Yippee!!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
black-saturn
Road Kill

On thursday I will be travelling to London to stay with my boyfriend for 10 days. I will also be kid free as they are going on holiday with my parents. It will be really great. It's not often I get to go anywhere without kids being there.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

this forum is not free of kids either, and they're mostly over 30....
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
rian
Slight Overbomber

black-saturn wrote:On thursday I will be travelling to London to stay with my boyfriend for 10 days. I will also be kid free as they are going on holiday with my parents. It will be really great. It's not often I get to go anywhere without kids being there.
Great! Have fun.

Me and the missus have 3 kids, so we are never kids-free :(
I think someone set my soul alight
Debaser
Overbomber

rian wrote:
black-saturn wrote:On thursday I will be travelling to London to stay with my boyfriend for 10 days. I will also be kid free as they are going on holiday with my parents. It will be really great. It's not often I get to go anywhere without kids being there.
Great! Have fun.

get divorced then you get one weekend in every four free...and sometimes a week or so in the school holidays ;)

Am in an extremely 'flip' mood today - forgive any offense.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
rian
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
rian wrote:
Great! Have fun.

get divorced then you get one weekend in every four free...and sometimes a week or so in the school holidays ;)

Or having them every second week. Ah, nice ;D
Debaser
Overbomber

;)

HOWEVER, the s**t that leads to the divorce is the downside.
christophe
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:;)

HOWEVER, the s**t that leads to the divorce is the downside.
why don't get the divorce before the sh!t begins. that way everybody's happy :D :lol:
Another Shade of You.
black-saturn
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:
rian wrote:
Great! Have fun.

Actually I am divorced but the woman doesnt get the luxury of being able to drop and forget about the kids whenever its not convenient for her to remember them.

I'm a lone parent to 2 girls aged 10 and 8.
Debaser
Overbomber

Sorry if I sounded uncaring BS....as I mentioned am feeling rather flippant today. I too was a lone prent my husband deciding to bugger off leaving me to raise our three year old and 9 month old sons.

He saw them as and when was convenient to him (usually two or three hours every now and again - and at the drop of a hat never previously arranged (JUST incase I then decided to use that time to actually go out myself...)

The only time he suddenly became father-like was a few years later when I had bagged miself a blokey, and this guy was actually seeing more of his sons than he was.

I am now the proud( ???) parent of a 22year old fool and a 19 year old sociaphobe :D :D :D

In the great words of Mr Philip Larkin - 'They f**k up up your Mum and Dad..'
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have fun and plenty of undisturbed LUV! I know what you mean... I am a mum living in devon with no babysitters around. Which caused a lot of problems in my marriage... :D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

me and mrs whizzkid have two kids,with a third on the way.technically this will be my first,but "technically" is as far as it goes:we have been a family for over four years now and in everything but name i'm their "dad".
what i find hard to get my head around is the attitude of Amber (the youngest of the two)'s dad.unlike Izzy (the eldest)'s dad-who lives over two hundred miles away,yet still makes every effort to keep in touch and has Iz to stay as often as he can-Ambers dad,who only lives a few minutes drive away has to be brow-beaten into having anything to do with her.
this situation has been going on for most of her natural life-shes just turned five-and he still treats the whole thing as an excuse to try and hurt her mum;even though he has since met somebody else and had a kid with her.
it doesnt seem to cross his mind that a)he is hurting his own flesh and blood;and b) that he is missing out on experiencing her grow up-something i wouldnt have missed for the world.
its not like there has ever been any attempt to make things difficult for him.in fact its true to say that one of the few things me and my missus disagree on is the way we bend over backward to accomodate him.go figure.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
black-saturn
Road Kill

I'm in a similar situation. My 2 daughters dad hasn't seen them for about 5 years. Last time he saw them he threatened to kill them and then left them in a field to find their own way home. The field was 4 miles from my house and they were aged 5 and 3 at the time. They managed to find their way to my mum and dads house but they were out. In the meantime their kretin of a dad had rung me to tell me he was going to kill them so I dialled 999. The Police went straight round there and he told them where he had left them but by then they were already standing on my parents doorstep. They arrested him for neglect and for harrassment (over 300 silent phonecalls from him at all hours). While the Police and I were looking my parents came home and thankfully the children were OK. It went to court but by then he had a new girlfriend with a kid (shes 17 and has a 5 year old daugher - do your sums, and he's 43) who testified in court that he was a wonderful father to her. So all he got was a £100 fine. They didnt even give him a restraining order!!
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Lord, that is some heavy sh!t...

Reminds me why I never wanted kids!

Enjoy your break BS! Sounds like you deserve it.
rian
Slight Overbomber

straylight wrote:Lord, that is some heavy sh!t...

Reminds me why I never wanted kids!

Enjoy your break BS! Sounds like you deserve it.
It seems that the men are the problem here, not the kids.
James Blast
Banned

your ex sounds like a really sound bloke BS...

eh, NOT!
where do these knobheads come from?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
black-saturn
Road Kill

He's an arsehole :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

rian wrote:It seems that the men are the problem here, not the kids.

:notworthy: :notworthy: blimey, one of them noticed. ;D
Debaser
Overbomber

rian wrote:
It seems that the men are the problem

Rian seems to have seen the light....... :notworthy: :notworthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

he has had a bang on the head, though. he'll be back to normal soon.
Debaser
Overbomber

oooh Em - I hadn't seen your reply...so all we need now is just one or two more affirmations and the motion can be carried. hee hee
Debaser
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:he has had a bang on the head, though. he'll be back to normal soon.
But what was his excuse for buying the shirt...he bought that 13 years BEFORE his bicycle incident
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

he's a bloke.

13 years? about time it got used for a car rag.

mind you, i have lipsticks older than that..
rian
Slight Overbomber

Stop making fun of me!!!!!

:(

:lol:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Debaser wrote:
rian wrote:
It seems that the men are the problem

Rian seems to have seen the light....... :notworthy: :notworthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*promptly switches it off*
Debaser
Overbomber

aaach shut it Rian..or I'll pick yer scabs, open the wounds then rub salt and vinegar crisps on 'em :P :P

You know we is only teasing.