Interview with Ben Christo

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Steve Cole
Road Kill

There's an interview with the Sisters guitarist Ben Chriso at http://www.m-magazine.co.uk/featuresint ... n-christo/

Ben discusses the contrast between working on the Sisters' music and his own band Night By Night and finding inspiration at 4am, among other things.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

cool, thanks for the heads-up steve 8)

i love this:
When I began with The Sisters Of Mercy, I didn’t really know what the parameters were for that band. Even though the parameters were quite wide, both my playing and my songwriting were, at times, outside them. As the years went on they taught me more about their influences, which bizarrely, come from glam rock and a lot of Motown – which I wasn’t expecting. At the heart of their music is space and rhythm, pop and 70′s glam music, rather than faux ‘spookiness’ and Phantom of the Opera! I learnt quite a lot in the first years with the band, to the point where they would say ‘jam over these Motown records, that’ll help your guitar playing’. My response was: ‘Ace – I’ve never done anything like that before’ – I was used to playing to AC/DC records.
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

thanks!!
Steve Cole
Road Kill

It was such a pleasure to speak with Ben - a really charming and interesting feller - who was very modest, I had to stop him from asking me questions! He certainly isn't the 'self-absorbed' artist.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

thanks for the share Steve Cole & welcome if you intend to stay.

Ben is a charming guy, very politie & always willing to listen to fans for a few seconds before a gig. i remember a gig when one of the songs did go a bit metal for my taste of the sisters but at least he is a learning soul.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Great interview, interesting guy, but .... "I really like Nik Kershaw's stuff" :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd love to see the reaction if he'd played some NK at that Dublin DJ set !!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice and thanks! :notworthy:
A kind man he is!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

An interview from earlier this year with Ben http://coconutsilver.wordpress.com/2013 ... -of-mercy/ which I don't think has been posted here before. He gives a slightly lengthier version of the oft-told story of how he came to join the band.
NxN have a new single out - "The Moment" - BTW.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:An interview from earlier this year with Ben http://coconutsilver.wordpress.com/2013 ... -of-mercy/ which I don't think has been posted here before. He gives a slightly lengthier version of the oft-told story of how he came to join the band.
NxN have a new single out - "The Moment" - BTW.
Cool, I had been searchin' for that specific interview for a while but couldn't find it .
Now all that stuff is gonna be linked to the SistersWiki ... ;D ... thanks for the hint! ... :notworthy: ...