GW27 - Deadline Saturday 11th March 11.00

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening. Well, whatever happens this week, we won't be watching it on MotD - No Lineker, Wright, Shearer, Richards or Scott. Fixtures - Wednesday's games make it DGW for those four teams.

Saturday 11 March 2023

Bournemouth 12:30 Liverpool The Reds back in business and firing fast. Wooo!
UK - BT Sport
Everton 15:00 Brentford Ist game for Brentford, who should manage this. Toney trying to score hundreds before he gets banned
Leeds 15:00 Brighton ZZZZZZZ
Leicester 15:00 Chelsea Both will probably mess up
Spurs 15:00 Nott'm Forest Yeah, Spurs will be Spurs, and new manager negotiations are probably on already
Crystal Palace 17:30 Man City Palace possibly thinking they'll concentrate on Weds? Though City are not invincible
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 12 March 2023

Fulham 14:00 Arsenal South v North so plenty of goals. Or else.
UK - Sky Sports
Man Utd 14:00 Southampton Utd might want to cool those red cheeks a bit
West Ham 14:00 Aston Villa Rice v Buendia?
Newcastle 16:30 Wolves I suspect the Toon may win
UK - Sky Sports

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Brighton 19:30 Crystal Palace Round two. Any guesses?
Southampton 19:30 Brentford Toney off again

Onwards and upwards, with one eye on the Beeb
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Played my wildcard this week in the hope that Liverpool had finally got back in the groove after last week's evisceration of Untidy.
Currently not terribly impressed.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 22:00
....with one eye on the Beeb
No-one is talking to them. All the players & managers are talking to sky sports instead.
All their pundits, experts & commentators have downed tools. Even their live text people aren't named on the top of the page like they normally are.
Phil McNulty's twitter feed is really weird right now.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 19:25 Phil McNulty's twitter feed is really weird right now.
It'll be a better read if it's empty, the guy seems to have wilfully and without a shred of irony derived his 'writing-style' from Viz's Tony Parsehole.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That Gary Lineker eh? I don't think any of us had "Former England star brings down the government" on our bingo cards for '23!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 10:36 That Gary Lineker eh? I don't think any of us had "Former England star brings down the government" on our bingo cards for '23!
For sure, I had him down as a nailed-on establishment foot-soldier. It got blown out of proportion too quick though, and immeditely started to look more like a handy non-news distraction whilst the government's head was busy representing his actual investors by arming everyone to the teeth with nuclear submarines. Mild hyperbole and etc may be present in the above statement :innocent: but you get the gist.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Quick update time! IGM WON A GW!!!

Here are the tables:

Dead Men Walking still in the Yellow Jersey. We probably need to steal it.

The Big Shout Out rings the ears of DynaMo Salah with 113!

Over on the H2H, IGM win AGAIN to do the double!

with IGM's Defoe Ate My Toe in the Crown

Steve has GW28 over on TCC, which is also some nice reading ;D
I don't wanna live like I don't mind