Leeds Festival

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hey dudes,

anyone off to the Leeds Festival in August? I'm off on Friday only, and had just bought tickets when they announced the venue change. Bastard, Temple Newsam is a stone's throw from my hoose.

Regardless, it should be a top day - Primals, SOAD and Metallica on one bill takes some beating. Sat and Sun look pretty ordinary though, White Stripes excepted. Last year the vibe was ace all weekend, so I heartily recommend it for those who like a day or three of live bands, mud (almost certainly), beer, drugs and pulling. Let's face it, what else are you gonna do with your life?

QB - what became of those Heartland t-shirts you did? Any plans for any more? One of those puppies would be de rigeur at a festie.

Actually, while we're at it, anyone off to see REM in Manchester? Another top day out (he hopes). All we really need is The Sisters to play a big open air show, though the chances are truly slim.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I'll be there, going Friday only (mainly for Metallica - they'd better play some old stuff though or there'll be trouble!). I had a good time there last time, and the new venue is closer to York than Temple Newsam! :D
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

As long as my financial situation allows I plan to run amuck at Leeds this year.... the line up is looking s**t at the moment, but Primal Scream will make it worthwhile. Leeds is a great weekend of spending 3 days drunk, and following around the people who give away free Strongbow samples. :notworthy:
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
Dan
Overbomber

Dave Whelan wrote:Hey dudes,

anyone off to the Leeds Festival in August? I'm off on Friday only, and had just bought tickets when they announced the venue change. Bastard, Temple Newsam is a stone's throw from my hoose.
Where is the new venue? Their official site still says Temple Newsam.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

new venue is at @ Bramham Park (near Wetherby).

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/030516b.shtml