Von trolling us about the possibility of a new album again

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I know most of you will have heard these, but there are two new interviews with Swiss radio semi-dubbed into French where he is asked the same old questions and is his usual charming self (rather than the occasionally impatient self of the past) in answering them.
One the question of a new album, on this one http://www.rts.ch/couleur3/programmes/p ... -2016.html - interview starts 13.15 in - he gives the usual explanation why not, but adds "We shall see ... The book is not closed." (Sounds like a good album title to me).
In the other one, http://www.rts.ch/la-1ere/programmes/ve ... ayer/popup he gives the usual explanation, then says "I do think about Crowd-funding it." Interview starts at 2:40 on that one.

Well, it was at least a couple of weeks since we had a thread on this ... :innocent: :roll:
Pista
Cureboi

Troll level Von is a notch above platinum isn't it?
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Will it be called "The Pig has Flown the Coup"
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

How about "Going down to Sidcup". Von reminds me of Davies in Pinter's "The Caretaker", who always talks about going to Sidcup, but never does.
Pista
Cureboi

To Wish Impossible Things is already taken
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mandrake

How about Mumble Jumble or ain't that G enough :)
Eye of Ra
Road Kill

I don't suppose anybody would be kind enough to translate the rest of the interviews into English, would they? I'd like to know what else he's talking about (more of the same in any case, I imagine?) :roll:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

ooooh, ouch "Andrew Eldritch, leader du groupe de rock gothique anglais."

Wonder why he doesn't answer in French?
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the find, NVL :notworthy:

I first thought the french questions were just superposed afterwards, but at least the first interview is really done in french (for example 25:54, "lunette noire", shades, about removing his shades give him privacy). He must really be fluent to respond that quickly, I have to play everything twice to understand what the hell she's asking ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I know most of you will have heard these, but there are two new interviews with Swiss radio semi-dubbed into French where he is asked the same old questions and is his usual charming self (rather than the occasionally impatient self of the past) in answering them.
One the question of a new album, on this one http://www.rts.ch/couleur3/programmes/p ... -2016.html - interview starts 13.15 in - he gives the usual explanation why not, but adds "We shall see ... The book is not closed." (Sounds like a good album title to me).
He answers in English but the French translation is just too loud to understand. At least I got, that they have "changed Doktor Avalanche's head recently, which was a long and difficult process ... Unfortunately, we don't get the hardware anymore to go with that. So things had to be manually translated from a very old format ... (things are alright by now), but I still worry about the reliability of the Doktor. Beyond that it's similar to the Swiss magazine interview: cats, foreign films including Japanese ultra-violent ones, but also many others, the difficulties in British labour party, and the old sunglasses story ... and the fact that by now he's bald and that, as half the English population is as well, he will hardly be recognized in the streets ... I definitely missed a lot. He prefers Philip Glass to Bach (boring), for example ... there's lots of electronic music out there but often composer turn to quantity instead of quality ...

Some French speaker should really give it a try, please ...

However, the difficulties with the Doktor could also explain developments. If all his stuff was stored in Windows 95, err ... ok ... and now they've recovered it ... :eek: :oops: :lol: ... after decades ...
Alex66

I can agree with him that Glass is quality though I have a slight preference for Steve Reich due to his fantastic piece Different Trains, it was released with Electric Counterpoint; Pat Metheney playing guitar over himself playing guitar something like 12 track or something.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

However, the difficulties with the Doktor could also explain developments. If all his stuff was stored in Windows 95, err ... ok ... and now they've recovered it ... :eek: :oops: :lol: ... after decades ...[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:However, the difficulties with the Doktor could also explain developments.
Being645 wrote: If all his stuff was stored in Windows 95, err ... ok ... and now they've recovered it ... :eek: :oops: :lol: ... after decades ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well that was just an example I imagined to get the message across. He didn't talk of Windows 95 ... :wink: ... but still ... :lol: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Actually today is very simple to have 2-3 virtual windows95 running on any newer windows version and do yor things in parallel with new funcy programms :)
Golf Anglais that was a good one :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Thanks for the find, NVL :notworthy:

I first thought the french questions were just superposed afterwards, but at least the first interview is really done in french (for example 25:54, "lunette noire", shades, about removing his shades give him privacy). He must really be fluent to respond that quickly, I have to play everything twice to understand what the hell she's asking ;D
Well his French was good enough to get him into Oxford, albeit nearly forty years ago.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:"I do think about Crowd-funding it." Interview starts at 2:40 on that one.
I'd kick in a thousand bones. All I would want in return is a) an album and b) a dissertation on Hegel and Elvis.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Alex66

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:

Well his French was good enough to get him into Oxford, albeit nearly forty years ago.
I guess if he didn't use it for years he would have to refresh on speaking, my dad did have to refresh his Swahili after forty years not using it.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Clutching at the smallest of straws...has he ever said before he'd consider crowdfunding? I can't recall him doing so.
The Chancer Corporation
Alex66

abridged wrote:Clutching at the smallest of straws...has he ever said before he'd consider crowdfunding? I can't recall him doing so.
Chris has had a couple of successful campaigns with it so perhaps Von has seen its a possibility, I did recall that one of them mentioned it before.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:

When, I assume, guess, standards were higher then it is nowaday.

I would like to hold my breath but I just can't when words turn into action then I pledge to financial contribute in his/their kick star/ pledge campaige.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

abridged wrote:Clutching at the smallest of straws...has he ever said before he'd consider crowdfunding? I can't recall him doing so.
Whilst still clutching at that tiniest of straws, I note that the band have played most of the currently unrecorded newer songs on the recent European jaunt...
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Alex66 wrote:Will it be called "The Pig has Flown the Coup"
I'm putting my money on Go Figure II ...
Dan
Overbomber

I may be misremembering here, but a few years ago one of the other band members had a page on some site where you can ask questions, and someone asked if Eldritch had considered crowdfunding and I got the impression he wasn't in favour of it. If someone can find the thread?

EDIT: It's here.
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

On the 2nd page is the bit I was remembering...
Do the Sisters have any plans for releasing any new studio material? iTunes? Pledge like the Violets? Anything?

As remarkable as the Pledge thing is, I don't think it'd be for The Sisters. We're always writing. I'd never say never.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The howling moth's nest that is my PayPal account is standing by for some pledge action…
Rudolph
Road Kill

I get the feeling he'd call the album something like Happy Now?