Body and soul 7" promo

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Rare? Same price as the damage done sold today...

body and soul promo 7"
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Never heard of this one or seen it before, but can't remember that a promo of the B&S 7inch exists, so could this be a test press (as buyer is a Sisters collector for quite some time and no newbie)? Or simply a 7inch with labels stripped off? :?

Maybe Taylor knows.
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

for me is more a mispress than a promo or test pressing
it just miss the white text print only. My promo copy of b+s has white label with large A + B letter on. Never seen or hear in this form
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Victim of Circumstance wrote: Or simply a 7inch with labels stripped off? :?
...or never put on. That was my first thought.
"as we walk on the floodland"
deadagain
Banned

What a crazy price.

I know some Sisters fans who got into them over the Floodland and Vision Thing periods and really really hate Body and Soul as being far too wet, but I have to say I really like it! Still wouldn't pay £200 for the promo though, £20 maybe, but even then I'd have to think about it.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Big Si
School Bully

deadagain wrote:What a crazy price.

I know some Sisters fans who got into them over the Floodland and Vision Thing periods and really really hate Body and Soul as being far too wet, but I have to say I really like it! Still wouldn't pay £200 for the promo though, £20 maybe, but even then I'd have to think about it.
The live version is far better, it's only the b-sides that does the E.P. any justice 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:

The live version is far better, it's only the b-sides that does the E.P. any justice 8)
Apparently I'm in the minority in actually liking Body and Soul - the video on the other hand is hilarious.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Victim of Circumstance wrote:Never heard of this one or seen it before, but can't remember that a promo of the B&S 7inch exists, so could this be a test press (as buyer is a Sisters collector for quite some time and no newbie)? Or simply a 7inch with labels stripped off? :?

Maybe Taylor knows.
Maybe he don't!

WEA released quite a few records as black label promos a quick look on ebay shows TC:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SISTERS-OF-MERCY- ... 240%3A1318

and then there is Dominion, Dr Jeep, Floodland, Luctretia, More and let's not forget NTTC with rejected sleeve!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Nicole wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Apparently I'm in the minority in actually liking Body and Soul - the video on the other hand is hilarious.
Than we are with two Nicole, I like the Body and soul too...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
robertzombie
Overbomber

the-happening wrote: and let's not forget NTTC with rejected sleeve!
Anyone got a picture of that?
the-happening

robertzombie wrote:
the-happening wrote: and let's not forget NTTC with rejected sleeve!
Anyone got a picture of that?
Yep, you want to see :?:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Yes please :)
the-happening

robertzombie wrote:Yes please :)
Goes nicely with the Floodland and FALAA proof sleeves.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... jected.jpg
robertzombie
Overbomber

Cheers :D
Nic
Slight Overbomber

the-happening wrote:
Victim of Circumstance wrote:Never heard of this one or seen it before, but can't remember that a promo of the B&S 7inch exists, so could this be a test press (as buyer is a Sisters collector for quite some time and no newbie)? Or simply a 7inch with labels stripped off? :?

Maybe Taylor knows.
Maybe he don't!
Sure he does, Taylor knows everything. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

cardoman wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Big Si wrote: The live version is far better, it's only the b-sides that does the E.P. any justice 8)
Make that three! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
taylor
Slight Overbomber

@Maybe he don't!

obv I meant before TC :D
never seen a pre TC single with plain black label, all those I have comes with A+B or 1+2. Im totally convinced that this one is a mispress not a promo.

Regards the NTTC proof sleeve i bought the same at Vinyl Addiction long time ago but always suspected that it wasnt a genuine item :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

Ozpat wrote:
cardoman wrote:
Nicole wrote: Apparently I'm in the minority in actually liking Body and Soul - the video on the other hand is hilarious.
Make that three! :D
I like it as well, but the version they did live was far better. It rocked! Image
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
deadagain
Banned

taylor wrote:Regards the NTTC proof sleeve i bought the same at Vinyl Addiction long time ago but always suspected that it wasnt a genuine item :wink:
looks just as though they simply loaded too much ink into the printer!
the-happening

taylor wrote:@Maybe he don't!

obv I meant before TC :D
never seen a pre TC single with plain black label, all those I have comes with A+B or 1+2. Im totally convinced that this one is a mispress not a promo.

Regards the NTTC proof sleeve i bought the same at Vinyl Addiction long time ago but always suspected that it wasnt a genuine item :wink:
There are lots of items that are genuine that are assumed to be fake, an example is the WEA Promo box set, when Andrew Pinnell was researching Heartland everyone at WEA / MR and band managment denied the existence or knew nothing about it, I still have the letter from him stating this! Heartland 5 was to have details of the box set in it but it was never completed.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

yes this is true.........myself firstly when buyed it in a Milan shop for aprox £ 25 believed it was a bootleg (as most of them miss the press kit and RH has no lyrics insert) so swaped it soon. After years i re bought it for a fortune ! but sure you agree with me that just one version is genuine wea and an old collector as you are seen in all those years a lot of fakes sisters items....isnt it ?
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nice purchase, quite an impressive amount to pay for a Body & Soul promo, my congratulations.

As for liking Body & Soul, I think it is one of the Sisters finest hours and I'd love to see it back on the Setlist, but there you go.

I like the look at the French Body & Soul 12" with the white print, I may have a bid :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Big Si
School Bully

bananacamel wrote:I like the look at the French Body & Soul 12" with the white print, I may have a bid :D
Don't you mean Canadian?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
deadagain
Banned

Big Si wrote:
bananacamel wrote:I like the look at the French Body & Soul 12" with the white print, I may have a bid :D
Don't you mean Canadian?
I thought it was only the initial German version that was mispressed in white?

aaaaah, the confusion continues :lol: groan....
Big Si
School Bully

deadagain wrote:
Big Si wrote:
Don't you mean Canadian?
I thought it was only the initial German version that was mispressed in white?

aaaaah, the confusion continues :lol: groan....
Sisters Wiki says it's German :? , i've probably mixed it up with the Canadian copy I have. Sorry! :oops:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis