SISTERS for the USA Fall 08

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Seattle & Portland??? Damn, damn, damn!!! For me that means 6 sets of plane tickets to 1 gig, maybe 6 more to 2nd (or rental car if it's possible to drive that distance in enough time), 12 tickets to shows, hotel expenses and God knows what else. Which translates to: Fcuk! Not a possibility!!! We're going to have to keep praying for some east coast shows. Hell, even the south or midwest would be better than nothing! Got to question the choice here though....I would think that the yuppies would be the types bitchin' & complaining during the show. Also, since it's an all ages show, I have to wonder at the type of crowd it will draw. Sure, my kids are Sisters fans but considering how their dad & I are it's understandable. I really don't see alot of teenage Sisters fans nowadays.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

These are clearly just a few of many gigs for North America. I am hoping for more substantial Canadian dates than 2006, or at the very least a show in Minneapolis.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

listen - a site that mentions the group without THE and that has info about the silver bullet tour... guess this fits with andrew's lack of site updates, but this seems not very to be trusted.

edit: no info at the site of the venue and the ticketshop says

YOUR SEARCH FOR:
the sisters of mercy in All for
Any Date returned 0 matches

So better wait untill you book your flights.
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

hehe but i found this, for all you darklings

http://www.tourfilter.com/seattle/sisters%20of%20mercy

Miles Hunt - bloody lucky you.
guns & cars & accidents
eotunun
Overbomber

Andrew, you know you want to get on a Conneticut stage, do you?
There is shadow under this red rock
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:no info at the site of the venue and the ticketshop says
wrong.

the seattle venue actually lists the gig, at least.
Sunday, November 23 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Mike Thrasher Presents:
SISTERS OF MERCY

$35
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Show starts at 8:00 PM
Tickets Available at Ticketswest Outlets & The Door
http://www.elcorazonseattle.com/cgi-bin/showinfo.cgi
XXX
My Dominion

Also the Roseland Theatre gig is confirmed on their website

http://www.doubletee.com/rose_schedule.html
(scroll down to the end of the page)
Sat.
11/22/08
SISTERS OF MERCY
Mike Thrasher Presents
Roseland Theater
9pm
ON SALE Sept. 13th!
:D
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

as tickets will be available from september 13, we might expect an update on the official site soon enough.. unless :von: i too lazy..as which i officially vulonteer to take that hard job out of his hands.. :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

This one looks doubtful for me, both financially and workwise. But I'll see what unfolds in the next few weeks...
indy
Banned

EvilBastard wrote:Fcuking PORTLAND?! Fcuking SEATTLE?! :eek:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?!
Hey I live in Portland and I take offense to this, I would never go to Starbucks.

And I can walk to the show from my house.....sweet. ;D
EvilBastard
Overbomber

indy wrote:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?!
Hey I live in Portland and I take offense to this, I would never go to Starbucks.

The "pod of whales" comment was aimed at Portland - are you a marine mammal of a cetacean persuasion? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Silver_Owl
The Don

EvilBastard wrote:
indy wrote:

The "pod of whales" comment was aimed at Portland - are you a marine mammal of a cetacean persuasion? :lol:
Do they not have pods of whales off the Seattle coast too? How very regionalist. :roll: :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
A.void
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:EvilBastard, calm down ffs :lol:

Be happy instead - this is for me a clear indication that another major US tour is on its way. At least 20 dates, that's my guess. Otherwise they would never play both these cities. Remember also that Ben "should be busy" playing Sisters gigs in October...that the blog entry got removed has probably more to do with an annoyed Andrew than anything else.
Andy seemed quite chuffed over the last Portland show, but not so much in Seattle.
A.void
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
indy wrote: Hey I live in Portland and I take offense to this, I would never go to Starbucks.

Do they not have pods of whales off the Seattle coast too? How very regionalist. :roll: :wink:
Portland is a good hour and a half from an ocean.
splintered thing

No - please please please come to Australia. I can't stand it any more.... the waiting..... ahhhhh
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Danimal
Road Kill

Just heard an ad on 89X Windsor/Detroit: Sisters of Mercy Sat Nov 15 Royal Oak Music Theatre MI. Tix on sale Sept 12 at 5 PM tickets.com or Royal Oak Box Office.
Danimal
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Very interesting piece of info you got there...wonder if he's still hanging out with miss Detroit?

[speculation]
sort of strengthens the idea that we are looking forward to something quite big here. They cannot squeeze in much more than Chicago and Denver and/or Minneapolis between this date and the two we already have heard about. Which would suggest they are touring anti-clockwise like in 2006, beginning the tour in California the last week in october.

IF they are touring the whole continent which I assume they are...
[/speculation]
robertzombie
Overbomber

I mentioned the US dates to Ben last night. He looked confused and said he didn't know much about them...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

He looked confused when I mentioned the Krakow gig to him after the Berlin concert in 2006. That gig was then about 7 weeks ahead...
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
shiver
Road Kill

shiver
Road Kill

damn pearson, you beat me too it!
fish
Road Kill

actually won a pair off 89x in detroit a couple hours ago. was only listening to try and win delerium tickets that they have been recently giving away and was shocked to hear they were giving these away. cristina said they knew about the show for a couple weeks.

funny thing is that i wasn't the 10th caller, but the 10th didn't know what concert they were calling in to win for and when she told them who it was they said they never heard of them before. probably a typical 89x listener. so she decided to give them to the next person instead. lucky me!
shiver
Road Kill

fish: not surprised by the 89x comment. It is a pretty terrible station!
excellent news on the tix though.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

As this tour is now looking more probable, are any UK Heartlanders considering doing any of it? There's no way I can manage as many dates as in 2006 but I'm investigating the possibility of a week or so.