GW21 - Deadline Saturday 1 Jan 11.00 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Here we go again - New Year, new GW, completely same covid havoc and three teams have double GWs. It's wrapped round the FA Cup interval too. Here we go...

Saturday 1 January 2022
Arsenal 12:30 Man City Arteta with covid, City with scoring boots on. It's all very well improving, but have they come that far?
UK - BT Sport
Watford 15:00 Spurs Rumours are that Spurs are looking at some Serie A players. Does that still work?
Crystal Palace 17:30 West Ham Round one for the Hammers. Palace on a small roll?
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 2 January 2022
Brentford 14:00 Aston Villa Brentford aren't doing great, will Villa help them out?
UK - Sky Sports
Everton 14:00 Brighton Hmm. Tricky either way.
Leeds 14:00 Burnley If nothing else, Leeds should be well rested
Chelsea 16:30 Liverpool Somewhat of a class, but surely Liverpool can't cock up again...
UK - Sky Sports

Monday 3 January 2022
Man Utd 17:30 Wolves United, of course, can cock up without any help from anyone alse, and throw good toddler strops. Some of them.
UK - Sky Sports

Tuesday 11 January 2022
Southampton 19:45 Brentford Might well be a very interesting game. On a Tuesday.
Everton 20:00 Leicester
Blues with the blues play the other blue Blues.
UK - Sky Sports

Wednesday 12 January 2022
West Ham 19:45 Norwich Clearly Norwich will be well rested, isolated players back, and we'll have got through to the FA Cup 4th round.

Leicester v Norwich and Newcastle v Southampton both postponed.

Have a look at your teams, kids, it's not too late. Plenty of time for more fixtures to fall over.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

I think we need a roulette wheel prize for these precarious game weeks.
Anyone's guess who'll get games even if the teams play
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh heck, better actually do my team
Pista
Cureboi

A replay of the Kovacic goal
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

a fabulous match between Liverpool and Chelsea which sadly sees the blue mancs as runaway favourites.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

It was very entertaining
Pista
Cureboi

Blimey. Untidy are starting this guy today :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

He got the most bonus points for a MU player
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Everton v Leicester on Tuesday now postponed
Pista
Cureboi

Bowen you beauty! :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening. That GW went on a while! Let's see:

Arsenal 1-1 Man City Scoring boots managed to score one more than Arsenal, though Gabriel helped by getting sent off early.
Watford 0-1 Spurs Spurs won one, for a change, but Son now injured for a while.
Crystal Palace 2-3 West Ham Was not bad, actually, but then West Ham are looking very very good right now.
Brentford 2-1 Aston Villa Villa did help out. Could really have gone either way.
Everton 2-3 Brighton Everton and Benitez in trouble - Calvert-Lewin's penalty miss will be really important, I suspect
Leeds 3-1 Burnley Leeds very well rested indeed, taking all the league and bonus points. They'll be pleased.
Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool Honours even, some great goals, probably both glad to get that one out of the way if not totally content.
Man Utd 0-1 Wolves Not in the Manchester script, and D Gea had to make 5 saves to Sá's 2.
Southampton 4-1 Brentford Not a great night for Brentford, having won in the first half of their GW. It was the own goal wot done it.
Everton 20:00 Leicester Postponed
West Ham 2-0 Norwich Krul's saves couldn't help, as Bowen destroyed the Canaries as I was also watching Spurs be useless in the Cup.

A bit of FA/Carabao Cup stuff going on in and around that. They'll be glad of a rest but games in hand mounting up. The FPL results:

In the Classic, IGM bucked up a bit but are still second

The Yellow Jersey is still on Dead Men Walking. Chuck some Fabreze on it, mate, would you?

The Big Shout Out is awarded to Benteke Fried Chicken with 87 points :notworthy:

Over on the H2H, IGM won the week but are still second

And the Crown's gold is still clashing horribly with the Yellow of the Jersey. We'll have to soak them both off him at teh end of the season.

The new GW is already under way and it's quite exciting!

Please spare a thought for Aubameyang out on AFCON duties - he was withdrawn from the game yesterday after post-covid heart lesions were found. A nasty thing.

Onwards!