Ever been a Goth?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Ever been a goth?

Yes, a big black scuttling gothmeister
28%
Well, a bit, but not as much as Quiffboy
42%
Eh?
9%
No, never, wouldn't either
20%

Total votes: 74
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I've been wondering again about the Heartland demographics. How many of you are now, or have ever considered yourselves to be, goths?

Myself, I've ticked the second option. I did used to die my hair, I had my nose pierced, painted the Vision Thing eye of Horus onto my leather jacket, and had (dammit, still have!) some fetching leather trousers. But, to be honest, my heart was never truly in it. No eyeliner, no snakebite, and no flipping great QB-style Mohican. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: What about you, lads and ladesses?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

No. Blue was always my colour.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I haven't. But, just as you Mr C, I do own a pair of nice leather pants, but that is more due to a Jim Morrison thing I had going in the late eighties.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i used to have the middle panel from this painted on the back of my leather ;)

http://www.emory.edu/ENGLISH/classes/Sh ... helia.html

8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Um, kind of, but at the time it didn't have a name..it was just something that annoyed the casuals.Can't help liking velvet & stuff but apart from one occasion when I donned a black wig for a laff I always tended to the blonde & sparkly end...until allergy struck & I could no longer use 60 vol peroxide directly on my scalp (ouch). So I'm now a compromise redhead.

M

M
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

No never. And I wear black all the time..it's the color of business suits don't you know.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Er, looking at the poll results, and comparing them to the views above, there may be some cowardly people behind the secret ballot...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
hallucienate
Overbomber

MrChris wrote:Er, looking at the poll results, and comparing them to the views above, there may be some cowardly people behind the secret ballot...
no krap
Silver_Owl
The Don

Well, I went for the second option. When we used to go to Goth night on a Thursday I never got as far as the eyeliner but did have spikey (non-dyed) hair a la Ian McCulloch and the black shirt and ridiculous shoes.

I'm considering regressing.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:i used to have the middle panel from this painted on the back of my leather ;)

8)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Quiff, you RULE. I LOVE that piece - I have a print of it lying around somewhere! ;D :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

SINsister wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i used to have the middle panel from this painted on the back of my leather ;)

8)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Quiff, you RULE. I LOVE that piece - I have a print of it lying around somewhere! ;D :von:
i'll try and find a photo of the jacket ;)
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I took the second choice, because although I've never subscribed to the lifestyle or whatever you want to call it, I have been known to dress the part on special occasions. :wink:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i can answer for sam donut: "Yes, a big black scuttling gothmeister"

:notworthy:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

More like a moth, when the Sisters were the brightest light in Leeds.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

MrChris wrote:Er, looking at the poll results, and comparing them to the views above, there may be some cowardly people behind the secret ballot...
Exactly. Chickens!!! :P :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I proudly and freely admit to being a sad old goff, though I must admit that I've NEVER, EVER looked as cool as the "past life" Quiffster... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Usually I wear slobgoth(tm) attire, consisting mainly of a variety of black jeans and t-shirts accessorized with various bits of silver jewelry and silly trinkets. If there's a show or something, though, I tend to go all-out with the PVC bits, big boots, and heavy makeup. W00tw00t!!! I'll be a !@#$% goth until I'm *80*, if I live that long... Ahahahaha!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :von:
Big Si
School Bully

Black Planet wrote:No never. And I wear black all the time..it's the color of business suits don't you know.
Indeed it is - http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=303

(The Big Man always means Business :wink: :twisted: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Well it's all black even as we speak, but it's more of a JAMC/Spacemen/etc type look.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well i'm with sin. again. tonight's dress up night. becuase i like it.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Big Si wrote:
Black Planet wrote:No never. And I wear black all the time..it's the color of business suits don't you know.
Indeed it is - http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=303

(The Big Man always means Business :wink: :twisted: )
You look great there. Basic black goes with everything! It's what I have on now. Black Velvet skirt, black t-shirt, black suit jacket, black stockings and black heels. Very nice with my red hair! :wink:
James Blast
Banned

More a Lemmy-a-like with a permanent moontan, leather strides, black t-shirt/white print and the aviator shades always in place after dark.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I used to love and wear torn black jeans. Not new ones though, old and naturally decomposing. I cringe when I see torn jeans that you can buy! Used to try and dye my hair black but it wouldn't take, so I had to settle for a really, really dark red. Those days are over for the hair but not out of choice. And it's black leather trousers these days 8) So it's number 2, I reckon.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Well, I wear black shirt, black leather trousers, black leather jacket and Sisters / Merciful Release old logo pendant every day. Am I goth? No, I'm not. By the way, some days ago in Stockholm Poetry Festival I was invited to a gay poets event because I "wear leather" :twisted: I refused, I'm not a gay, too, I just feel myself comfortable in black leather.
OK, some years I dyed my hair black and wore pointed boots (just because I loved their look). And maybe 2-3 times in my life my ex-girlfriend made some eyeliner-experiments on my face :)
But... I don't think I have ever been a goth. Maybe I have to choose the 3rd option? :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

No, not really,

Though i never wear anything other than black, 'cept my
England top on match days.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I chose option 2.. kinda did the goth thing when i was 16.. but never dyed my hair black.. it was blonde and long.. and those were the days of Hanson.. and i got bored, plus my favourite colour is blue, and black jeans are such a pain to keep black!

Mmm bop..