Barcelona

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
^Dirge^
Road Kill

Hi folks

Im going to Barcelona this week and I was wondering if you know some bars and stores (vinyl/cd) that could suggest...

cheers
F :von:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice :D

Well, when we were there a few months ago the catbar was a nice pub... very relaxed atmosphere, very good music and the chocolate cake was superb! http://www.catbar.es/

When it comes to record stores, check this site: http://www.spinningwax.com/spain.html
It lists the most interesting ones I guess... Carrer de Tallers is the place to be (very near to the Ramblas).

Have a nice trip!
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I can vouch for Revolver, it's a great record store!

As for bars, there are plenty! just go in the neighbourhood between the Carrer de Tallers and the wee market just off the Ramblas and you're in for lots of treats! The food is good too, btw :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Tallers is definitely where you want to go for record shops, particularly Revolver – there are two shops, more or less beside each other. The first one is good for indie, prog, krautrock and second-hand CDs (downstairs) while upstairs you’ll find a decent soul section, sixties stuff and vinyl. The second shop is the better one to go to for metal, goth, industrial, etc. I’d also recommend Wah Wah on Riera Baixa – a great shop, good for pretty much everything, CDs and vinyl.

Regarding bars … well, what sort of bar are you looking for? There are all sorts of bars from down at heel to swanky and chic. I suppose I’d recommend areas as opposed to individual bars, such as El Born, Gracia and Eixample. To be honest, when I go out at the weekend it’s mainly to the bars in the gay part of Eixample (known locally as Gaixample - do you see what they did there?). Perhaps that’s not quite what you’re looking for but there are plenty of bars to suit every type of person!

Certainly, popular bars for visitors are Bar Marsella (on San Pau), which is famous for absinthe, and El Bosc de les Fades (Passatge de la Banca, by the wax museum), which is well worth a visit – basically a “magical fairy forest�. In a pub. I would also recommend L’Ovella Negra (on Sitges – close to Tallers, where the record shops are) – very popular with students.

I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you end up :D
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've been there before, it's rbbish - the bars, the record shops and the restaurants. Go to Manchester instead and take in some culture :D
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
^Dirge^
Road Kill

HI there

Thanx for all the info ... Im sure it will be very usufull... anything more will be welcome...

Moses: Sure I will be there in the near future but by now I'll go to Barcelona :D

have a nice vacation to all of you... 8)

Cheers

F :von:
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

You're welcome. Enjoy yourself! On a practical note, although it's generally a very safe city, it does have a bit of a pickpocket problem, especially on the metro and in tourist areas like the Ramblas (my mobile was stolen on the metro just a few weeks ago) so just be vigilant. And the Ramblas in the early hours of the morning is not a nice place to be (unless constant hassle off extremely aggressive prostitutes is your thing, in which case you'll love it!). Other than that, it's probably much safer than Manchester :innocent: :lol:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I came back from Barca a few weeks ago. Firstly, its superb and gorgeous and I want to live there. Secondly, its VERY expensive. Thirdly, watch your pockets on La Rambla (main street).

From a bars point of view, there's an outdoor bar called La Caseta Del Migdia and its brilliant. Opens at 8pm and closes about 4am. Its high up round the back of Montjuic Castle. Great beer, food, views, and a really chilled atmosphere. Mainly Spaniards go there so no drunken English etc. Taxi drivers seem to have no idea where it is though so either Google it or ask when your there. Its well worth a visit.

On a separate note, Montjuic has to be gone up at the least as the views are unbelievable but if its hot, take the cable car or you'll die of heat exhaustion! [/i]
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

metal on metal wrote:You're welcome. Enjoy yourself! On a practical note, although it's generally a very safe city, it does have a bit of a pickpocket problem, especially on the metro and in tourist areas like the Ramblas (my mobile was stolen on the metro just a few weeks ago) so just be vigilant. And the Ramblas in the early hours of the morning is not a nice place to be (unless constant hassle off extremely aggressive prostitutes is your thing, in which case you'll love it!). Other than that, it's probably much safer than Manchester :innocent: :lol:
Ahh, just noticed your condemnation of La Rambla after I posted! Pickpockets and hookers were a bloody menace. Shame too as through the day its really nice.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”