A pathetic plea for help

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Could someone help me here please ? I tried to change my avatar on Sunday but only managed to delete the existing one. Bugger. Quiff usually sorts this but I think he's away. Could someone post a step by step idiot's guide to changing avatars ?

Mock if you must . My talents lie elswhere - Honest. :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
Big Si
School Bully

karin wrote:Could someone help me here please ? I tried to change my avatar on Sunday but only managed to delete the existing one. Bugger. Quiff usually sorts this but I think he's away. Could someone post a step by step idiot's guide to changing avatars ?

Mock if you must . My talents lie elswhere - Honest. :)
Hi Karin!

1. Log In

2. Click on profile

3. Scroll down to bottom of page

4. Either cut and paste webaddress of pic in blank space next to: -
Upload Avatar from a URL:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image, it will be copied to this site.
or click on "browse" button next to blank space next to: -
Upload Avatar from your machine:
this will/should open a browser window on your hard drive and just locate the preferred pic for your avatar

5. Click on submit

6. new page should say "Profile updated"

Any more questions then please ask!

Regards
Big Si
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

...making sure you don't tick the delete image box. :wink:
karin

Thanks guys :D :notworthy: I'll try that when I've got a bit more time.
Zwei bier bitte.....
pikkrong
Overbomber

Karin, it's easy (even for idiot children like me :oops: ) but you have to be sure the new pic isn't more pixels or kB-s than allowed.
do i drive
or am i driven
karin

Thanks again Si and the rest of you guys. Sheesh !!! that only took all afternoon, now I need a lie down. :D
Zwei bier bitte.....