out on this. Might even go to Glasgow too. If only to see how long Billy Currie can last before the fighting breaks out.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D I grew up with this band. And the last night of the tour is in Portsmuff :P :P :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Mr. ED
Road Kill

Is it Ultravox circa John Foxx or Midge Ure?
Jesus Saves... but Espo tips in the rebound!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I downloaded an Ultravox boot from DimeADozen once, it was the most tedious thing I've ever listened to.

*Edit to add: Well, not quite, I remember hearing a Level 42 gig on Radio 1 when I was about 17.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Play LEEDS or Die! :)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:I downloaded an Ultravox boot from DimeADozen once, it was the most tedious thing I've ever listened to.

*Edit to add: Well, not quite, I remember hearing a Level 42 gig on Radio 1 when I was about 17.

:lol: :lol: :notworthy:

level 42 ffs :urff:

anyways, early uvox have done some amazong stuff - especially the john foxx stuff. the systems of romance album is particularly grand... quiet men, maximum acceleration, when you walk through me, etc etc :notworthy:

oh, and: http://www.ultravox.org.uk/
Warren Cann, Chris Cross, Billy Currie and Midge Ure - all four members of the 1980s lineup - will be reunited for the first time since performing at Live Aid in 1985, for a UK Ultravox reunion tour entitled Return to Eden in 2009
no foxx :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One of Kerry's colleagues insists that whatsisface from Level 42 is the best bass player ever.

I can only conclude that she is actually deaf. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:One of Kerry's colleagues insists that whatsisface from Level 42 is the best bass player ever.

Thumbtwatter!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Syberberg

weebleswobble wrote:
markfiend wrote:One of Kerry's colleagues insists that whatsisface from Level 42 is the best bass player ever.

Thumbtwatter!
Didn't he insure his prime playing digit for a million quid, or summit?

Now there's an accident just waiting to happen.... :twisted: :twisted: :innocent: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

:twisted: :twisted: Listen to Psychonaut and you can hear the Level 42 influence quite clearly. :innocent: :twisted: :twisted:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Syberberg wrote:Didn't he insure his prime playing digit for a million quid, or summit?
I doubt he's got the money to keep up the premiums these days :innocent:
—Bertrand Russell
Ramone

The mans from the Isle of Wight for fecks sake,which sort of rules him out of the running as 'the best in the World' category of anything.

I can't stand muso musicians and session musicians who , when TOTP was on insisted on playing FIVE string natural wood finish basses whose guitar strap was so short they played just under their chins. Bastards!!

I used to work in a music shop in Liverpool and sold stuff to the Sisters,Frankie Goes.., The Alarm (hello Gaz Top) and various other serious and not serious music types!

:D
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Everyone knows bass guitars sound better the closer they get to your ankles :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

So actually toepicking is the ideal playing technique? Image
(Makes a note to exercise that.)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yes. Yes it is. :P
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Quiff Boy wrote:no foxx :(
Foxx tours quite a lot solo and with Louis Gordon these days.

clicky
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:Everyone knows bass guitars sound better the closer they get to your ankles :lol:
Thank goodness for freakishly-long spider arms, then, eh? ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eotunun
Overbomber

Oh, by the way: Yes, Systems of Romance is a very groovy album. But for me Rage in Eden and Vienna were exemplaric for the synthpop of the early eighties and some kind of a landmark in that style of sound. I love those albums. (Did you know that "Your Name has Slipped My Mind Again" was recorded in an empty water reservoir? -The vast echo is real, not an effect!)
nodubmanshouts

reunions aaaarrrggghhhhh

let the deid rest in pieces Neutral
Amen to that... that's why I'm not going to see the Sisters this year, even though they play one mile from my front door.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Oh, by the way: Yes, Systems of Romance is a very groovy album. But for me Rage in Eden and Vienna were exemplaric for the synthpop of the early eighties and some kind of a landmark in that style of sound. I love those albums. (Did you know that "Your Name has Slipped My Mind Again" was recorded in an empty water reservoir? -The vast echo is real, not an effect!)
Rage in Eden is one of my fave albums. Where did you find out about the reservoir?

Tickets are £30ish, which is too steep for me. Especially when Ladytron charge only £12!!!
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.