Cuirt Festival

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Just (another) bit of self promotion boss! :wink: Abridged is making a very rare appearance in the daylight to present a poetry reading by Jacob Polley (who just won the Eliot Prize), Theresa Munoz and Stephen Burt at the Cuirt Festival, Galway on April 29th for anyone near or fancying a break. Galway is a great city with plenty of great bars. See details at http://www.cuirt.ie/event/abridged-step ... ney-chair/ We'll also be launching the latest issue of the Abridged Magazine! The title may have been influenced a bit by a certain song that mentions Babel! :D
The Chancer Corporation
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Surely you don't need to mention the numerous bars to sell the festival to Heartlanders?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Surely you don't need to mention the numerous bars to sell the festival to Heartlanders?
People need to know there are ones that sell purple Guinness. They will stare at you and on occasion call you a girl but still sell it to you! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Surely you don't need to mention the numerous bars to sell the festival to Heartlanders?
People need to know there are ones that sell purple Guinness. They will stare at you and on occasion call you a girl but still sell it to you! :wink:
So the Galway Girl - her hair was black, her eyes were blue and her Guinness was purple? The things you learn here :D

I will pass the word on about the festival to the tribe members in Galway.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Noooo.... not the dreaded purple Guinness!!!
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:
abridged wrote:
So the Galway Girl - her hair was black, her eyes were blue and her Guinness was purple? The things you learn here :D

I will pass the word on about the festival to the tribe members in Galway.
Ta! :lol:

Ah delightful rather than dreaded! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:
Ah delightful rather than dreaded! :wink:

And the same goes for my family and friends in Galway :lol: