Leeds Goth All-dayer 12 Oct 1991

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well as this got such an overwhelming response in the "watching" thread I thought I'd try in a thread of its own...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDaBOCCW67Q

I come in around 2:11 making a tit of myself with my back to the camera.

And then again around 2:40. I turn and look at the camera at 2:42.

I'm sure there must be one or two other Heartlanders on there, look and see if you can spot yourself.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Nice nips. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I did say...
markfiend wrote:making a tit of myself
;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Have fond memories of the Temple Bar at Leeds. However this is not one of them
Just one of the pesky kids
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Entertaining viewing if not quite up to Batley 1984 standard. Am glad no such evidence of my own nights out has appeared on YT. Very brave of you Mr Fiend to share this !
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Brave? Or foolhardy? ;D
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Headingly
Road Kill

Wow there were some faces I recognised in there. I don't remember the event at all - I was a bit worried I would spot myself for a while.

The wife spotted some of the people on her course too.
Q: Is space curved?
A: It is in Leeds
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Wow! Brave post Mark! :eek: :notworthy:

I think anyone over 40 will always remember their Thin White Duke days... 8)

...as opposed to looking into a full-length mirror nowadays. Whilst naked. :urff:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
I think anyone over 40 will always remember their Thin White Duke days... 8)

...as opposed to looking into a full-length mirror nowadays. Whilst naked. :urff:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear ya!

:oops: :notworthy: :lol:
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Paulito
Road Kill

Good stuff!!
I remember hanging out with former members of "The Ancestry" a few years after that all ended.
Pretty sure I recognised Dave Higgins and AJ Twist there too, and of course Mr Fiend.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hi Paul! Must catch up again soon ;)

I recognised a few Manchester Faces (as well as Leeds ones, obv), but I'm cr@p at putting names to them...
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i didn't go, but flicking through the vid brings back a few memories :lol:

@ mark: the guy sat facing you (on the floor) in the sisters wembley tee - also on the opening title sequence - that's craig isn't it? aka 'cabbage'? and the girl with long orange hair and her back to the camera - i've met her before I'm sure. she was mates with craig from saddleworth (along with craig's other chums mike and john, who i believe went cardiff uni, and i can't see in that vid). she might be called sarah? and possibly lived in middleton rather than saddleworth? such vagueness :urff:

1.35: i used to have a rosetta info service long sleeve 'hereafter' tee like that :lol:

1.59: the tall guy that walks past the camera and away - think that's zeff from redemption (another one from manchester)

4.20: chap with black hair and girl with orange hair sat in a corner chatting to themselves while the camera focusses on them - that's guy and jo from manchester. jo is sadly no longer with us (RIP). guy (fennel) is now married to my old friend alison, and they occasionally visit leeds to see my other chums john and julie. guy used to be in an industrial band called 'carbonise' with john's brother phil ( https://soundcloud.com/carbonize ) who appears in other parts of the vid

11.34: tall chinese girl with big back-combined hair is mae. i forget the name of the other girl she's whispering in the ear of, but they were both from manchester. also, when the camera pans out at 11:44 you can see the aforementioned phil just to her left, and the chap with the mohawk in front of him is called ian. bumped into him for the first time in years at the sisters in leamington spa a few years ago... ian had the biggest collection of christian death vinyl I'd ever seen :)

15.24: punky guy on the left - i forget what he's called but pretty sure he's been kicking around LS6 since the mid 80s, and still is. covered in tattoos these days. scary looking fella.

16.06: mae again

16.20: phil walking last mae

17:22: a few seconds of creaming jesus: a forest :notworthy: :lol:

blimey. thanks for posting that mark :D
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 24 Mar 2014, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah that's Craig/Cabbage. I lost touch with him ages ago. :|

The girl with the long strawberry blonde (orange :lol:) hair, I think you're thinking of someone else. That's Helen, and she's from Leeds. She worked in "Id" aromatics in Leeds when I first met her (and was therefore known as "Helen Id"). Kerry and I are still good friends with her as it happens.

The other people you mention, yeah like I say there are a lot of old faces I recognise, but either can't remember (or never knew) the names to go with them.

It seems like in those days you could be great mates with someone and not even know their name :lol: Or maybe that's just me...
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Yeah that's Craig/Cabbage. I lost touch with him ages ago. :|

The girl with the long strawberry blonde (orange :lol:) hair, I think you're thinking of someone else. That's Helen, and she's from Leeds. She worked in "Id" aromatics in Leeds when I first met her (and was therefore known as "Helen Id"). Kerry and I are still good friends with her as it happens.

The other people you mention, yeah like I say there are a lot of old faces I recognise, but either can't remember (or never knew) the names to go with them.

It seems like in those days you could be great mates with someone and not even know their name :lol: Or maybe that's just me...
yeah, i know what you mean. i knew first names, but no surnames... :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wish i knew what happened to my old leather from back in the Banshee days 8)

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1479

Had that one done after my original leather with the Alice artwork on the main back panel and the Neph's logo from For Her Light 12" (e.g.: the bottom bit on here: http://991.com/NewGallery/Fields-Of-The ... 173872.jpg ) on the bottom panel was stolen at the banshee about 1990/early 91 :(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've still got my leather with the painting I did* on the back. It's a little small for me these days but I'm making progress in that direction :lol:

* :von:, a still from Wake. The paint is a bit cracked but doubtless I could touch it up.
—Bertrand Russell
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:15.24: punky guy on the left - i forget what he's called but pretty sure he's been kicking around LS6 since the mid 80s, and still is. covered in tattoos these days. scary looking fella.
That's Scum, he's been kicking around LS6 since back when I was in the 80s. Possibly scary looking but actually very, very gentle and sweet.
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.