New Year's Resolution

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

Right.

With no prospect of anything new relating to TSOM except maybe another handful of live plod-throughs of his worship's greatest hit, can we all get on with our lives now?

I've done expectation into desperation closely followed by resignation, and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another year of my life checking this board for entertaining dead horse flogging.

I'm off to find some new bands to keep me amused - you know the sort - bands that - you know - make music.
Overbomber

I'll give you till February before you come crawling back. As a hidden user of course. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Been there, done that!

The event horizon at the heart of the Sisters exerts the kind of gravity
that's nigh impossible to escape from.

Still, there's always hope...

Best of luck with the resolution, Slice.
And I mean it in the nicest possible way when I say that I hope you never
grace this board again.

Failing that, we're all gonna have to form a support group! :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

I do this for the good of all Heartlanders - my farewell will be quickly followed by DVD video compilations, album remixes in CD,SACD,DVD-Audio and 5.1 formats, the extensive world tour and the long anticipated new album.

Once we've arrived at that point, you are all invited to scoff - openly.

Nick.
The Don

Francis wrote:I'll give you till February before you come crawling back. As a hidden user of course. :wink:
Never. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ slicepack & Steve303: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

i've been going to guns n roses forums since 1999 waiting for a new album, so this feeling isnt new to me! the secret is to expect nothing...although billy idol has come through for me, he has a new album out in march! maybe one day i will like band who actually do stuff...but i doubt it!
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nah, butt cheeks to a new album -- I just enjoy revelling in memories of my mispent youth :)
Dan
Overbomber

slicepack wrote:I'm off to find some new bands to keep me amused - you know the sort - bands that - you know - make music.
You mean you've waited this long to do that?!?!?!!? :eek:
I did that years ago.
I still find time to read the forum (and other forums) because I get bored easily and writing crap in forums helps to pass the time. :D :lol:
James Blast
Banned

hope springs eternal
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
claws
Amphetamine Filth

In early 2003 I predicted that nothing would happen concerning TSOM in 2003/2004 and I hate to say that I was right.
We are coming down but we will never, never land
christophe
Overbomber

claws wrote:In early 2003 I predicted that nothing would happen concerning TSOM in 2003/2004 and I hate to say that I was right.
did you predicted the new cd would be released early 2005 as well?
Another Shade of You.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well, 2004 was quietly the first time since 1995 that the Sisters did not perform live at all--at the very least, they did play live every year since 1996, giving us plenty of bootlegs.

I think the Sisters, Guns n Roses, and My Bloody Valentine should enter a 'who will break the silence' contest for new albums.....reward is $3,000,000.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Electrochrome wrote:Well, 2004 was quietly the first time since 1995 that the Sisters did not perform live at all--at the very least, they did play live every year since 1996, giving us plenty of bootlegs.

I think the Sisters, Guns n Roses, and My Bloody Valentine should enter a 'who will break the silence' contest for new albums.....reward is $3,000,000.
Rather ironic. The year I hear their albums, and get heavily into them, and do they perform live? Make a new song? Release anything? Update their bloody website? Not a fucking yes to be seen.
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:Not a fucking yes to be seen.
Yes on the other hand are still touring ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
You can be a right {censored} sometimes. :roll:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
Another man with distinctive headwear. :lol: :roll:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Steve303 wrote:
Francis wrote:I'll give you till February before you come crawling back. As a hidden user of course. :wink:
Never. :innocent:
LMAO!! Been there, tried that, and failed, miserably.

Hello Steve, how's things? (yes you do know me...I'm formerly BP) Hope you are well. :D Nice to see you come back...which is what I , LOL, have done as well. :oops:

Well Slice. you can try zodiac again, he's got one coming out in march, along with dvd's and a tour!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's where I am putting my money, my time and my idol worship. :wink:

Nazareth wrote:i've been going to guns n roses forums since 1999 waiting for a new album, so this feeling isnt new to me! the secret is to expect nothing...although billy idol has come through for me, he has a new album out in march! maybe one day i will like band who actually do stuff...but i doubt it!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this true, Billy Idol has a release set for March?
OMG... between ahim and Zodiac I will just ...sigh. :twisted:

How yummy. Looking forward to March LOTS!!!!!
James Blast
Banned

Welcome back BeeP you ken I did miss you.
Me, Big Si and Andrew S had a top nite out in Weegieland yesterday :D

James
~ Peter Steele
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
Then there's hope!

Actually, Von is either encouraged or totally discouraged that his two favorite fellow-45-year-old rocker peers, Fat Bob and Morrissey (!) toured this year. Oh, and released albums.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Thea
Overbomber

villageidiot wrote: Well Slice. you can try zodiac again, he's got one coming out in march, along with dvd's and a tour!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's where I am putting my money, my time and my idol worship. :wink:
Sounds like a damn good plan 8)

d00mw0lf wrote:
villageidiot wrote: Well Slice. you can try zodiac again, he's got one coming out in march, along with dvd's and a tour!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's where I am putting my money, my time and my idol worship. :wink:
Sounds like a damn good plan 8)
Your right it is! And this time, Jack s**t will NOT SNEAK out the door whilst Z is autographing my book. I'm gonna trip him, and look all demure as I help him up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

villageidiot wrote:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this true, Billy Idol has a release set for March?
OMG... between ahim and Zodiac I will just ...sigh. :twisted:

How yummy. Looking forward to March LOTS!!!!!
Yeah check out www.billyidol.com he has a new single called scream that will be released to radio stations on the third of january, dont know how much radio play it will get though!

James Blast wrote:Welcome back BeeP you ken I did miss you.
Me, Big Si and Andrew S had a top nite out in Weegieland yesterday :D

James
Andrew S???? Are you sure you and
Big Si aren't holding out on me? Are you sure he's not Andrew E? :wink: :wink: :wink: