No Mr Bond. I expect you to die

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Few weeks ago was an information about his 90th b-day. Now this. It's not a good news, yet at this age it's nothing unexpected.

Thanks for all movies. :notworthy:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

You only live twice, Mr Bond.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I watched Goldfinger on Saturday night. Classic Bond.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

90 years, what a milestone! We should all be so lucky. I'm not a fan of classic Bond (sorry) so I watched The Untouchables at the weekend, instead. Great film, great performance from Connery, RIP.
Anger Is An Energy
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

It was Hunt for Red October for me, just brazenly using a Scottish accent for a Latvian-born Russian submarine captain.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 11:39 It was Hunt for Red October for me, just brazenly using a Scottish accent for a Latvian-born Russian submarine captain.
Yep, as with The Untouchables, he's an Irish cop with a Scottish accent because Connery. I can imagine the discussions, let's say for Highlander, and you, Sean, are playing a Spaniard. Brilliant, I love Spain, but my Spaniard will have a Scottish accent. Er. Problem? No, of course not..
Anger Is An Energy
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

am pretty sure by that point he'd lived in the US longer than he was ever in Scotland, so hell why not play a spaniard :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 12:12 am pretty sure by that point he'd lived in the US longer than he was ever in Scotland, so hell why not play a spaniard :lol:
I just did a quick check and Ramirez from Highlander was actually Egyptian :lol: God bless you Sean Connery, you were aware of the rules but chose to ignore them.

Pity about the views on hitting women, mind.
Anger Is An Energy
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Yeah that was a serious problem, and people are right to pick up on it. Easy to brush it under the carpet and not 'speak ill of the dead'.
GC
Slight Overbomber

TBH looking back on anybodys life you could probably find a load of unsavoury jokes, comments etc.
Not saying that its not important but there should also be a certain context in the whole narrative.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Phil wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 12:26I just did a quick check and Ramirez from Highlander was actually Egyptian :lol: God bless you Sean Connery, you were aware of the rules but chose to ignore them.
Well, true, but it would have been a bit unintelligible to Connor MacLeod (even more unintelligible to a man who probably only spoke Scots Gaelic) - since Ramirez comes from ancient Egypt, how would he have explained immortality? "Hippo bird snake, urinating dog, bird bird pyramid, Bangle impersonator, sphinx bullrush ankh"?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

And while Mr. Connery's views on hitting women were deplorable, I think we can all agree that it was equally wrong for Dr. No's henchman to point a gun at Mr. Flufflesworth.

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody