Wanted gigs for trade!!!

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

anyone owning the following gigs and is up for a trade?

-BOCHUM 16/4/1985
-COVENTRY 14/5/1985
-HAMBURG 16/11/1984
-HEMER 9/11/1984
-BRISTOL 23/10/1984
-NORWICH 19/10/1984
taylor
Slight Overbomber

-BOCHUM 16/4/1985
-COVENTRY 14/5/1985
-HAMBURG 16/11/1984

all above available on the circuit on traders

-HEMER 9/11/1984
-BRISTOL 23/10/1984
-NORWICH 19/10/1984

All above never circulated
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

taylor wrote:-BOCHUM 16/4/1985
-COVENTRY 14/5/1985
-HAMBURG 16/11/1984

all above available on the circuit on traders

-HEMER 9/11/1984
-BRISTOL 23/10/1984
-NORWICH 19/10/1984

All above never circulated
i realy hope i ll prove you wrong, especially for Bristol and Norwich

let s see what ll come up :D
Dan
Overbomber

LOL, good luck. In nearly 20 years I haven't seen so much as a rumour that those 3 even exist on tape.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:LOL, good luck. In nearly 20 years I haven't seen so much as a rumour that those 3 even exist on tape.
what a pitty :cry: :cry:
Dan
Overbomber

However, in Underneath The Rock#7, page 6, a Simon Clifford wrote to say they'd missed a gig from the live performance list they'd printed in their previous issue - Swindon Solitaire 27.4.83, and he gave the setlist, so I reckon he had it, as it's unlikely you'd remember a setlist from all those years ago. Does anyone here know him and is able to confirm if he had that gig?

Actually there's a bunch of gigs not listed on the giglist on the Sisters site. I'll list them later when I have more time.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

another is the full lenght tape of Danceteria 13.04.84, it exist but never circulated :notworthy:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:However, in Underneath The Rock#7, page 6, a Simon Clifford wrote to say they'd missed a gig from the live performance list they'd printed in their previous issue - Swindon Solitaire 27.4.83, and he gave the setlist, so I reckon he had it, as it's unlikely you'd remember a setlist from all those years ago. Does anyone here know him and is able to confirm if he had that gig?

Actually there's a bunch of gigs not listed on the giglist on the Sisters site. I'll list them later when I have more time.
That d be great Dan and please add along the gigs that aren t available
Taylor mentioned N.Y. 84 ...

dankeschoen
shambeko
Road Kill

Dan wrote:However, in Underneath The Rock#7, page 6, a Simon Clifford wrote to say they'd missed a gig from the live performance list they'd printed in their previous issue - Swindon Solitaire 27.4.83, and he gave the setlist, so I reckon he had it, as it's unlikely you'd remember a setlist from all those years ago. Does anyone here know him and is able to confirm if he had that gig?
That's me! :lol:
It's so weird to find my name mentioned on a website like that.
Only just found the Ghost Dance site (and March Violets), which lead me to this one.
Yes, I can confirm that I have a tape of the Solitaire gig. First time I saw the Sisters live and the first time that I recorded a gig.
I've also got a recording of the Bristol gig at The Studio on 23/10/84 that Sunset Yellow was asking about.
Other Sisters gigs that I taped:
Trinity Hall, Bristol 19/05/84
The Studio, Bristol 31/03/85
and (of course) the Royal Albert Hall gig - but I expect there are loads of recordings of that about!!
Don't make me a leader, I'll lead you all wrong.
hallucienate
Overbomber

shambeko wrote:That's me! :lol:
It's so weird to find my name mentioned on a website like that.
Only just found the Ghost Dance site (and March Violets), which lead me to this one.
Yes, I can confirm that I have a tape of the Solitaire gig. First time I saw the Sisters live and the first time that I recorded a gig.
I've also got a recording of the Bristol gig at The Studio on 23/10/84 that Sunset Yellow was asking about.
Other Sisters gigs that I taped:
Trinity Hall, Bristol 19/05/84
The Studio, Bristol 31/03/85
and (of course) the Royal Albert Hall gig - but I expect there are loads of recordings of that about!!
Welcome! I suspect you are about to receive a lot of PMs, but let me be the first to whore myself and beg for the Solitaire and 23/10/84 gig. If there is anything of interest here please let me know :innocent: :innocent:
Dan
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:...but let me be the first to whore myself and beg for the Solitaire and 23/10/84 gig..
Me too! I've got quite an extensive list for you to take your picks from, if you're interested in a trade.

