little help here

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

is it possible to organise your mp3's shared on kazaa in alphabetical order?
what i mean is this-ive got 600 ish now,and having to plough thru them all searching for one particular song by someone is now a complete pain in the ass.
what i was thinking was some way of organising it so that any future uploads automatically were filed in correct order.
just to complicate matters(or not)i do have some kind of seperate "shared folder"icon on desktop for kazaa,but altho at some point it was in use it quite clearly isnt now because nothings gone in it for months.but does appear that things were being listed in a,b,c in that.
and thinking about it,getting that working again would be good anyway becuase then ive got the drag your file option with winamp.
would do it myself but i dont know how and my tech support is in canada doing queen and country type duties
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

First off Kazaa is evil evil evil. Use Kazaa Lite. The Diet Coke of evil.

To solve your MP3 thing, why don't you just make folders under the artists name and group the MP3s in that? Kazaa should list them ok. I would have thought that Kazaa would list stuff alphabetically. Mine seems to. Kazaa makes it's own shared folder which you can use if you want. I don't purely because I found out on a friends computer (luckily for me, not for her) if you uninstall Kazaa it wipes everything out of the Kazaa Shared Files folder, so that is a good reason to use your own folder. She wasn't too pleased when I figured out what had happened to all her MP3s. :oops:

Alternatively, use Soulseek which (I think) is better for MP3s as you can choose to download folders as well as individual files.

I also have my MP3 folder set as a Toolbar. you can do this by Rightclicking the Taskbar and choosing Toolbars, New Toolbar and linking to your folder that has your mp3s in it. Once thats done you can click on the littlw arrows next to the toolbar name (mine is called MP3 for example) and then choose the stuff you want to listen to. If you have your MP3s all arranged in folders you can right click the folder name and choose to Play in Winamp, or you can fo into the folder and choose the individual file. Dead easy! :D This would save you using Kazaa to find your files. Also if you are using Winamp 2, there is a great little addon from http://albumlist.sourceforge.net/ which will give you an album list that sits next to the main winamp program. you set it to scan your MP3 folder and it will list all the albums it finds based on the ID3 album information.

Hope this makes sense! If not, let me know!

Ce||Three
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Serendipityhaven

to anyone other than the technophobe i am,that im sure would make [perfect sense.
i have the fight of flee reflex when it comes to these type of things.currently my brains in head for the hills mode.
not forgetting the half dozen times this pc had to have everything re installed from sctratch after so called geeks and tekkies (all with the best of intentions i might add)each took it in turn to "make things easy" by going the quick way round stuff.
they also blew up the heat sinnk or fan thing,blew a fuse in the plug,and blew the hard drive eventually too.

not that im saying what you suggest isnt sound,just why the thought of adjustments or tinkering beyond what i know(which is nada) makes me apprehensive.

but any aid is gratefully appreciated tho :)
Karst
Slight Overbomber

<Mr_E> kazaa lite's a little better... I get a good 30 seconds of downloading before it crashes
<Mr_E> regular kazaa crashes on start up
<Mr_E> I need like, kazaa-uber-lite
<Mr_E> if there was such thing
<Mr_E> maybe I'd get a whole file done then
<w|zzy> it is your celery
<Mr_E> excuse me?
<logicalentity> hehe
<logicalentity> NOW THATS TECH SUPPORT

From bash.org
Dan
Overbomber

VIEW - ARRANGE ICONS - BY NAME
That sorts all the files into alphabetical order.
Also select LIST, not LARGE ICONS, if you haven't already.

If you have a lot of mp3's by one band then make a folder for them, make a folder for each full album you have, then things are much easier to find.
Serendipityhaven

umm,theres somethingthat was seet up at one point where folders were created and for a while uploads were directed into them,ive just found it on the locate file option thing.thats not in operation now either.dont know why,dont know how it came to be either.and wouldnt have the first idea as to how it stopped working.

this is precisely why i dont mess with these things.but then others who are better qualified do in order to help,but everyones got a diff view as to how to go about it and it all winds up one gigantic confusing mess,which i cant explain and p*sses off everybody else.

i bet its sooo simple to sort out,but requires someone with monumental patience to direct me with this over the net.
will go clean out the flask for coffee supplies,and bag up some snacks too.and maybe something handy to kick if i get annoyed as well.....
Dan
Overbomber

Ugh! Never let your filesharing programs decide where to store your mp3's. (plus I've heard of people uninstalling or installing a new version and it deleted ALL their mp3's.)

Create an audio folder. Inside that make folders for each band, album, etc, and move all your downloads into this folder, then you'll know exactly where everything is.
Serendipityhaven

now i understood that.and it sounds perfect and low maintenance,and easy to use as well.
cheers,will see if help will help me sort that out. :) since i wouldnt know where to begin.