Royal Wedding

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
NickB
Road Kill

I have to confess that I am somewhat surprised that my invitation has not arrived yet. Perhaps the corgis ate it. Oh well, have to have a pint and watch the footie instead... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

NickB wrote:Perhaps the corgis ate it.
Maybe that's what killed it.

Mercifully, being in a different country, I'm not getting bombarded by the media circus this has become.
But hey! Maybe the day will go with a bang after all.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

They can stick the royal wedding up their collective arses.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Mercifully, being in a different country, I'm not getting bombarded by the media circus this has become.
Unfortunately I do live in a different country and still have to put up with all their crap.
sultan2075
Overbomber

So many people here are interested in it, and I just keep thinking to myself "didn't we fight a war so we wouldn't have to pay attention to the crown?"
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:"didn't we fight a war so we wouldn't have to pay attention to the crown?"
Yeah, so did we but some bastich let them back in.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Just wait until the Queen dies, the media will be milking that one dry for weeks. I may have to hide away in a cave when that happens!
Swinnow
Overbomber

NickB wrote:I have to confess that I am somewhat surprised that my invitation has not arrived yet. Perhaps the corgis ate it. Oh well, have to have a pint and watch the footie instead... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't the big cup final the following saturday night???
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Yep I'm going to Windsor
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well pleased our 5 yr old telling her friends what mooching parasites they all are, made my day.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Microcosmia

sultan2075 wrote:So many people here are interested in it, and I just keep thinking to myself "didn't we fight a war so we wouldn't have to pay attention to the crown?"
We had a rebellion, declared independence and more besides but when Princess Margaret got married sales of TV sets along the east coast went through the roof...
Chaotican

I just don’t understand why you don’t have some huge counter-gathering outside the event with clever signs and exploding limousines.

Next time, tell me when some twit is getting married (this wasn’t on my radar) and I’ll come organize it. 😁
Pista
Cureboi

Chaotican wrote:I just don’t understand why you don’t have some huge counter-gathering outside the event with clever signs
Like this?

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Alex66 wrote:Well pleased our 5 yr old telling her friends what mooching parasites they all are, made my day.
I've got a good friend whose daughter replies to the question "What is a princess?" with one word: "Expropriator."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.