Hello! And desperately seeking....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
dawnrazer
Road Kill

Hello folks. Bit new here obviously. Fascinating place you have here. Just got the book 'Waiting for another War' and am totally fixated again. Will admit my usual poison has always been the Nephilim (don't all shout at me) but as a long time fan of most things goth (can we say that here?) SOM have always been around my life. Cutting to the chase, I'm a massive vinyl freak and you guessed it, the only thing missing from my SOM collection is a copy of DD. What does it usually go for these days? I remember it being a £300 record quite some time ago, but wondered what to expect these days, should I be able to find one? It's not a £1k record yet is it? Anyway, perhaps I should have put this bit in the other section of this place so apologies for that. Again, what a great place this is!

:hl:
In the name of Jesus Christ, won't you fear my name
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Welcome to HL!
There may be people here willing to part with it, but there's always ebay (if you're careful) and discogs.
Every time I see DD sell, its getting closer to 1000, I think having hit 850 semi-recently
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @dawnrazer & welcome to :hl:
There's a thread in the trading board that keeps an eye on whenever DD appears for sale.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Hi there and welcome ... :D ... 850? Well, then the prices have fallen remarkably. Some time ago they regularly went for more than 1,000, IIRC ...
dawnrazer
Road Kill

Thanks folks. Good to know! I shall go and have a look for the thread you mentioned regarding DD and then post in the appropriate place. I didn't just want to jump in on the trades bit for fear of folk not thinking me genuine etc. Even so, £1k is a heck of a lot for one record. I used to collect the Red cover of Burning the Fields ep for trades. Had 5 at one point! Wonder if anyone does that with DD!? Right, thanks again - off to go look for that thread :) 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's the persistent rumour that Eldritch himself has a big stack of copies and flogs one on whenever he needs the dough :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

dawnrazer wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 12:06 Thanks folks. Good to know! I shall go and have a look for the thread you mentioned regarding DD and then post in the appropriate place. I didn't just want to jump in on the trades bit for fear of folk not thinking me genuine etc. Even so, £1k is a heck of a lot for one record. I used to collect the Red cover of Burning the Fields ep for trades. Had 5 at one point! Wonder if anyone does that with DD!? Right, thanks again - off to go look for that thread :) 8)
I have three and no

I also have various burning the fields.

Best route to DD is luck. Never Ebay.
Goths have feelings too
dawnrazer
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 16:31 There's the persistent rumour that Eldritch himself has a big stack of copies and flogs one on whenever he needs the dough :lol:
A certain Mr Rat Scabies was rumoured to have a box full of Damned Damned Damned Lps with the Hotrods cover on the back jammed under his bed. Apparently! :roll: :D
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hello and welcome to HL. I'm a massive Nephs fan as well. There are a lot of us on here :)
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Welcome and we can use the G-word
dawnrazer
Road Kill

SmileySister wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 20:29 Hello and welcome to HL. I'm a massive Nephs fan as well. There are a lot of us on here :)
This is good news! Never used to be a good idea talking Nephs around a load of Sisters fans back in the day. Well, not round our neck of the woods. Would always end up covered in snakebite and black! :D :D