What is the rarest Sisters of Mercy item ?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Tin-Can-Man
Road Kill

OK. We've all seen things on E Bay but what is the rarest Sisters item available?
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

The next Album. Only one copy exists and we'd need to employ the methodology suggested by the original Sisters' logo to get at it...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I think still the first two singles. I haven't seen these for sale very much over the past few years.

All the rest of the stuff hasn't been that hard to track down (although I'm still trying to find a copy of the UK Lucretia 12". Got a German one and there are loads of UK 7" out there, but can't see a UK 12" one. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places).
24.24.2.489 Deceased
lachert
Overbomber

13.06.1981 live in Leeds and the other recordings around this one. :cry:
long live rock'n'roll
Dan
Overbomber

lachert wrote:13.06.1981 live in Leeds
Does a recording exist though?
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Andrew Eldritch. Can be glimpsed (through the smoke) about ten out of every 365 days. Your vinyl you can look at daily.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
lachert
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
lachert wrote:13.06.1981 live in Leeds
Does a recording exist though?
Rather joke. Probably don't exist, but it was in my 6 birthday :lol: Don't lost hope, maybe someday, someday...
long live rock'n'roll
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Boy wrote:Andrew Eldritch. Can be glimpsed (through the smoke) about ten out of every 365 days.
'Cept at the Blank Canvas in Leeds, whenever it was in April last year - the Saturday night.

Didn't see the f*cker the entire evening...was he even there??

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's an ageing g*th 'icon' who can't be arsed anymore...and would rather hide - even from the few people left who give a f*ck

*sigh*
Amused to death...
Y
Fraud Squad

I think the Damage Done acetate is the rarest... :D
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Probaby the Tape of The Sisterhood doing this corrosion.

Matt
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

allfear wrote:Probaby the Tape of The Sisterhood doing this corrosion.

Matt
which version :roll:
Goths have feelings too
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Walk Away + flexi - which isn't *that* rare, but still nice.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Lars Svensson wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:Andrew Eldritch. Can be glimpsed (through the smoke) about ten out of every 365 days.
'Cept at the Blank Canvas in Leeds, whenever it was in April last year - the Saturday night.

Didn't see the f*cker the entire evening...was he even there??
I was going to say :von:. After all there's only one of him ;D

And he was definitely there on the Saturday night. I saw him in the audience for the support band anyway! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Rarest I have is number 37 (or something) of the original 225 Saints and Martyrs, but I'm sure that's relatively common round here (although number 37 sure ain't cos there was only one of them). I have a soundboard cassette of Dublin '97 too, though, but that doesn't really count does it?

Oh, and I had a cassette of Aachen '85 once, but I lost that ages ago.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dan
Overbomber

mh wrote: Oh, and I had a cassette of Aachen '85 once, but I lost that ages ago.
Is that supposed to be rare then?

One rare item would be Screaming Abdabs demo tape with Eldritch on drums. Screaming Abdabs supported the Sisters at Leeds Brannigans on 2.10.81 and the keyboard player told me they recorded a demo tape with Eldritch on drums. Sadly he no longer has a copy of the tape and has lost touch with the other members of the band long ago, but a copy of the tape might exist somewhere.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Blimey! I wonder if this demo was recorded before or after the Damage Done single?
The Scene won't save you...
mh
Above the Chemist

DD was recorded/released before they ever played live, so it seems it would have been after.

Aachen '85 sure ain't rare (it I had it at the time it couldn't have been!), but I never seen it offered on any traders lists, so the inevitable must be assumed.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

ahem...

taking a leaf from my webmeister's book :P

http://www.lak.co.za/pib/84table.html

and there are one or two others there too 8)

http://www.lak.co.za/pib/
Goths have feelings too
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>One rare item would be Screaming Abdabs demo tape with Eldritch on >drums. Screaming Abdabs supported the Sisters at Leeds Brannigans on >2.10.81 and the keyboard player told me they recorded a demo tape with >Eldritch on drums. Sadly he no longer has a copy of the tape and has lost >touch with the other members of the band long ago, but a copy of the >tape might exist somewhere.

I have a copy of the poster as well but never heard of a live tape too
Dan
Overbomber

taylor wrote: I have a copy of the poster as well but never heard of a live tape too
There is no live tape. Yeh the poster came from me. I just upped it to the imagebank, so y'all can see it as soon as Quiffy does the business. (My first attempt messed up so delete that one.)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dan wrote:
taylor wrote: I have a copy of the poster as well but never heard of a live tape too
There is no live tape. Yeh the poster came from me. I just upped it to the imagebank, so y'all can see it as soon as Quiffy does the business. (My first attempt messed up so delete that one.)
tis done: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=508

:von: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dan
Overbomber

Dan
Overbomber

Oh, they're still on my webspace, I assumed they'd be transferred to here (If you saw my first attempt you'll have seen why I can't upload with browser-based uploaders!)
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Dan , got you the original of Amsterdam poster/York flyer ?
have you other posters to show up ? looking amazing
Dan
Overbomber

taylor wrote:Dan , got you the original of Amsterdam poster/York flyer ?
have you other posters to show up ? looking amazing
My Amsterdam poster is original (sortof). Some shop in Leeds was selling them in the late 80's. Reprints most likely cos they were really cheap.

I did have the original York flyer but I swapped it with Robin. I'd already given him a photocopy (which looks better than the original), but it seemed the only way to make him give up "rare" stuff.