the talking picture

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
christophe
Overbomber

Limited Edition interview. CD
has anyone more info on this one?
I traded it but I can't find alot info on it.

it looks quite Official , and it is a very nice interview.
front pic
Another Shade of You.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

It looks like it's the 1987 Baktabak interview. I think this is one of those things that isn't authorised by the band or the record company, but is kinda an official release.

I remember seeing the original CD in Andys Records a few years back and as far as I remember they weren't in the habit of selling bootlegs.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
christophe
Overbomber

I figured it would be something like that.
:D
Another Shade of You.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I've got it too. Yes, it is a Baktabak one. Whatever it means. Mmmmm.... Now you made me ask:
What does it mean? :)
christophe
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:I've got it too. Yes, it is a Baktabak one. Whatever it means. Mmmmm.... Now you made me ask:
What does it mean? :)
yes it is Baktabak.
it says so on the cover. left corner
the meaning of baktabak? there seem te be alot of Baktabak CD's out but i can't find where they come from :| typical :roll:

it would appear to be Russian :?
Another Shade of You.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i assume the name is a corruption of the expression "back-to-back" which means when 2 (or more) things have been "put together" in some way. sort of.

for example, if a DJ was to play "alice" & then "temple of love" straight after each other you would say he played two sisters songs "back-to-back"

does that make sense? :urff: :lol:

quite why they called the interview series after that saying is anyone's guess though :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
christophe
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: does that make sense? :urff: :lol:
Nope :lol: But it better than anything I can come up with :roll:
Another Shade of You.
Dan
Overbomber

The baktabak cd's are legal, the reason being the copyright law that applies to music doesn't apply to interviews. It's just a shame that all their interviews were done by someone who didn't have English as a first language, asked a lot of silly questions, and with muffled sound like the tape recorder is hidden in a pocket.

I've got 3 versions of that interview. One is on a 12" picture disc, one is on a set of four 7" picture discs, and one is half the interview at 33 1/3 rpm on a 7" picture disc.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I like the interview, it's an interesting and non-combative one. One problem was that Patsy speaks occasionally, but from seventeen kilometres away from the microphone, and Von as usual occasionally mumbles. But in terms of content, it's a good one.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
christophe
Overbomber

somehow I couldn't find thear website. but finaly I found it.
Baktabak.com
it looks like those 7" are still in stock
Another Shade of You.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I've got that same interview on vinyl, a series of picture 7", and on cd that came in a large box. That box looks very nice but it seems like an awful lot of work for a rather short and muffled interview. I went on a 3 hour car-ride once and with only one cd in the car, that cd, so I've listened to it about 70 times and I know it by heart.
Dan
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:I went on a 3 hour car-ride once and with only one cd in the car, that cd, so I've listened to it about 70 times and I know it by heart.
It must have been a very long car journey or the cd isn't the full interview? The full interview lasts 30 minutes.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Dan wrote:
The Green Lantern wrote:I went on a 3 hour car-ride once and with only one cd in the car, that cd, so I've listened to it about 70 times and I know it by heart.
It must have been a very long car journey or the cd isn't the full interview? The full interview lasts 30 minutes.

They live very slow out there... :innocent:

They call it "hours", we call it "days".

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Dan wrote:

They live very slow out there... :innocent:

They call it "hours", we call it "days".

IZ.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:
:lol: I only listened to the a-side of the cd, I should have flipped it over.

It starts with this guy mumbling something about London. Eldritch replies that he hates London. So the guy asks where Eldritch lives. In London? Andy says he has an office there but he's never in it. That's the interview we're talking about, right?