1992 How Was It For You? - Interview With Andrew Eldritch

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Amongst all other big stars in rock at the time Andrew Eldritch talks and looks back at the year of events 1992 in this short interview with the NME in their annual Christmas double issue(19/26 December 1992):

ANDREW ELDRITCH - THE SISTERS OF MERCY

Highs:High points include the non-election of Bush/Quayle(we must be thankful for small mercies)and the fact that there's still a hope of building the European House.

Lows:The British Conservative Party(as usual),Serbia and Balkanisation everywhere,the coyness of the German goverment apparatus towards playschool neo-nazis,the appaling performance of FC St Pauli,and structural repairs on Eldritch Boulevard.

Musical Event Of The Year:Music's not supposed to be about "events",but to placate you fashion victims,I would have to say that I was inordinately impressed to find Sisters song-titles embedded in my favourite computer game.

Catchphrase/Saying Of The Year:"What fabulous lives you must lead,to come up with a question like that."

Best New Band:Tori Amos,although she's not a band.

Best Old Band:The Sisters Of Mercy,obviously(Obviously-Ed)
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

favourite computer game- which ones that?
mugabe

ryan_w_0000 wrote:favourite computer game- which ones that?
Lemmings, if memory serves me right. There was a level called "Temple of Love" in it, and maybe also a "This Corrosion".
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mugabe wrote:
ryan_w_0000 wrote:favourite computer game- which ones that?
Lemmings, if memory serves me right. There was a level called "Temple of Love" in it, and maybe also a "This Corrosion".
Hello, :)

Mugabe's right, definatly Temple of Love and definatly This Corrosion.

Great game :)

Cheers
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
jenzi-benzi

Von's playing computer-games????
that's funny, i think 8)
ryan

so are these levels just coincedence??

or is some computer geek slowly and slowly turning lemmings into the 'sisters of mercy game'

:|
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

It was only two level on the expansion pack (as far as I can remember. A VERY long time since I last played the game!)
24.24.2.489 Deceased
dead stars

Nancy_78 wrote:Highs:High points include the non-election of Bush/Quayle(we must be thankful for small mercies)and the fact that there's still a hope of building the European House.
Wooooh! How does that sound in the rust of time!
THIS CORROSION INDEED!

Bush not re-elected, the building of the European House... It was only 11 years ago and the future looked pretty bright.
Sweet dreams are made of this...

Catchphrase/Saying Of The Year:"What fabulous lives you must lead,to come up with a question like that."
Anyone knows who actually said that?
This one is going to my weblog:
http://bookofwisdom.blogspot.com/
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

jenzi-benzi wrote:Von's playing computer-games????
that's funny, i think 8)
Yep!He's really playing computer games.I do know it sounds a bit funny but a few years back(in 2001 I think it was) NME asked him in their weekly On The Couch column what his most treasured possession was and he answered:"Whichever computer I'm in front of."Now you see! :wink:
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
The Green Lantern

dead inside wrote:
I believe that was Andrews answer to the question, i.e a quote from the man himself.
dead stars

The Green Lantern wrote:
dead inside wrote:
I believe that was Andrews answer to the question, i.e a quote from the man himself.
Ah!
khepri II

@ DI

put the question into google as a search

What fabulous lives you must lead,to come up with a question like that."

the answer is spooky :eek:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.