Sisters Interview 2009 , 20year later,Back to MTV

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
lachert
Overbomber

and now you know all, making records is exciting but releasing records is very, very boring. so there must be few superb sisters albums in andrew's home collection :P andrew, please share! if not on official, upload them on rapid or somewhere. if you don't know how to do that, just pm :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Von wrote:It's much easier to be a band with the Internet cos you can talk directly to people.
Are they gonna start doing that then?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:
Von wrote:It's much easier to be a band with the Internet cos you can talk directly to people.
They are already registred on HL :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

What in the sam hill has Von got on his face?
Debi

Nadia81 wrote:What in the sam hill has Von got on his face?
its not very nice is it :urff: :lol:

still - good if short and sweet interview, thanks :innocent: :D
Pat
Slight Overbomber

wrote: making records is exciting but releasing records is very, very boring. :
Does this mean that he still wants someone else to release them or is he referring to promotional work (which would kill off any prospect of something new)?

And doesn't he sound nervous.
Last edited by Pat on 10 Jul 2009, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Debi

[quote="Husek]They are already registred on HL :innocent:[/quote]

i know :innocent: but theres not much talking going on is there :lol:

possibly some lurking ;D

or maybe just plain questioning over why the likes of us sit here typing this drivvle ;D :lol:
Debi

oh F*CK, wheres Mark when i need him :urff:
Debi

Pat wrote:
wrote:
he always sounds like that :urff: I wouldn't call it nervous, just :von:
Debi

Debi wrote:oh F*CK, wheres Mark when i need him :urff:
again :urff:

whats wrong with me today :urff:

thank christ its friday, me tinks i require a large white one :notworthy:
Debi

"MARK!!!"

help ;D
lachert
Overbomber

Pat wrote:
wrote: making records is exciting but releasing records is very, very boring. :
Does this mean that he still wants someone else to release them or is he referring to promotional work (which would kill off any prospect of something new)?

he's not stupid, so no free album in flac for us, and other way when he's thinking about signed some contract with new label which should carry all commercial things, he's scare more. mercyful release is not able to make money he wants. amphetamine logic situation leading all recorded songs with andrew to the grave.
but there is one chance. if he'll meet some nice girl and she'll be on our side and she'll say "don't be prick, give 'em what they want, andy" and then he'll say "oh, you're right sweetheart, let's them laugh, let's them say is totall crap, let it be a financial disaster of all times. you know, i don't care anymore, all i care is you, cats and my beloved fans. god is on our side - love will feed us".
long live rock'n'roll
Nadia81

Yeah-like that's gonna happen. :lol:

(thanks for posting this-btw)
indy
Banned

Looks like he just spilled a chocolate shake all down the front of his face....the gruff has to go.

Only a matter of time till all the girls who were rubbing it out over in the 'baldness' thread to find there way over to this one to see what they think of the facial hair.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

indy wrote:Only a matter of time till all the girls who were rubbing it out over in the 'baldness' thread to find there way over to this one to see what they think of the facial hair.
Obviously you've been speed-reading that thread - facial hair has been part of the discussion for quite some time now... :wink: :lol:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Debi wrote:
Debi wrote:oh F*CK, wheres Mark when i need him :urff:
again :urff:

whats wrong with me today :urff:

thank christ its friday, me tinks i require a large white one :notworthy:
Big Fat Hint: Preview before posting. ;D

But have a large white one anyway. :wink:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Husek wrote:
stufarq wrote:
They are already registred on HL :innocent:
Yes, people keep hinting at that without actually saying which mebers they are.

If they really are members here and are actually posting then they're not letting on that they're in the band and aren't in any way communicating with fans as if they were the band so it doesn't count.
_emma_
Overbomber

stufarq, I thought you might consider this:
Imagine that you are one of the band, either the big recognised star or a young new guitar player. Imagine that you feel the genuine need to communicate with your fans directly, well - at least with some of them. Imagine you register here and read through the forum briefly, and you read through the good and the bad things that are written about yourself here. You read through the dangerously blinded awe, the harassment, the accusations, the speculations, the demands, the judgements - all referring to your self.
Would you still feel the need to reveal your identity here? If yes, what approach would you use - friendly and casual, artificial and superficial, or maybe very official and devoid of any feelings? Or would you stoop down into it all and be friendly to those who are nice to you, express anger at those who offend you, spend lots of time on intellectual drivel with those who have something interesting to say? :wink:
Well I wouldn't, I'd rather just smile silently to myself and go to, say, http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/ if I really wanted to communicate with people directly. :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

_emma_, I'm not saying that the band should or shouldn't be here or that they should communicate in a particular way. In the interview, Von said that the Internet allows the band to comunicate directly with fans. They don't do that through the official site, which is rarely updated and then only with very basic information.

Someone answered that point by saying that some of the band are registered here. If they are, they're not posting openly as band members so they're doing one of two things. Either they're not posting at all or they're posting without making clear that they're in the band. Of course, that's entirely their choice but it hardly qualifies as a band communicating directly with their fans and it makes a mockery of Von's original statement.

It doesn't bother me as such, I just think it's silly to make statements like that when they're demostrably untrue.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:It doesn't bother me as such, I just think it's silly to make statements like that when they're demostrably untrue.
In Classic Rock 134, Von wrote:We don't have a Myspace page and we're not on Facebook. We're perfectly capable of running a website, thank you very much, and we don't cherish that mock-interaction with the fans. We're not at pains to explain ourselves
Now that sounds more like the Von we all know and by whom we are eternally frustrated, yes? :wink:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Nadia81

I thought TSOM did have a My Space page-or is Von using the royal "we" ?
lachert
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:In the interview, Von said that the Internet allows the band to comunicate directly with fans.
this just one way communication 8)
long live rock'n'roll
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:I thought TSOM did have a My Space page-or is Von using the royal "we" ?
There's a Sisters page - in fact, there's more than one - but none are official. They're fan pages.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Being645
Wiki Wizard

stufarq wrote:Of course, that's entirely their choice but it hardly qualifies as a band communicating directly with their fans and it makes a mockery of Von's original statement.

It doesn't bother me as such, I just think it's silly to make statements like that when they're demosntrably untrue.
I agree to the first point to a certain degree ...

As for the latter, I think it's not so very silly. Those who feel the need to communicate, say
directly with the band might come here and find at least some shelter and a chance to communicate
directly about various such issues with anyone at all.

[Can't and don*t wanna describe here
what I paid all those years when I tried
to communicate about Sisters related
issues with anyone in my environment ... :urff: :urff: :urff:
And for sure I'm not the only one ... ]

Insofar, this and other forums are not a mere substitute but a much better place than UTR.
Provided internet access, which might serve far less of a problem compared to the 1990ies.

So, my entire personal thanks to who it may concern. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... Silly : :von: : included ... :wink: :: ;D :: :lol: ... ... ...