SISTERS for the USA Fall 08

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Prescott wrote:I wonder when they'll update the official site?
as soon as "the old man" can remember his pasword.. :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Isn't that joke becoming old? i mean, he forgot it once (if he did, isn't it more just a rumour? Besides, forgetting password could be a euphemism for just not getting the bloody site updated) long ago and people are perpetuating jokes about it 5 years after? Get a life.

Haven't you ever forgotten a password? Geesh.

(i'm not at all implying there'd be anything malicious in anyone's remarks about it, i just really wonder how little life people have).
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

itnAklipse wrote:(i'm not at all implying there'd be anything malicious in anyone's remarks about it, i just really wonder how little life people have).
Treading careful there Dei? ;) Nice one!

Ah, I just watch the Belgian websites to be sure about a Sissies gig. The 'official' site is not to be trusted.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Maybe they finally got that new album finished... :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... I know we've already busted some n***s here about that one, but this is welcome news -- especially the Buffalo NY gig. I live in Rochester NY which is only an hour or so away! It looks like I'll be using some of that vacation time from work as it's a Monday night. Also, my wedding anniversary is the following Friday (on Samhain). This could become a really fun week! 8)

If I were a rich man I would follow them along to Toronto and Montreal... like the grateful undead... that would be sweet! ;D
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
The Drowning Season
Road Kill

crash_and_burn wrote:The Washington DC show is one day after the elections. That could be interesting. :)
It's weird, the only thing I can find online about the Washington, DC show at the 9:30 Club on Nov. 5th are these horrendous offers of tickets from Tickets Now http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrow ... PID=711843 and Philly.com http://tickets.philly.com/ResultsTicket ... s+Of+Mercy

$260 - $279 per ticket! I love Uncle Andy, but unless he's spotting me the cash I think I'll pass.

Ticketmaster must not have these tickets on sale yet, plus the 9:30 Club's website doesn't even list the show! :evil:
Eggi1

The Drowning Season wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:The Washington DC show is one day after the elections. That could be interesting. :)
It's weird, the only thing I can find online about the Washington, DC show at the 9:30 Club on Nov. 5th are these horrendous offers of tickets from Tickets Now http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrow ... PID=711843 and Philly.com http://tickets.philly.com/ResultsTicket ... s+Of+Mercy

$260 - $279 per ticket! I love Uncle Andy, but unless he's spotting me the cash I think I'll pass.

Ticketmaster must not have these tickets on sale yet, plus the 9:30 Club's website doesn't even list the show! :evil:

:?:

Tix Wash DC:
http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... id=6340861

Tix Phille:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004 ... orcatid=60
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
Brad

I got my tickets for Minneapolis. Anyone else heading there?
psichonaut
Overbomber

wow the Sisters start a new US tour and the disappeared members went back
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Methedrome wrote:I got my tickets for Minneapolis. Anyone else heading there?
Possibly. If I'm doing any US dates, Minneapolis and/or Chicago are looking most likely.

How cold is it in Minnesota mid-november, are the roads icy?
Brad

Roads shouldn't be too bad, but anything is possible.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote: How cold is it in Minnesota mid-november, are the roads icy?
Minnesotans are entirely used to their horrendous winters, so the road maintenance is excellent, and iciness isn't that much of a problem at that time of year - unless they've been blindsided by an unanticipated storm. That said, Minneapolis once got over two feet of snow on Samhain...and in November it will be pretty chilly, although that is of course a relative condition, depending upon what you're accustomed to. Average temperature is around a high of 5C (41F) and low of -4C (25F).

Um, then factor in the insane weather that's been going on everywhere courtesy of global warming... :(
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know anything about the Wilbur Theatre in Boston? Location (good side of town/bad side of town/places nearby/etc.)? Public transportation? Anything?

I'm currently thinking of going to Philadelphia and Boston. (Well, ok, I know I'm going to Philly, although I'm a little afraid of the fact that it IS on Halloween, and this IS a band beloved by those of the goff persuasion. :lol: )

The only real problem is... I'm pretty sure I've never been to Boston.

And I know I could Google it, but I'd rather hear some personal experiences from HL members, if possible. :D
Brad

it will be pretty chilly, although that is of course a relative condition, depending upon what you're accustomed to. Average temperature is around a high of 5C (41F) and low of -4C (25F).
I am coming down from Winnipeg. I'll be the guy in floral shirt and shorts:)
spot778

Count me in for the Toronto gig. Actually a decent room for a change.
End of line.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

not looking as if we will be able to make the nyc show (or any other us dates for that matter) :|

money not withstanding, i just dont have enough holidays left... i've only been here about 4 months and have already had over 2 weeks holidays :oops:

sorry :( :urff:

fwiw, travelocity had direct flights from manchester for about 300 quid, which is not bad at all! :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:not looking as if we will be able to make the nyc show (or any other us dates for that matter) :|
:( :cry:

So send Madame Quiff on her own, then, and let the elderly of Mancunia die quietly on their own! :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
If_It_Makes_You_Happy
Road Kill

Hi, I'll be at the Toronto gig as well. Have been following the news on heartland for quite some time now, but never posted.

Would be nice to meet some Sisters fans here in Toronto.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

DrG wrote: this is welcome news -- especially the Buffalo NY gig.
Indeed! It means my lazy arse can just walk down the street to the show instead of racing to Toronto immediately after work. :lol:
Left at the dead badger.
bismarck

Anyone planning on making the NYC show and need a very cheap place to stay, I know of the one-and-only $40/night hostel/hotel walking distance from the gig. PM for details, or email. Any Brits planning the trip by the way?

itnAklipse wrote:i just really wonder how little life people have).
Ha ha, Mr. 1200+ posts since 2003.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:Anyone planning on making the NYC show and need a very cheap place to stay, I know of the one-and-only $40/night hostel/hotel walking distance from the gig. PM for details, or email. Any Brits planning the trip by the way?
This Brit will, but I'll only have to trek in from 60th Street :lol: I don't think I've seen you since the last gig, be good to catch up.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DrG

Lets hear it for Buffalo Llamatron! :notworthy:

Any confirmation as to the show yet? What is the Town Ballroom like?

...ticket prices!?! :eek:

EDIT -- http://www.townballroom.com/

2nd EDIT -- http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... id=6340578
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

bismarck wrote:Anyone planning on making the NYC show and need a very cheap place to stay, I know of the one-and-only $40/night hostel/hotel walking distance from the gig. PM for details, or email. Any Brits planning the trip by the way?

sadly not. nor any other :?

still, you deserve a gig just down the road :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
Mothra

Not to the NY show, but booked gig tickets and flights to San Francisco yesterday. We will be going for the week, so any suggestions as to reasonably priced accommodation near the venue, or tips in general about the city much appreciated. Amazing that the girlfriend said she was up for this in many ways. Her only real exposure to the Sisters was the London gig on the Silver Bullet tour.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

bismarck wrote:
Owned. :innocent:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Nic wrote:
bismarck wrote:
Owned. :innocent:
keep 'im ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."