GW7 - Deadline Saturday 2nd August 11 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening! Here we are in Autumn. Bit chilly here in the regions. I'd consider setting fire to the Shed again, but we may need it in January.
Shenanigans starting in the Saturday lunchtime slot with no Monday fixture this GW. Just as well, the last Monday game caused conniptions for @Pista and we don't want that again.
PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR TEAMS - THERE HAS BEEN A BIG PROB AT FPL AND SOME HAVE BEEN AFFECTED.

Let's see...

Saturday 2 October 2021

Man Utd 12:30 Everton This should be a win for Utd, who seem to be settling into a stride. Maguire injured. Ronaldo is luckily electric rather than petrol or diesel.
UK - BT Sport
Burnley 15:00 Norwich I'm behind the sofa. It's hurting.
Chelsea 15:00 Southampton A Champions contender against a solid team - they lost in Europe again and the Saints doing ok right now.
Leeds 15:00 Watford Probably a good idea for Leeds to put their foot on the accelerator for a bit.
Wolves 15:00 Newcastle Actually... This might be the most entertaining.
Brighton 17:30 Arsenal Arsenal are flying right now, but they haven't gained too much speed and altitude. There may be a draw.
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 3 October 2021

Crystal Palace 14:00 Leicester Seeing as Vardy scored at both ends last week and Palace were winning for 98.99% of the last game, Anything Could Happen
UK - Sky Sports
Spurs 14:00 Aston Villa Behind sofa again.
West Ham 14:00 Brentford Go Brentford! I don't have anything against West Ham, but...
Liverpool 16:30 Man City I'll be firmly ON the sofa and under the cat for this one. It will then be a damp squib, naturally.
UK - Sky Sports

I'm about to have a look at Spurs in 'Europe' so will be a bit discouraged after that. I'm putting the heating on too, I have three layers on but my hands are like ice.
Forza Football! Forza Heating! Forza as best you can to get fuel!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Checked my team, was very disappointed to see no-one had tinkered with it. Another 20-odd pointer coming up this weekend most likely then. Maybe it's time to stop having 3 people from one team in the side, although that sounds a bit too much like rocket science for my liking. :innocent:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

Last weekend's scores were pretty low across the board.
From what I can tell, no Teams From The Blackstuff squads have been affected by the FPL "hack".
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

lol
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Nice one the Ev :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Arsenal looking really tired having watched all the midweek european games on TV
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I dunno about you lot but it seems like a lifetime ago that we had any PL, never mind any F. Have not a clue or memory of what happened, but will try and refresh my memory as we go.

Man Utd 1-1 Everton Martial springs out of the traps, Pickford saves a lot and some other things happened.
Burnley 0-0 Norwich A POINT! I am worried about Cantwell's absence. Krul is blumming good, you know.
Chelsea 3-1 Southampton Blimey, Werner got one. I'm always surprised by Ward-Prowse, he never looks like I think he does.
Leeds 1-0 Watford Llorente took all the plaudits today. That was it for Munoz.
Wolves 2-1 Newcastle Hwang is my new Kane! REally, really good to see Jiminez back on form.
Brighton 0-0 Arsenal Slept through this one.

Sunday 3 October 2021

Crystal Palace 2-2 Leicester All very exciting! 4 goals, one assist between them. Palace fight back in a lively one.
Spurs 2-1 Own goal on Targett. Thank you! 6 saves for Martinez.
West Ham 1-2 Brentford Late goal sting sinks the Hammers. Ah well.
Liverpool 2-2 Man City City fought back, but Salah won it and all the prizes.

The tables:

IGM won the week but we're still second.

The Yellow Jersey is being worn by the brilliantly named Benteke Fried Chicken

Whilst the Big Shout Out went to The Clash Athletic with 61.

Over on the H2H, it's much the same story for IGM - second, but catching up.

The Benteke man has got the Crown on too, which is clashing a bit with the Jersey. Only one shade of a colour at a time, lad.

So, off we trot to GW8 fairly happily. Ranieri is back in the Premiership, Bruce is still in it. But for how much longer? I am pleased for Toon fans that Ashley's gone, but not about the replacement. The people who own your passion own a part of your soul.

Off to the Shed with you all!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more