The Doors of perception

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

So, the Doors are finally touring again, with Ian Astbury on vocals.

I hope they do a gig in Manchester - I for one would definately go.

I was just wondering what other Heartlanders felt about this 'reformation'? I know that some will claim it is blasphemy to replace Jim Morrison, but I don't have a problem with it - just because he was stupid enough to die it doesn't mean the rest of the band have to retire- they have a right to earn a living, surely?
and anyway, the Doors was never just Jim + hired hands - all four doors wrote songs.

And they couldn't have picked a better replacement - Ian is in some ways similar to Jim, but has has own unique style.
I can't wait to hear him belt out 'break on through'.

I hope this opens the floodgates for more classic bands to get replacement goth musicians - I think the Beatles would work well with Harrison + Lennon replaced by Gary Marx and Andrew Eldritch...
Gazza for England manager
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Haing been a huge fan of The Cult for yonks and having seen them live a few times , I truly think this is Astbury's dream job. Not one for giving less than 300 % when he plays live, I imagine it'll be a good show.
Hell is other people
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

The Doors music is timeless. If the rest of the band can make a few quid, why not? With the advances in sound and lighting equipement since their heyday they should put on quite a show.

Not too sure about Eldritch and the Beatles. I have it on good authority that he always coverted the Bee Gees role. Rumours abound that since Maurice's demise he been negoiating with Barry and (mad) Robin. The Dominion white suit may yet come out of mothballs ... :eek:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Johnny Boy wrote:The Doors music is timeless. If the rest of the band can make a few quid, why not? With the advances in sound and lighting equipement since their heyday they should put on quite a show.

Not too sure about Eldritch and the Beatles. I have it on good authority that he always coverted the Bee Gees role. Rumours abound that since Maurice's demise he been negoiating with Barry and (mad) Robin. The Dominion white suit may yet come out of mothballs ... :eek:
"You can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a Goth Overlord with no time to talk ..........."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hell is other people
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:The Doors music is timeless. If the rest of the band can make a few quid, why not? With the advances in sound and lighting equipement since their heyday they should put on quite a show.

"You can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a Goth Overlord with no time to talk ..........."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
LOL BD :notworthy:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
pikkrong
Overbomber

I have always suspected Astbury wants to be Morrison :)
but - why not?
IF the band wants to rebirth I see no better replacement.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I think it's creepy.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

how come?
Gazza for England manager
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Well, you've got one guy who's dead, right?

And another who's made a career by basically aping his moves.

And now the rest of the original band "get back together" and utilise the talents of the ape.

I guess i'm saying it would be like, if von popped it, he was the replaced by Ville Valo or something.

See what I mean.

(excuse the lack of coherency - hangover)
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"