Sisters of Mercy - Life (book/cd) 1988

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
susky
Road Kill

Digging around in storage last night and found the "Life" book which contains a Sisters bio as well as a collection of lyrics, pictures, etc. My girlfriend special ordered it for me back in 1993. Import from Italy. It came with an accompanying 3" mini-cd with "Emma" and "Ghostrider" live versions. Kutan mentioned having the same book but with an accompanying 7" (instead of the mini-cd I have here). Just looked at Patti82's site and I see the listing for both 7" & cd versions. The back of my book says "Including Special 7"/33 RPM" despite being packaged with the mcd so I'm assuming the books are the exact same between 7" and mcd versions? Were their any differences in the books packages with 7" versus mini-cd? Thankfully my copy is unscathed by the teenage scissor attack that many of my other old books/mags suffered in my race to plaster my walls with as many gaunt, crestfallen dudes in black crushed velvet as possible :lol:

the entry From Patti82's site:

susky
Road Kill

Also, this has probably been posted somewhere on this site before but just noticed the "Family Tree" inside the first few pages of the "Life" book. Figured I'd include here for the heck of it:

mh
Above the Chemist

I've a copy with the 7", but I don't seem to remember the family tree being in it. Then again, it has been quite a long time since I last dug it out.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Same book with the 7" and CD. I've got both, quite silly actually ;D
in dub we trust
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

I've got the one with the CD too. The family tree is in it.

I think this was part of an Italian series of releases. I've got a similar book for Bauhaus (including a CD as well).
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Dan
Overbomber

I got the 7" (with no book) for £1 from a record fair.
I have a Syd Barrett book and tiny cd from the same series.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Got mine second hand somewhere or other, missing the 7"/CD (whichever it came with). Note the inaccuracies in the family tree (Gary not in the band in 1981 or 1985, Wayne replaces Ben a year too early, Jon Langford's name misspelled). At least the biog on the next page got it right...as far as I remember, anyway.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

mh wrote:I've a copy with the 7", but I don't seem to remember the family tree being in it. Then again, it has been quite a long time since I last dug it out.
Have a look again Michael, the tree is in. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If anyone wants another?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 688598.htm

Dunno if it's worth 25 quid though is it?
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Jeez, memories.... I remember picking up a copy with the 7" from the virgins megastar in Glasgow in about 93.... Hadn't heard any bootlegs at that time and was blown away by ghostwriter... The tiffany gigs one of best boots going imo.
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries