General Rant Place

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I have a broken finger and 4 hours in a rehearsal studio today. That on top of a new guitar that I've only plugged in once and didn't like.

I'm drinking a bottle of wine to get me physically through it.

Rant over. For now.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

There is something deeply wrong about colds that strike on a Friday evening on the way home from work, and melt away on a Sunday, in time for you to go back to work on a Monday morning, having lost your entire weekend.

I suspect such germs are genetically engineered by capitalist bosses just "for the lulz".
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i am fed up with the amount of housework that needs doing around here. my life isn't meant to be spent cleaning, tidying and putting away. gah.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

lazarus corporation wrote:There is something deeply wrong about colds that strike on a Friday evening on the way home from work, and melt away on a Sunday, in time for you to go back to work on a Monday morning, having lost your entire weekend.

I suspect such germs are genetically engineered by capitalist bosses just "for the lulz".
Take Monday and Tuesday off sick to get your revenge.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:There is something deeply wrong about colds that strike on a Friday evening on the way home from work, and melt away on a Sunday, in time for you to go back to work on a Monday morning, having lost your entire weekend.

++1 as mark says
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote:
markfiend wrote:

++1 as mark says
Thirded ... it's surely been your boss who (all out of greed) programmed your subconscious accordingly already during your job interview ... :twisted: ...
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:i am fed up with the amount of housework that needs doing around here. my life isn't meant to be spent cleaning, tidying and putting away. gah.
second this....it really is never never ending. I don't have a dishwasher, I AM the dishwasher, seemingly permanently up to my elbows in water...I'm sure I'm developing tide marks.....grrrr
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i did some. nothing looks any different. pah.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
AshenLight
Road Kill

Just discovered Yellowstone Park is still closed for the winter :x First time I've made it out this way in almost 20 years (and last time I was a teenager instead of a full grown scientist). Will have to entertain myself tomorrow in this little town instead.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

AshenLight wrote:Just discovered Yellowstone Park is still closed for the winter :x First time I've made it out this way in almost 20 years (and last time I was a teenager instead of a full grown scientist). Will have to entertain myself tomorrow in this little town instead.
Eh? How do you close Jellystone?! I mean, isn't it a big wide open space? Do migrating herds of buffalo stop at the gate and say, "Well, guys, guess we'd better sit here and wait for Spring"? Do they turn off Old Faithful? I think you should stop worrying about being a full-grown scientist, clamber over the fence, and frolic. Go on - you know you want to :D
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Got through 4 packs of cigarettes yesterday...
I'm sure that's not healthy.
At all.
I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money... :lol: :)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

4?

Lightweight.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:4?

Lightweight.
Hell, when I smoked I went through two lighters a day 8)
Hank Moody
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
Pista wrote:4?

Lightweight.
Hell, when I smoked I went through two lighters a day 8)
Both of you shhhh
It's not normal for me.
Or legal.
And in a non smoking flat. :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Separate thread maybe but I as the originator of this thread I'm going to up the ante...

So, a plane BLATANTLY did not hit The Pentagon on 9/11 so what did?!

Ps. I'm not a "no planes hit the twin towers" nut. I just have serious questions that can't be answered and this is one of them. Science books need to be re-written if what apparently hit actually did.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
iesus
Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Separate thread maybe but I as the originator of this thread I'm going to up the ante...

So, a plane BLATANTLY did not hit The Pentagon on 9/11 so what did?!

Ps. I'm not a "no planes hit the twin towers" nut. I just have serious questions that can't be answered and this is one of them. Science books need to be re-written if what apparently hit actually did.
According to new material leaked it was UFOs
http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2010/02/new- ... enter.html
:twisted:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

let's take the 9-11 stuff to the other thread
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
AshenLight
Road Kill

EvilBastard wrote:
AshenLight wrote:Just discovered Yellowstone Park is still closed for the winter :x First time I've made it out this way in almost 20 years (and last time I was a teenager instead of a full grown scientist). Will have to entertain myself tomorrow in this little town instead.
Eh? How do you close Jellystone?! I mean, isn't it a big wide open space? Do migrating herds of buffalo stop at the gate and say, "Well, guys, guess we'd better sit here and wait for Spring"? Do they turn off Old Faithful? I think you should stop worrying about being a full-grown scientist, clamber over the fence, and frolic. Go on - you know you want to :D

Well, okay, the whole park isn't sealed at the borders or anything. But it is closed to vehicle traffic, unless you happen to have a snowmobile (I don't). And I decided against walking 20+ miles in blizzard conditions. Apparently I'm not as hardcore as I used to be 8)

I did get to see wolves, and bears, and a few yearling bison anyway, at least. But I still want to see Great Fountain Geyser erupt again someday.
Pista
Cureboi

AshenLight wrote: But I still want to see Great Fountain Geyser erupt again someday.
& Yogi Bear?

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:& Yogi Bear?

Didn't he used to play for the Yankees?