2022-07-02. Hills Of Rock Fest, Sofia BG

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Being645
Above the Chemist

vicus wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 00:02Summer 💛
Yes ... ;D ... and Crash And Burn ... ;D ...

* Many thanks for the setlist and stuff, FireInReptileHouse and iesus ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Btw, I've never seen so many live stream links for a Sisters gig on YT before (17 or so) ... terrible ... :lol: ...

Anyway, all in all it looks like quite a good gig in a wonderful and relaxed enviroment ... ;D ...
FMAMMY
Road Kill

More and Eyes of Caligula:

TOL and TC
Being645
Above the Chemist

Cool ... :D :D :D ... thank you (and the original uploader) for the videos, really good sound and atmosphere ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

all integrated here ... :D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Magnificent, cheers for those links FMAMMY, Eyes Of Caligula gets better every listen :notworthy: digging the Crystal Palace 93 'zoomed-in and shaky' vibes of those vids ;D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Caligula is magnificent, should be released, at least in the north
love is just a shot away
ruffers
Overbomber

I don't think I've ever seen them at a festival.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
sisterspinster
Road Kill

The show was good, the shameful behaviour yesterday of Andrew Eldritch on the plane back to London was not. I was excited to see him got on the same flight as me but not for long. He was removed from the plane on landing, partly for causing trouble, and partly I guess for his own safety, after he drunkenly abused and threatened a female passenger and insulted a group of men much bigger than him. Embarrassing and I wont see them anymore
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sisterspinster wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 11:48 The show was good, the shameful behaviour yesterday of Andrew Eldritch on the plane back to London was not. I was excited to see him got on the same flight as me but not for long. He was removed from the plane on landing, partly for causing trouble, and partly I guess for his own safety, after he drunkenly abused and threatened a female passenger and insulted a group of men much bigger than him. Embarrassing and I wont see them anymore
Really?? Oh f**king hell Andrew. That really is shameful.
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eh, if that's true, it's pretty sad. He's a bit long in the tooth to be getting met by police off a short flight from Europe.

But does Andrew live in the UK anymore? Why would he be flying to London? One random poster on the internet does not necessarily mean it's true. No offence Sisterspinster, but are you sure it was him?
sisterspinster
Road Kill

Todashi wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 12:39 Eh, if that's true, it's pretty sad. He's a bit long in the tooth to be getting met by police off a short flight from Europe.

But does Andrew live in the UK anymore? Why would he be flying to London? One random poster on the internet does not necessarily mean it's true. No offence Sisterspinster, but are you sure it was him?
Yes. It was him. And Ben Christo and Ravey Davey were on the same flight
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

and because of that you won't see them anymore? if it happened, obviously not nice but who are we to judge? based on this I should just forget about all my favorite bands...like literally every single one of them.
FireInReptileHouse

Todashi wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 12:39 Eh, if that's true, it's pretty sad. He's a bit long in the tooth to be getting met by police off a short flight from Europe.

True, can't go all out yet. Also true wtf is he going to London for?
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
eotunun
Overbomber

sisterspinster wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 11:48 The show was good, the shameful behaviour yesterday of Andrew Eldritch on the plane back to London was not. I was excited to see him got on the same flight as me but not for long. He was removed from the plane on landing, partly for causing trouble, and partly I guess for his own safety, after he drunkenly abused and threatened a female passenger and insulted a group of men much bigger than him. Embarrassing and I wont see them anymore
You may not be aware just where you are, but you ought to be aware that such falsehoods as what you write here are right under the eyes of the band and the man himself.
You better think twice before you act up like that on Heartland. Somebody from 2000 Hamburg 4 might get very angry at you. You don´t want that. Believe me.
There is shadow under this red rock
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 14:01
You may not be aware just where you are, but you ought to be aware that such falsehoods as what you write here are right under the eyes of the band and the man himself.
You better think twice before you act up like that on Heartland. Somebody from 2000 Hamburg 4 might get very angry at you. You don´t want that. Believe me.
How do you know it‘s false?
I‘m pretty sad if it‘s true as well… But he wouldn’t be the first to make a nuisance of himself when drunk. :urff:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Icon wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 14:20
eotunun wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 14:01
How do you know it‘s false?
I‘m pretty sad if it‘s true as well… But he wouldn’t be the first to make a nuisance of himself when drunk. :urff:
Or the last..
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh hell, what a fuss. Provocation falling on alcohol, arguments rise, flight crew irritated and so it goes... *sigh... bad trap.

For sure no reason not to see them again.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Outrageous behaviour! Fancy insulting a group of men much bigger than yourself. I'm done with The Sisters, it's Motorhead and Metallica only for me from now on.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Todashi

Given the choice, obviously I'd prefer if Von wasn't an asshole, but let's face it, this isn't the first time he's been described as 'difficult'. If this is true - and again no offence, but it's just one person's account - then it's more embarrassing for him than anything else. He's an old geezer now. Drinking too much on an airplane and being a dick is kids stuff.

Again, it might be true, it might not be. Either way though, is it really that big a deal? I do require some basics in terms of behaviour from my favourite bands - I'd have difficulty listening to Gary Glitter or Michael Jackson for example now, knowing what we all now know - but being a dick with too much booze on board isn't really a reason to never go see someone again (as long as they aren't being dicks to you personally.)

If this is true, I'm more surprised than horrified. Mainly because he's not a kid anymore, and the others in the band seem genuinely nice when I've met them. It'd be a bit weird for people to spend 10 or 15 years working with someone who was a complete c**t. So if this did happen, it's more than likely it's a one-off, or a rare occurrence where he let himself down. But then, we don't know what's going on in his life.

(For all we know, someone close to him died, or he got bad news, or something awful happened and he went on a bender. As someone else said, he won't be the first or the last. And we don't know.)
Todashi

Oh, and @sisterspinster, if you're wondering why people aren't immediately taking your word at this, there's a reason people like Von go out of their way to be discreet about where they live and their personal information. There are some odd people out there and more than a few 'larger than life' rock personalities have had unwell people latch on to them, create stories or even turn up on their doorstep. Not saying that's you, but one person's word on a band forum just isn't enough to establish truth.

(I once watched a frankly creepy video uploaded to YouTube of a group of Italian cure fans who tracked down where Robert Smith lived and arrived at his house with a camcorder sometime in the 1990s. He was incredibly kind to them, but you could see he was really freaked out. He drove them back to the station in his jeep, all the time politely and nicely asking 'so, how did you find out where I live?' My skin was crawling watching it. And that was just the ones who videoed their stalking and uploaded it to the internet. Can you imagine what else has happened that wasn't documented like that?)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ gave up seeing the Sisters because she witnessed Von being a dick and she was in the 100 club even back then.

So whatever floats your boat @sisterspinster
Goths have feelings too
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

whatever happend, it doesn't sound promising. unfortunately your reaction is understandable.
love is just a shot away
Gothicbiff

Well Ben has just posted on FB, thanking everyone for making the festival memorable.
And he also posted a FB story video of him having a laugh at Gatwick ( presumably filmed by Davey).
So whatever did, or didn't, happen on the flight doesn't seem to have upset them or dampened their spirits
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Oh, well.
Waiting for their new gig.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Bit late in the day to go all Liam Gallagher for a S*n front page :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Throwing outright accusations of lying at @sisterspinster is out of order. I see no reason to disbelieve them. We're better than that.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell