Damage Done 7 - ROFL

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
surexform
Road Kill

Hi, Saw this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... tegory=306

Now with reference to our earlier post on the other copy of DD. (see previous)

ROFL the previous copy had no pictures and so now we have this stunning example of photographic talent. FFS!

As we were seriously led to doubt the authenticity of the previous copy we now have this SH**E attempt to mask a fake with dody camera work.

OHHHHH LOOK I PUT THE RECORD OVER THE SLEEVE.... HMM!

WOOOPS BAD FOCUS ON THE ROGI TEXT....HMM!

Funny how it all comes out of the wood work at once.

HELL AM I JUST CYNICAL?

Rgs

Sure
The inmates are running the asylum
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Is that thing really worth $400 euros? Jesus christ for that kind of money I'd get a plane ticket and go to see Von in person!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

£279.18 for a fake 7" single from a seller with 3 feedback ratings?

f**k off.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
surexform
Road Kill

Now thats the sentiment I'm looking for :)
Y
Fraud Squad

Yeah, great scans.... :P

Actually this one is giving us a bit more info than the other one... Even if we don't see the cross on the church, we can still determine it's an original or not. Fortunately, the seller posted a pic of the back of sleeve.

The original DD will have a large opening that will start from the beginning of 'Damage' and ends at the beginning of 'Watch'.

The fake DD will have a much smaller opening, beginning in the middle of 'Damage' and ends before 'Watch'

But in any case, I think this is overpriced....

Maybe I should send pictures of both original and fake sleeves and records to MyHeartland, so everyone knows! You guys are interested?

Y
Petseri
Overbomber

Y wrote:
Maybe I should send pictures of both original and fake sleeves and records to MyHeartland, so everyone knows! You guys are interested?

Y
Mixed blessing. On one hand, it would be cool to see definitively what it looks like. On the other, someone could just take those scans and use them as his or her own in an online auction. After all, someone tried to make money on ebay by using stuff downloasded from the old ftp. :x Maybe if we put a watermark on the scans so that they can not be used.

I am glad that people here are keeping an eye our for such scams.

Martin
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Black Planet wrote:Is that thing really worth $400 euros? Jesus christ for that kind of money I'd get a plane ticket and go to see Von in person!
I agree to that sentiment with the asking price it's at now Planet. :roll:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yeah I saw this too and thought it quite ridiculous.. :eek:
I remember copies being around in '87 and getting pricey but not this mad...however a few weeks back a poster went for an insane sum of £200 plus :roll:
I agree that price & no piccie.....
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
pikkrong
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
Y wrote:

Y
Mixed blessing. On one hand, it would be cool to see definitively what it looks like. On the other, someone could just take those scans and use them as his or her own in an online auction. After all, someone tried to make money on ebay by using stuff downloasded from the old ftp. :x Maybe if we put a watermark on the scans so that they can not be used.

Martin
if the photo will be uploaded to our gallery, only those who are logged in (i. e. only Heartlanders) could see it.
do i drive
or am i driven
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

theres a top notch scan of the DD 7" back cover in the front of that black sisters "scrapbook"...

i'm looking at it now (thanks khepri!), and going by Y's description above it would appear to be a picture of a genuine one.

only of the back though - there isnt a front one.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Petseri wrote:
Y wrote:

Y

Martin
@ y: email me a couple of jpgs and i'll "watermark" them as "myheartland fake" & "myheartland genuine" and upload them to the gallery if you want - for members only to see :)
Petseri
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
Petseri wrote:
Y wrote:

Y

Martin
if the photo will be uploaded to our gallery, only those who are logged in (i. e. only Heartlanders) could see it.
That would not stop someone from using it. As noted, the old ftp was a dominion secret which was abused.

Quiff Boy's adding the watermarks should do the trick, though. Any bets on how long before we see myheartland gracing the images at eBay? :D :roll:

Martin
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Petseri wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
Petseri wrote: Mixed blessing. On one hand, it would be cool to see definitively what it looks like. On the other, someone could just take those scans and use them as his or her own in an online auction. After all, someone tried to make money on ebay by using stuff downloasded from the old ftp. :x Maybe if we put a watermark on the scans so that they can not be used.

Martin
That would not stop someone from using it. As noted, the old ftp was a dominion secret which was abused.

Quiff Boy's adding the watermarks should do the trick, though. Any bets on how long before we see myheartland gracing the images at eBay? :D :roll:

Martin
daft f**ks would probably use the one with FAKE written all over it anyway! :roll:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Petseri wrote:
pikkrong wrote: if the photo will be uploaded to our gallery, only those who are logged in (i. e. only Heartlanders) could see it.

Martin
daft f**ks would probably use the one with FAKE written all over it anyway! :roll:
with a sophisticated explanation why there's the label :twisted:
do i drive
or am i driven
Petseri
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: daft f**ks would probably use the one with FAKE written all over it anyway! :roll:
Ah, yes, never underestimate the stupidity found on eBay. :!:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the DD sleeve scans can be found here:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/ca ... p?cat_id=8

cheers Y. :von:
surexform
Road Kill

Thanks for the pics guys!!

Seems I was a bit harsh. oops!

Even though its genuine I'm not sure it will sell. But like the man said never underestimate eBay.

rgs

Sure
Petseri
Overbomber

Thanks, QB. :D

Has it been determined from where the photo on the cover comes? It seems really odd to me that the image on the cover would be cropped, especially if there is a black border around the photo. It almost seems as if the bootleggers had a copy of the photo from somewhere, but not a copy of the record. If there are any experts on printing out there, feel free to tell us/me if copying the cover as is would have been more difficult than redoing a whole layout.

Martin
Y
Fraud Squad

Petseri wrote: Has it been determined from where the photo on the cover comes? It seems really odd to me that the image on the cover would be cropped, especially if there is a black border around the photo. It almost seems as if the bootleggers had a copy of the photo from somewhere, but not a copy of the record.
I've always thought that the bootleggers cropped the image on purpose, so only collectors/fans would know about it.

If they really wanted to make it look like a genuine record, the trail off message would have also been similar. What do you think?

The same kind of thing exsits for the Braineater labels... there are some slight differences between the genuine and fake. If you guys are interested in these scans let me know :-)

Y