The girls are in Playboy!

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Nada
Road Kill

The girls are in Playboy!

Personally, I’d much prefer it if the picture were in line with the rest of the magazine… However, it is always very nice to read some words of wisdom wrapped up in red red ribbons and…. red-top! (Sorry for not writing the actual words – I just re-translated it into English, for I don’t have the access to the original message, as the interview was made by e-mail).
Q&A from Eldritch:

Q: What do you remember from your first show in Brazil, back to 1990? Do you go sightseeing while you are on tour? (Translator note: can you see any connection between both thoughts? If you can, do please, enlighten me!)
AE: It has always been fantastic to play in Brazil. We always visit some places while we are on tour. Recently, Chris and I have been to St Petersburg. We’ve also been around Lisbon by taxi. Although very different from each other, both were very interesting.
Q: Do you feel uneasy when people try to sort out the meaning for your lyrics?
AE: People can do whatever they want to with the words, which normally have many and varied meanings.
Q: Paraphrasing “More�, did you become less “demanding� or do you still “want more� ?
AE: We want more – that’s why we are on the road.
Q: There used to be a t-shirt which had written on it “Fuck me and marry me young�. How can I find it?
AE: Either on E-bay or in your sickest fantasies.
Q: The Sisters of Mercy is named after a Leonard Cohen’s song (translator note: Alleluia! Last time, our brilliant and well informed journalists – as ever and everywhere! asked him where the name came from…..). Have you ever talked to him and asked him what he thinks of your band? (Translator’s note: …. Why on earth these people are granted the chance to ask the questions but don’t spare us the chance of shutting up their mouths!)
AE: I was commissioned once to interview him for a British magazine. But the interview was about him, not me. He is a great person and he is still a great source of inspiration.
Q: Have you been listening to any British band lately which caught your attention?
AE: Not really. Listening to music reminds me of work, so I prefer to relax watching films instead. Some of the opening acts we recently had were nice, though, such as Ulterior, O like trains and Hypernova.
Q: There is a funny story about your first press conference in Brazil in which some journalist asked you if The Sisters were a gothic band and you answered that “the Carpenters are, not us.� Is it a true story?
AE: It’s been a long time, but it probably is. But we prefer Ramones and Motörhead.

Taken from: http://playboy.abril.com.br/arquivo/200 ... drew.shtml

I found some extra questions in another site which seems to be taken from the same source (although everything was translated in such a way that it was almost beyond recognition….)

There were still the questions:

Q: Do you believe that the problems between the record company and the band as well as the distance in time from your last record may have scratched the image of the band among your fans in any way?
AE: Absolutely not. Many fans still come to our shows, record and share them via Internet. It provides some sources of listening to them in a different way.

Q: Do you still think it is possible to have any sort of work released by a record company?
AE: Record companies are run by idiot people. The future is meant for independent records.

Q: Some artist like Metallica and Prince stand against the illegal distribution of songs via Internet. What do you think about it?
AE: It will happen anyway. So, there’s no reason for worrying about it. It just makes an incredible difference by the time you cash out, though.

Q: Even though you may be tired of answering this question, we are due to ask you if you plan to release a new album, someday?
AE: We are always writing and recording something but, at the moment, we don’t have any plan to release any new album.

Q: Many bands talk about the difference between the audiences in different countries. Do you feel the same?
AE: Yes, surely. South America has been our favourite place to play. The shows are always brilliant and the days-off are even better.

Q: It’s been three years since the last time you came to Brazil for a show (translator’s note: for a show was my “tradutore traditore� moment… I believe, if the smokes I had in my head weren’t wrong, I saw him in Copacabana New Year’s Eve fireworks by the beach, in Rio, 2006… hooded figure accompanied by… I won’t say…). Have you got any expectations for the shows?
AE: I’m looking forward to the shows in Brazil. As I said in our last concert in São Paulo, it is “my favourite place in the planet.�

http://territorio.terra.com.br/canais/r ... eriaID=773
"For want of a rider the battle was lost."
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

thankee :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
i just found out that i can't access playboy from my office computer. funny old world, innit? ;D
pikkrong
Overbomber

LouLou wrote:thankee :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
i just found out that i can't access playboy from my office computer. funny old world, innit? ;D
the same here :)
do i drive
or am i driven
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

peh! so much for keeping employees happy! :lol:
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I am not at work and I can't access it either.odd
Last edited by Nadia81 on 03 Jun 2009, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Buelbringer
Road Kill

But I guess at home you will not see the same like my office PC shows: Access Denied (content_filter_denied)
...time to go home now ;-)
Sexkontakt in http://www.datewelt.info/sex-kontakte/ Württemberg sofort und ohne Umwege mit geilen Hobbyhuren genießen. Melde dich jetzt kostenfrei an.
lachert
Overbomber

go to http://playboy.abril.com.br
and then click on adrews photo. it's the only way :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

The girls are always in Playboy surely?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Moakahontas

Many, many thanks for that! :notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:The girls are always in Playboy surely?
good point :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Very nice, thanks.

So thumbs up for "the future is meant for independent records" and thumbs down for "we don’t have any plan to release any new album".
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:thanks :notworthy:

Apparently it depends upon where you're located geographically. I'm at home, in the US, and am also getting 'access denied'. :?

So could someone who has access pleaseohpleaseohplease do screenshots and upload to the Scrapbook? Or lacking that, is there anyone out there in SA who actually has a copy they could scan and proceed as above? Image

Oh, and thank you, Nada, for both the links and the excellent translations! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Emily
Road Kill

lachert wrote:thanks :notworthy:

Even that does not work here.

Anyway, typical answers for Andrew *g*. But thanks, nice reading.
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

You can access it if you setup your browser to use the following open SOCKS proxy located in Brazil: 201.0.161.190.

There's not really much to see anyway. Photos are taken from the tour posters.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Nada wrote:Q: Do you believe that the problems between the record company and the band as well as the distance in time from your last record may have scratched the image of the band among your fans in any way?
AE: Absolutely not. Many fans still come to our shows, record and share them via Internet. It provides some sources of listening to them in a different way.
Ah, so they don't read this forum after all.
_emma_
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
Nada wrote:Q: Do you believe that the problems between the record company and the band as well as the distance in time from your last record may have scratched the image of the band among your fans in any way?
Ah, so they don't read this forum after all.
Or maybe they do. :wink:
Good question it is by the way, and the answer is 100% correct. :D :notworthy:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

co to za obraz na Pani avatarze?
_emma_
Overbomber

A to mój, ja malowałam. :-)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

to musze powiedziec, że jestem pod ogromnym wrażeniem, bardzo podobają mi się takie do bolu realistyczne, brudne obrazy. czyli dobrze poznałem, że to jakiś kawałek Polski (?). :notworthy:

tak przy okazji, ostanio przezywam wtórną miłości do pierwszej długograjki Variete, niestety nie do zdobycia na rynku pierwotnym stąd musze sie zadowolic marną empetrójka. :wink:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks to Nada - for all your efforts ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D
Nadia81

@ anthea try playboy.com.br then click on andrews photo.worked for me.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks a lot for this fine post! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:@ anthea try playboy.com.br then click on andrews photo.worked for me.
Once again, Nadia does what I was too lazy to hassle with. :D

Thank you, m'dear! :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

or you can just open a new browser window and past the url into the address bar

http://playboy.abril.com.br/arquivo/200 ... drew.shtml

it doesnt like referrals from other sites - ie: if you click a link from another site (ie: this one) to a page inside their site (ie their interview).

if you type the url in directly its fine.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

And then it's very disappointing we do not see AE surrounded by naked girls and a little dry ice
guns & cars & accidents