Eh . . . Japan?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

So in that short interview thing that appeared over the weekend, Von appears to mention a trip to the far east.

Anyone know anything more about that? As it happens I'll be out in Japan in May and can think of nothing weirder than a sisters gig. Hopefully, the stars will align.
Do I drive or am I driven?
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It sounds weird The Girls playing in Japan,but then who knows,,,would definitely be nice to see some footages if it ever happens

:)
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

a lottery win, and support from Shonen Knife & The Boredoms and am there! ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the comment is a reference to the sisters being scheduled to play japan in 1986, before the split put the kibosh on all that... maybe they're trying to play there 25 years later?

that would be rather cool 8)

and yet another country for eva, eggi, emma, indrek & andrew s to go to :lol: :notworthy:

(i stress to add the mention of japan in that interview is the first i've heard/read about it - please god, don't go booking flights to japan until anything is announced!!! :o:lol:)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

If they add Frank Chickens to the bill count me in. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

no doubt _emma_ is already working out the boat/coach/rail connections from Poland to Tokyo :lol: :notworthy:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:So in that short interview thing that appeared over the weekend, Von appears to mention a trip to the far east.

Anyone know anything more about that? As it happens I'll be out in Japan in May and can think of nothing weirder than a sisters gig. Hopefully, the stars will align.
I read it like they are going on their detour to South America and after that Japan immediately after Paris, in march. Ben is playing Helsinki at the end of march, Jürgen the sound guy is busy with other bands in april, Eureka machines will be on tour may/june as it seems, and then maybe Sisters play summer festivals.

Personally I hope for november ...I know, not likely.

But, on the other hand, march is very soon, they should have annonced something already :?
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Well it'll be a long shot for me - basically if a gig happens in Japan towards the end of May, I'll head along (sporting a cheesy grin.)

It's a pretty long shot though. Particularly if Chris' band is doing stuff around then.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

interesting! I gave up on trying to figure out what happens in the future though..so I won't be surprised at anything
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:no doubt _emma_ is already working out the boat/coach/rail connections from Poland to Tokyo :lol: :notworthy:
i'd expect nothing less :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

btw, emma: do we have a gig count for you? you cant be that far behind eva now ;D 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

I think the summer festivals are the "bill paying" gigs, so there will probably be some, and everyone knows they love playing brasil..
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
_emma_
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
paint it black wrote:no doubt _emma_ is already working out the boat/coach/rail connections from Poland to Tokyo :lol: :notworthy:
i'd expect nothing less :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

btw, emma: do we have a gig count for you? you cant be that far behind eva now ;D 8)
No, no gig count for me, I don't know why but it never occurred to me to keep record of these things. I don't keep tickets, I don't write down the names of places and dates, sometimes I can't even remember whether I attended a gig from, say, 3 years ago or not - unless someone gives me a hint like - for example -"that was where we drank Jagermeister opposite that big yellow tent." But no, I don't think I'm even close to Eva. :)
And yes, I can travel to Japan only if there is a way to get there without a plane. I had to travel to the USA last month, and I did, I thought that maybe this trip would cure me of my phobia, but it didn't. On the way back when the turbulences appeared I swore to myself that once the plane touches the ground and I get off, I will never ever get on a plane again. :?
But OK - enough of self-pitying in public.
My first thought about the interview, when I read the "anniversary business to do in Japan" I thought that maybe it didn't necessarily mean playing gigs there, maybe just some private holidays and celebrations?
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe they've found some crazy Japanese record label that they're happy to do business with. You never know. Japan is a strange place.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Maybe it's just a shopping trip.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote: And yes, I can travel to Japan only if there is a way to get there without a plane.
Should they in fact play there, I can wholeheartedly recommend the trans-mongolian railway to China. It's even better than you would think and not that expensive :D

Then it's just a ferry to South Korea, 4-5 hours by train through Korea and a three hour fast ferry to Japan...where they have very fast trains.
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:
_emma_ wrote: And yes, I can travel to Japan only if there is a way to get there without a plane.
Should they in fact play there, I can wholeheartedly recommend the trans-mongolian railway to China. It's even better than you would think and not that expensive :D

Then it's just a ferry to South Korea, 4-5 hours by train through Korea and a three hour fast ferry to Japan...where they have very fast trains.
Sounds like taking about a week to get there ... ;D ... in case all trains and ferries keep to their schedule ... :lol: ...

I'd love to do this ... ;D ;D ;D ... ought win the lottery, though ...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

euphoria wrote:

Now there's a dream trip :notworthy:

I always fancied going to Japan and am still looking for an excuse to figure out my summer hols destination, so this'd be perfect ;D

Middle of the month, please, guys!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

Wow, thanks for this info euphoria! :notworthy:
In such a case, it would only be a matter of getting enough days off work (probably doable). AND money. :urff:
iesus
Overbomber

I think there lies an opportunity here for an once in a life time travel by using Транссибирская магистраль or Транссиб as it is well know in russian.

more info in http://www.transsib.ru/

to have an idea about what it is look at this map ;D

Respect to those who will dare this :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm voting for a "Continent Crossing Lunatic" forum title for _emma_ if she does this! :D :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Would you stop referring to them as "The Girls" please? :|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

I've always fancied a trip there, should they be playing when I was inna area, there's no danger I'd go see.
There's plenty of other Karaoke bars in that land.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

"This page explains how to plan & book an overland journey from London to China or Japan by Trans-Siberian Railway, cheaply & independently."

http://www.seat61.com/Trans-Siberian.htm
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Ya'll are fricken nuts!
I love it!

:notworthy:
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

There's nothing crazy or adventurous about going with the transsiberian/transmongolian (ask the mongolian salesmen who go to Moscow every second week all year), it's just a Very Nice Trip, the kind of trip where you might end up as best friend with someone you hated from the beginning. ...or the opposite of course, so by all means go alone if you can ;D

I guess emma understands russian to some extent, which helps a LOT, not least budgetwise (namely by buying tickets at the stations, not through an agency).

Sorry for going off-topic :P