Smurph's RULED!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Yip, never seen em before and i got her indoors to drive us all the way to Crewe and what a night it was! Quiffy? Your missing the appropriate emoticon's on this site, dude!

Never seen em before and after all the promise of being there i felt i'd neglected myself of some true classic peice of covers.

If you've not gone out of your way to see these guy's then your robbing yourselves of a brilliant Sisters extravaganza. They played a s**t of the old school stuff coupled with a few tracks from Vision thing and it worked a treat.

I was really impressed with the encore of "Comfortably numb" a Floyd classic that i'd never heard before followed by a beautiful rendition of "Some kind of stranger" which had me in an orgasmic state. Paddy just f***ed off on an incredible solo on guitar, the likes i've never heard before! The makings of a truly brilliant night for even the vaguest Sisters fan. It struck a chord with me that i'd never thought possible from a tribute band.

Mock Eldritch? Well, i wouldn't have known. He was f***in TOP!

Yeah, Me and Quiffy punkin out on the dancefloor to "Nine while nine", "Alice", " First, last". and when he wussed out i carried on to "Corrosion", "Temple", "1969".

Thanks very much for a truly memorable evening guy's and you can count ME in for the next one :wink:

U RULE!!!!! (as i seldom say) :lol:
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, And great to meet a couple of cool Heartlanders too in Ed and Carrie! Great people! :)
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

They were indeed on *extremely* good form...nice to meet you Reverberator!
Queen of the mean!
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

*bah humbug* ;) ;) ;)
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

wow..... thanks.... fantastic to see you all during and after.
Verb, really glad you liked it and thanks for the review!

The evening had its highlights for me too......... i really need to get my head on, just not like me....

Lets try and make this as regular as possible then !!!

very tired, off to die,
Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

So you enjoyed it then, Kirby? ;)

Oh, I feel so left out--I just consoled myself, slightly, by listening to the MP3s on the Smurphs' website. f**king wicked! :notworthy:

Maybe someday...say, if you were to play sometime around X-mas/New Year's? :wink: :D Cos it's ever so likely that I'll be in the UK around that time.

But don't go out of your way for me or anything... ;D

You know, just a thought.
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Ginger wrote:So you enjoyed it then, Kirby? ;)
Did too, hon :wink:

I'm a bit more sober now and i could correct the grammar but i won't.

I still stand by what i said mind, CLASS! 8)