Bowie then...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
czuczu
Overbomber

... :D

Doesn't even matter that its a bit bland, he's back! :notworthy:

Edited to add link, song is on youtube
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

i was nervous listening to it at first... it's a slow song, but after about a minute i was starting to feel it :)

have listened to it a few times now and it's definitely a grower.

my favourite bit is the last minute or so when the drums pick up the pace a little - there's some gorgeous guitars come in towards the end.

very much looking forward to hearing the rest of his new stuff :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote:... :D

Doesn't even matter that its a bit bland, he's back! :notworthy:

Edited to add link, song is on youtube
Blimey. I thought he'd jacked it in for ever.
:eek:

Good to see him alive & kicking again.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*

New Bowie Album!

*bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*

I'm sorry, I will clean that up.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:*bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*

New Bowie Album!

I'm sorry, I will clean that up.
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

i was nervous listening to it at first... it's a slow song, but after about a minute i was starting to feel it :)

my favourite bit is the last minute or so when the drums pick up the pace a little - there's some gorgeous guitars come in towards the end.

In all parts fully seconded! ... :D ;D ...

And btw, Happy Birthday, Mr Bowie !!! ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote: Blimey. I thought he'd jacked it in for ever.
:eek:
Likewise :!:
It's a great song. :notworthy:

Fantastic to see him back. :notworthy:

Edit: Is Gabrels playing on the album or is he staying with The Cure? :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
czuczu
Overbomber

He parted company with Gabrels in '99 - apparently Reeves wasn't too impressed with the return of the Greatest Hits. :lol:
Think it was all quite amicable though. Earl Slick and Gerry Leonard were his last 2 tour guitarists.
Pista
Cureboi

I think Gabrels' tenure with The Cure was just temporary, for the SummerCure shows.
He was in blighty for a while after though & there are mumblings of releases (remember those?).

Funny. After reading the article, The Cure immediately sprang to mind. I think it was all the references to the Berlin Trilogy.
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I like that song, even listening it on my laptop. :)
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just listened to this a min ago & it's so f**king great to hear that voice again :notworthy: Really digging the new tune 8)
and a new album??! :eek: :notworthy:
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Sweetcheeks wrote:Just listened to this a min ago & it's so f**king great to hear that voice again :notworthy: Really digging the new tune 8)
and a new album??! :eek: :notworthy:

WORD! :notworthy: ;D
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Now all he needs to do is announce UK shows...although if he does I think I may run out of jizz forever
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Silver_Owl
The Don

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:Now all he needs to do is announce UK shows...although if he does I think I may run out of jizz forever
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Nope. But I still love him... :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I tried to like the new single, I really did, but it's just so bland.
Caetlin
Road Kill

I really love it. And finding it in the early morning (or when I woke up, actually) really made my day. :D
Oh yes, happy birthday Mr. Bowie!
I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations - one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Found out about it this morning at work. I kinda feel the same as Stu: it might not be that good, but it makes me happy just to see he's back :notworthy:

Not only UK shows are needed btw, there's more than just your island you know :innocent: :wink:
in dub we trust
million voices
Slight Overbomber

WOW!!! AMAZING!!

I thought that was it. I expected at some point there would be a trawl through the vaults and a lot more repackaging and anniversary releases but not NEW MATERIAL - incredible.

It just goes to show you an artist or a band release nothing for years and then POW! - it almost gives you hope.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
sultan2075
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:I tried to like the new single, I really did, but it's just so bland.
My reaction was precisely the opposite: he's never done it for me, but I rather liked this. I've always felt bad that he's never done it for me, though--like it's some kind of moral failing on my part that I find his work to be resoundingly "meh."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

Agree, but then again for last couple of months I am in the mood for such songs. My neurons are happy.
Oh yes, the lyrics are great.

Bonus: He is back.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Like everyone else I love the lyrics and it is an understated "grower" in the way Dandelion King was - a good thing for a comeback. Sounds a bit meandering first time you hear it but definitely worthy of the great man. But releasing a new song only a decade after the last one...lightweight ! :roll:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I heard about first thing this morning but it took me hours to get on line to listen... In the interim I was getting texts telling me about it, so by lunch I had pretty much built myself up to a frenzy of expectation.
On the first listen, I though it sounds like something off '...hours'. Not a bad thing but not what I had been expecting...

However, after a couple of more listens, it really started to pay off. Now, I love it...

Incidentally, on another note - I think the new album cover is fantastic. Great interview by the designer ->
http://virusfonts.com/news/2013/01/davi ... er-design/
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Edit: Is Gabrels playing on the album or is he staying with The Cure? :?
I remember reading they had a falling out in the late 00's. TI think Reeves said something along the lines of he had possibly got a bit carried away & forgot who was paying the wages & name appeared above the title.
Personally, while I thought he was great in Tin Machine & on Outside, I kinda got started to find his work a bit samey and ruined some of the later stuff he did with Bowie with those squealing bits...

But that's just me...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Being645
Above the Chemist

bangles wrote: Incidentally, on another note - I think the new album cover is fantastic. Great interview by the designer ->
http://virusfonts.com/news/2013/01/davi ... er-design/
... :eek: ... The cover is indeed very, very good!
I'm all excited now to hear the whole of the album.
And I know already now, it will touch me deeply.
It does that already now only by the first song and the cover ... :eek: ...
Oh hell, I forgot such a lot. And not only the bad things.