What is the most stupid thing you've ever done?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

hallucienate wrote:I'll pretend to be intertested in a good international day/night match, mainly for the last half hour of each innings when the ball starts really flying.
It flies the second I get anywhere near the crease, Hal. Unless it castles me, which it does.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

hallucienate wrote:I'll pretend to be intertested in a good international day/night match, mainly for the last half hour of each innings when the ball starts really flying.
Man, you should be more interested! Pollock may have had his day, but I reckon Ntini is going to be massive in the next couple of years.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

zigeunerweisen wrote:Damn, i'm moving to England. The girls must be desperate ;D
There are some desperate girls over here, too, ya know! Umm...you wouldn't care to head over here to the wrong side of the Pond for a little "visit", would you?
:eek: :twisted: ;D :oops: :roll: :innocent: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
hallucienate
Overbomber

sam donut wrote:
Man, you should be more interested! Pollock may have had his day, but I reckon Ntini is going to be massive in the next couple of years.
I watched a bit of the SA vs Windies last night, but an NMA video got my attention instead, when I came back to the cricket they were handing out Man of the Match award. SA won, which is nice considering the events of last year.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Getting back to the start of the thread...

Realising in my mid 30s that exercise was just a dim and distant memory and agreeing to play badminton last night. Muscles which have lain undisturbed for over a decade have awoken today and are all thanking me for rousing them... sort of...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Stupid? Me?
I *don't* think so...

8)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Karst wrote:Stupid? Me?
I *don't* think so...

8)
:lol: :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

JansenClone wrote:Getting back to the start of the thread...

Realising in my mid 30s that exercise was just a dim and distant memory and agreeing to play badminton last night. Muscles which have lain undisturbed for over a decade have awoken today and are all thanking me for rousing them... sort of...
i had a similar sensation (or lack of) when i tried a game of 5-a-side footy a few months ago :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
JansenClone wrote:Getting back to the start of the thread...

i had a similar sensation (or lack of) when i tried a game of 5-a-side footy a few months ago :urff:
Oh that's worse!!! :urff:

In a moment of madness I agreed to play in a friend's (Ez / PIB knows him too) final 5-a-side game before he went on a round the world thing last summer. After 2 minutes it felt like my heart was going to recreate a scene from Alien...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Recently I fell into the same trap. A nasty moment after about 10 minutes when I thought I was going to be sick, then another hour of walking death.

To break the pain I went in goal - and managed to stop a point-blank volley with my throat. Owww.

On the bright side, since I usually where glasses my goalkeeping was one of the great comedy moments of the night. And I only let one in, despite being functionally unsighted for every shot I faced.

We don't play to a very high standard down our way.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
hallucienate
Overbomber

sam donut wrote:
I watched the last half hour of last night's Windies/SA match, really very good.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Quiff Boy wrote: i had a similar sensation (or lack of) when i tried a game of 5-a-side footy a few months ago :urff:
Well thats because after a few dances at the Wendyhouse you wimp out!! :lol:
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sexygoth wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: i had a similar sensation (or lack of) when i tried a game of 5-a-side footy a few months ago :urff:
Well thats because after a few dances at the Wendyhouse you wimp out!! :lol:
balls! i could dance the arse off you... :P they just dont play enough good songs consecutively! :lol: ;) :innocent:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Rubbish!!! Please cast your mind back to the second last WH you actually turned up for..............

"I wanna sit down now <in a moaning type voice>, no more"

I think you'll find I'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

pah! rubbish! i'm being mis-quoted!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Well, you're entitled to your wrong opinion
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sexygoth wrote:Well, you're entitled to your wrong opinion
ahhh, poo off! :D
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Poo off ???

That the best you can do, Mr my feet hurt and SG, you can dance for far longer than me?
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sexygoth wrote:Poo off ???

That the best you can do, Mr my feet hurt and SG, you can dance for far longer than me?
@ richey: slap her for me, will you? ;D :D :lol:

:roll:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Poof
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Quiff Boy wrote:@ richey: slap her for me, will you? ;D :D :lol:
i wouldn't dare!
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Too bloody right!

well poofboy, guess you'll have to do your own dirty work.........
mmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwhahahahahahahahaha
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Just re-read this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also found an old insult that I shall be using again......sod ring!! :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

hmmmm...stupid things, the list could go on and on :?

gig wise....went to see The Stranglers and when the girls were invited on stage I was up there like a shot. Never quite clicked that they were playing Nice and Sleazy until everyone around me started stripping off :eek:

Far too young and modest (plus about 10 guys from my home town were there!) so I just bopped around with my big mohair jumper on (wtf was I wearing a mohair jumper at a gig for? :roll: )

guess that was more embarrassing than stupid....I did get a kiss off JJ Burnell tho :D