Happy early Halloween!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

What is your favorite Halloween-esque song?

Mine is JB Witchdance by the Masters of Reality on Sunrise of the Sufferbus Album

Note this is not the naked female video; so its family approved.
This place is death with walls

Some kind of innocence is measured out in years
You don't know what it's like to listen to your fears
Pista
Cureboi

At the moment I'd go with Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde.
But if you want ultra spooky, then In The House, In A Heartbeat by John Murphy is fcuking terrifying.
I have a friend who's doing an 80's Spooktacula on Tuesday which will be two hours of obscure alternative Halloween tinged songs. Starts at 10am Pacific if you fancy tuning in. 🦇
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Isn't every day Hallowe'en round here?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

first one that jumped into my head was the song of the same name by Dead Kennedys.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 21:23 At the moment I'd go with Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde.
But if you want ultra spooky, then In The House, In A Heartbeat by John Murphy is fcuking terrifying.
I have a friend who's doing an 80's Spooktacula on Tuesday which will be two hours of obscure alternative Halloween tinged songs. Starts at 10am Pacific if you fancy tuning in. 🦇
Concrete Blonde. Wow. I totally forgot about them. Your friends show sounds good. I think 12MST.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You just creeps me out.

violet hour
Road Kill

'Esque': Shriekback - Nemesis, The Pogues - Turkish Song of the Damned, Waking the Witch - Kate Bush, Kip Tyler - She's My Witch, LA Witch - Haunting
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Hello Ian!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Silver_Owl
The Don

John Carpenter - Halloween Theme on repeat for 24 hours.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 21:23 At the moment I'd go with Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde.
So I took a listen of Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde. I heard Vampyres and it had a good groove. Then I realized, oh they did God Is a Bullet. So I listened to that. Then I went back to Bloodletting and said I know Joey. I played it. It's like watching a good horror movie before bed. Just don't. All I can hear anymore is "Joey I'm not angry anymore." And it brings back the feelings i had of that song. Not positive.

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. :D

Esoterica
Road Kill

The “Halloween” theme (1978) has the same persistence that the “Jaws” one (1975) does. You hear it, and you know exactly what it means, no explanation needed. John Carpenter said that there wasn’t much of a budget for a soundtrack. In this case, that was a very good thing.