Oh, and did you manage to record any of the organ intro at the RAH gig, apart from the last 10 seconds which I already have.
Petseri
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote: Welcome! I suspect you are about to receive a lot of PMs, but let me be the first to whore myself and beg for the Solitaire and 23/10/84 gig. If there is anything of interest here please let me know :innocent: :innocent:
:lol: I sent him a PM about three hours before you posted this. I am sure that Simon's inbox is filling. What a shameless way to scare off a new member. :!:

@ Simon: Generally we are not such sad sods. :innocent:

Martin
uncle sister
Road Kill

Weird, been looking for Simon for bout 10 years, now he simply is on this list. Welcome!!
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

suffice to say id like some of simons offerigs too,

http://www.gecities.com/alllivingfear has my trades list.

Welcome too!!

Matt
Petseri
Overbomber

News of an attractive gig and a posting by Robin: a very nice thread this one has become. (<--- did Yoda take over my brain for a moment???)

Has anyone heard back from Simon yet?

Martin
shambeko
Road Kill

Hello again - sorry - should have replied earlier, but as you can probably guess, I've been fairly inundated with e-mails and PM's as well as the replies posted in this thread.
I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I think the best way to get these recordings out to those that want them is by weeding.
Do people prefer tape or CD copies?
The recordings I've got are on tape and I don't have the faciliities (or technical knowledge) to get them on to CD.
Would someone (preferably in the UK) with the necessary equipment and knowledge be prepared to transfer the tapes to CD for me?
Once they're on CD I can send them out either on CD or tape, depending on what is wanted - and we can get the weeding started!
Cheers, Simon
Don't make me a leader, I'll lead you all wrong.
hallucienate
Overbomber

shambeko wrote: I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I think the best way to get these recordings out to those that want them is by weeding.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
shambeko wrote: Do people prefer tape or CD copies?
The recordings I've got are on tape and I don't have the faciliities (or technical knowledge) to get them on to CD.
Would someone (preferably in the UK) with the necessary equipment and knowledge be prepared to transfer the tapes to CD for me?
Once they're on CD I can send them out either on CD or tape, depending on what is wanted - and we can get the weeding started!
Cheers, Simon
CD would be better, I'm sure one of the others closer to you would be able to do the transfer.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I can transfer tape to CD. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

ditto. :wink:
The Scene won't save you...
Dan
Overbomber

ditto

Can I just add that whoever transfers it to cd can you not leave tiny little gaps between tracks. Quite a big percentage of stuff I've received in trades has had gaps/clicks/pops between tracks and it's damn annoying.
Petseri
Overbomber

Dan wrote:Can I just add that whoever transfers it to cd can you not leave tiny little gaps between tracks. Quite a big percentage of stuff I've received in trades has had gaps/clicks/pops between tracks and it's damn annoying.
You are not alone in that. :urff:

:notworthy: Simon for offering the recordings.

Martin
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I promise that I won't leave gaps/clicks/pops. If a CD does get them (which it bloody shouldn't; I'm enough of a geek to ensure success.) I'll just burn as one track per side of the tape(s).

It is annoying I'll agree. And I'll echo the :notworthy: to Simon.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I promise that I won't leave gaps/clicks/pops. If a CD does get them (which it bloody shouldn't; I'm enough of a geek to ensure success.) I'll just burn as one track per side of the tape(s).

It is annoying I'll agree. And I'll echo the :notworthy: to Simon.
Yeah, one track / one track per side of tape is preferable. People make a cd with track separation and burn it correctly, but then I guess someone else makes a copy and f*cks it up and doesnt even notice and passes it on.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've done tape to CD transfer for my own use before that worked fine; (no pops) but yeah, you can't rely on folks down the chain.

OK I'll do one-track-per-side for the "weeded" version for the hard-of-thinking ;) :lol: It's easier and quicker that faffing about trying to work out an exact multiple of howevermany samples :urff: (1/75 seconds IIRC)
—Bertrand Russell
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Y E S P L E A S E

:notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D