record stores in london

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

I'll be travelling to London on the 17th of October, and I'm wondering where to go for records. Any shops that have a lot of goth music? Camden Town?

:?:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Camden for sure, and I think the full market is there Saturday and Sunday only.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
pikkrong
Overbomber

EricSweden wrote:I'll be travelling to London on the 17th of October, and I'm wondering where to go for records. Any shops that have a lot of goth music? Camden Town?

I'd like to ask the same about Stockholm :wink:
Sorry, ignore this post now (I willl go there in the end of November)
and continue helping Eric.
do i drive
or am i driven
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

pikkrong wrote:
EricSweden wrote:I'll be travelling to London on the 17th of October, and I'm wondering where to go for records. Any shops that have a lot of goth music? Camden Town?

If you should find yourself in Norway, I have a great record shop for you, if you should swing by :wink: Dont know any in Stockholm though, sorry..
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:
pikkrong wrote:

If you should find yourself in Norway, I have a great record shop for you, if you should swing by :wink: Dont know any in Stockholm though, sorry..
There's always the possibility that organizers of the Stockholm poetry festival give me tickets to a wrong airplain ;D
But now - ladies and gentlemen - let's return to LONDON :von:
do i drive
or am i driven
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Good goth records to be found in Resurection Records in the basement of some dodgy clothing shop on Camden High St. Haven't been there for about 4 years, so don't even know if it is still there.

Also try the Music and Video Exchange in Notting Hill area.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

CellThree wrote:Good goth records to be found in Resurection Records in the basement of some dodgy clothing shop on Camden High St. Haven't been there for about 4 years, so don't even know if it is still there.

Also try the Music and Video Exchange in Notting Hill area.
would also recommend these two stores, and Resurection records is still there. Berwick Street just off Oxford Street also has quite a large number of record shops, Sister Ray is down there and is good.
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, you've got Selectadisc down there. i got the Anaconda and Alice 7" there for 50p each about 5 years back.

If you happen to wander around the country, Leicester has some fantastic 2nd hand record shops and there are some good shops in Loughborough as well.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
pikkrong
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:Yeah, you've got Selectadisc down there. i got the Anaconda and Alice 7" there for 50p each about 5 years back.

If you happen to wander around the country, Leicester has some fantastic 2nd hand record shops and there are some good shops in Loughborough as well.
Damn! Why didn't I know anything about it when I lived 2 weeks in Leicester in '97? :urff:
But I hope to come back one day :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong: how long are u gonna be here for? where u staying? u coming alone? yeah ive heard of reseruction records. i'll have to go there and check it out.
pikkrong
Overbomber

EricSweden wrote:pikkrong: how long are u gonna be here for? where u staying? u coming alone?
@EricSweden - there's Stockholm Poetry Festival or something on the 1st of December. I think I'll arrive on Saturday, 29th of November (at least that person who called me asked me to do that) and leave Stockholm on the 2nd of December... But I'm not sure yet. As far as I know I will be the only one from Estonia. Any cunning plans? :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong: where will you be staying?
i could show you some record stores if you want. we could also go to one of rock clubs here.
pikkrong
Overbomber

EricSweden wrote:pikkrong: where will you be staying?
i could show you some record stores if you want. we could also go to one of rock clubs here.

thanks, that sounds great 8) :notworthy:
still don't know anything more. maybe on friday i will...
do i drive
or am i driven
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

u coming here with ur girlfriend/wife, francois?
pikkrong
Overbomber

EricSweden wrote:u coming here with ur girlfriend/wife, francois?
unfortunately not. bloody alone :evil:
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

and, by the way, did you miss my wedding? :)
some peeps here were very bored of this topic ;D
do i drive
or am i driven
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK, i know this has nothing to do with anything on topic but, why do you say "lester" instead of Lei-cess-ter, i always wondered about that...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

same reason we say Wouster instead of Worcester
24.24.2.489 Deceased
pikkrong
Overbomber

ERIC, I knew today the organizers of the Stockholm event mixed anything up and in fact I will be there on the 17th of November (not on the 1st of December).
do i drive
or am i driven
mugabe

zigeunerweisen wrote:OK, i know this has nothing to do with anything on topic but, why do you say "lester" instead of Lei-cess-ter, i always wondered about that...
It's a contraction. Compare it to the pronunciation of "Wednesday", for instance.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
rian
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:ERIC, I knew today the organizers of the Stockholm event mixed anything up and in fact I will be there on the 17th of November (not on the 1st of December).
November 17? Cool. Drop me a PM and I might be able to meet you too. If I'm not in Leeds as planned.
I think someone set my soul alight
pikkrong
Overbomber

rian wrote:
pikkrong wrote:ERIC, I knew today the organizers of the Stockholm event mixed anything up and in fact I will be there on the 17th of November (not on the 1st of December).
November 17? Cool. Drop me a PM and I might be able to meet you too. If I'm not in Leeds as planned.
Sehr Schön :notworthy:
I hope I have some spare time during those days :wink:
By the way, guys, I didn't mean so much record shops offering gothic music, rather any market, second hand shop or something where I could find any Sisters item :roll:
do i drive
or am i driven
mugabe

pikkrong wrote:By the way, guys, I didn't mean so much record shops offering gothic music, rather any market, second hand shop or something where I could find any Sisters item :roll:
Are you looking for CD bootlegs or vinyl records?
pikkrong
Overbomber

mugabe wrote:
pikkrong wrote:By the way, guys, I didn't mean so much record shops offering gothic music, rather any market, second hand shop or something where I could find any Sisters item :roll:
Are you looking for CD bootlegs or vinyl records?
CD bootlegs are on the first place.
Yes, it may sound weird but I have only one Sister vinyl (between the "Life" book, thanks to... you know who you are :notworthy: ).
I havn't started with them (yet?).
do i drive
or am i driven
mugabe

pikkrong wrote:
mugabe wrote: Are you looking for CD bootlegs or vinyl records?
CD bootlegs are on the first place.
Yes, it may sound weird but I have only one Sister vinyl (between the "Life" book, thanks to... you know who you are :notworthy: ).
I havn't started with them (yet?).
Best bets might be Frizzle Records and Mellotronen, conveniently located nextdoors to each other in the old town. Underground station "Gamla Stan". Frizzle usually stocks TSOM boots, Mellotronen might have from time to time. Then around the corner from Mellotronen there is Sound Pollution, mostly metal, but with a decent goth assortment as well. No boots there, however, and probably no Sisters.