GW6 Friday 20th September 19.00 PM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening! Lovely round up from that there Pista, though a pass by pass reconstruction of Norwich's finest moves would have been an excellent decision :lol:
Well played to everyone except me. Pah. Still, doesn't look like too many have been injured mid week, so unless you have Stones, James or Mount, rest easy.

Let's have a look at this GW's main events:

Friday 20 September

Southampton 20:00 Bournemouth I'm asleep already. 2-2

Saturday 21 September

Leicester 12:30 Spurs Good game on the cards for a lunchtime pint break. Not sure who will win this one tbh.
Burnley 15:00 Norwich GO CANARIES! If they play like last week, they'll rip them apart. Honest.
Everton 15:00 Sheffield Utd Everton not so steady last week, SU have a new owner.
Man City 15:00 Watford Laporte out for ages, Stones injured, Watford sorting themselves out?
Newcastle 17:30 Brighton A really zinging bottom of the table clash.

Sunday 22 September

Crystal Palace 14:00 Wolves Palace might be able to get away with losing this by a few more points than 2nd bottom Wolves. What are they doing down there? In Europa League action today, too.
West Ham 14:00 Man Utd Utd also in Europa action. This one is tricky to call.
Arsenal 16:30 Aston Villa I think Villa might actually win. Will Luiz play?
Chelsea 16:30 Liverpool Liverpool should win this, but there are a few signs of life in the Blue corner that might make it less of a rout.

So, just under 24 hours to set your teams. Please make use of your transfers, gird your loins, check the groins of your players and pay attention to the opponents! I've got us some apple crumble and custard/cream/icecream in, just because we deserve it. Please request quick if you'd rather have rhubarb
:eek: or some added blackberries. :von:

Oh... Fort William won a game since I last reported. First in 882 days. Fortza!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Boss, as a FYI the Blunts don't have a new owner, he's been there since 2014 or summat. He's now just the sole owner :)

Didn't know Utd were in the capital, darn it I coulda booked a later coach home on Sunday and gone for a visit to the London Stadium. Ah well too late now.

Oh and Boss, can I be excused from having to check my squads groins please? They're a right set of bruisers, I'd rather not.

Good luck all, don't forget to mess with yer squads before heading off to see The Sisters :von:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

GW 6 - strangely unavailable...Weekend Off watching The Sisters of Mercy :von:

P.S. is AE available as a substitute this week :innocent:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Dave, you can check groin status online, no need to go within 4547528878 miles :p

ROBBIE - me too! with an added Mr S birthday.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ROBBIE wrote:GW 6 - strangely unavailable...Weekend Off watching The Sisters of Mercy :von:
:lol:

and probably followed by a set of strangely dismal points totals. Nowt too unusual there though. Maybe we should have some kind of IGM footy shirt in order to spot each other in the sea of black at gigs?
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:Dave, you can check groin status online.
:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

The Deadline is tomorrow, sort it now before you set off!

Dave... why didn't you have this idea a few weeks ago... ? Smashing idea.

I'm the small one. Look for a dip in the crowd.
ROBBIE

emilystrange wrote:The Deadline is tomorrow, sort it now before you set off!

Dave... why didn't you have this idea a few weeks ago... ? Smashing idea.

I'm the small one. Look for a dip in the crowd.

I’m also small so it could be a big dip in the crowd... :lol:
ROBBIE

Planet Dave wrote:
ROBBIE wrote:GW 6 - strangely unavailable...Weekend Off watching The Sisters of Mercy :von:
:lol:

and probably followed by a set of strangely dismal points totals. Nowt too unusual there though. Maybe we should have some kind of IGM footy shirt in order to spot each other in the sea of black at gigs?
We could be sponsored by Sisters or Reptile House :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote:
emilystrange wrote:Dave, you can check groin status online.
:eek:
My thoughts exactly Steve! :lol:

Sorry Boss I only decided to attend last week. The seed has now been sown for the next tour. So, on the lookout for a big dip in the crowd, and/or anyone sponsored by Sisters and Reptile House. No worries, see you there folks ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we're all going to be going round staring at people, muttering 'IGM?' at intervals
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thousands of Jim's will be saying 'yes, what?' if we do that mutteringly :lol: A chorus of 'we only hate EIB and Blood Brothers, EIB and Blood Bruuuuvers, we only hate EIB and Blood Brothers' might be more specific and effective?

Steve, we don't really. It's literally a means of identification ;D

Either way, assuming it turns up in the post tomoz, I'll have a white Alice t-shirt on. Might narrow it down a bit.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's possible i might have red lipstick on
Pista
Cureboi

I heard this evening's game referred to as the New Forest derby today
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Early Leicester goal goes to VAR &........
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone have Foster in goal?
Watford 5 down in under 20 minutes
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just remembered to check my scores, wow whatever pulse of the universe inspired my last-minute trip to see The Sisters must have been working when I did my team, Bernado Silva as captain? Nice, I dunno why I did that, but nice. Certainly got maximum value from that pulse of the universe.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

The end of the GW has nighed! A quick whip through, as I'm not in a good mood after all the marking I've had to do this week . Still, the Sisters was jolly fun, and so was bumping into mh, Lee, Paul, Tim and Robert. :D

Did things turn out as expected? Well, Bournemouth won away, with the Wilsons and Aké doing the honours. Bit rubbish for Southampton, really. At lunchtime on Saturday, Leicester did win eventually but VAR stuck a few feet in - as did Kane, with the jammiest falling over goal you'll ever see. Excellent presence of mind! Wood sank Norwich :( so my two teams lost 4-1 overall. Everton had another mare with Sheffield Utd actually doing rather well so far.

Man City get their own paragraph. Watford did not get their act together, it was 5-0 after a quarter of the game was gone. Bernardo Silva got three, and just about everyone else except Ederson got either a goal or an assist. EIGHT nil. Blumming heck. Still not the biggest win in te premiership though, they'll ahve to try again next week. THEY DID NOT PLAY STERLING WHO WAS MY CAPTAIN. I AM still NOT AMUSED.

Newcastle and Brighton - didn't see or hear any of this so have no idea. 0-0 though. I said it would be exciting. Palace didn't manage to score any so Wolves decided to step in and score one for each team. Utd managed to lose and recovery is slow going. Oh well. The Arse did win, but really, Villa should not be scoring two against them, so the Brum lot will be more disappointed that they didn't win. In the final game, Liverpool won 2-1 but really should have done better. Kante's goal was a good one.

After all of that, the points were totted up and we either groaned or smiled.
BB&S won the week and lead the league. Here's the Classic table:

The Yellow Jersey rests upon the noble frame of Faith Rovers

And the Big Shout Out is The Clash Athletic's with 93 lovely points.

Over at the H2H, the result and order is exactly the same

And Ederson Volleys has the Crown!

That's it for GW6. The Carabao Cup has provided 'entertainment' this week. Sort of. Depends who you are.

GW7 - can it match 6? Discuss. The Shed will be open.
Pista
Cureboi

Thanks for hosting the week ;D
I think we need to add a new noun to our lexicon.
To Pep:> To throw a spanner in the works; to thwart; to nobble; to utterly fcuk it up for everyone..

Oh, GW7 is now open
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity