Andrew Eldritch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
fullom
Road Kill

Anybody on here know him personally or related to him ? If so what is he like in real life ?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I am Andrew Eldritch,and so is my wife.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
robertzombie
Overbomber

He seemed nice and normal when I met him :)
taylor
Slight Overbomber

A nice kind of bastard :D
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Andrew Eldritch is actually several people. After the success of "manufactured" bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Warner Brothers' marketing department decided to create the persona of Andrew Eldritch, back him with some of the more talented musicians from their stable, call them the Sisters of Mercy, and build the myth around him.

The myth was far more successful than they had imagined - The Sisters went viral inside 14 months, and "fans" (opinion formers) like Quiffboy were recruited to push the band into record stores and clubs.

Warner Bros has a group of short people with different haircuts and a wide variety of eyewear to play the role of Eldritch, and it's unlikely that you've ever seen the same person on stage twice.

The conspiracy goes far deeper than you'd think - none of the bands that "signed" to Merciful Release ever existed, the sponsorship of St Pauli FC was a marketing wheeze, and FatPat was the slightly chubby daughter of the head of East West Records who couldn't find a boyfriend. In return for boinking her for a while the then-incarnation of Eldritch was given 2 weeks holiday in Jordan, after which WB took his holiday videos and projected them on the greenscreen to make the video for Dominion. The woman who appears in the video is one Blodwyn Evans, of 14, Sheepbotherer Terrace in Brecon - she was "discovered" after her book, "Backcombing for fun & profit" was profiled in Just 17 magazine. She had just the look that WB was looking for, so they filmed some footage and edited her in later. Blodwyn later disappeared in mysterious circumstances - "rumour" has it that she has in her possession a listenable copy of SSV, but given the lengths that WB has gone to to protect The Sisters conspiracy this should not be taken as fact.

I would reveal the identity of the person who is currently masquerading as Eldritch, but I've probably said too much already. I have to post here under a pseudonym to protect myself and my sources - Warner's ability to punish people who expose their secrets makes the Freemasons' look like a Sunday School picnic. I have only chosen to come clean now because I believe that you deserve to know the truth.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:Andrew Eldritch is actually several people. After the success of "manufactured" bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Warner Brothers' marketing department decided to create the persona of Andrew Eldritch, back him with some of the more talented musicians from their stable, call them the Sisters of Mercy, and build the myth around him.

The myth was far more successful than they had imagined - The Sisters went viral inside 14 months, and "fans" (opinion formers) like Quiffboy were recruited to push the band into record stores and clubs.

Warner Bros has a group of short people with different haircuts and a wide variety of eyewear to play the role of Eldritch, and it's unlikely that you've ever seen the same person on stage twice.

The conspiracy goes far deeper than you'd think - none of the bands that "signed" to Merciful Release ever existed, the sponsorship of St Pauli FC was a marketing wheeze, and FatPat was the slightly chubby daughter of the head of East West Records who couldn't find a boyfriend. In return for boinking her for a while the then-incarnation of Eldritch was given 2 weeks holiday in Jordan, after which WB took his holiday videos and projected them on the greenscreen to make the video for Dominion. The woman who appears in the video is one Blodwyn Evans, of 14, Sheepbotherer Terrace in Brecon - she was "discovered" after her book, "Backcombing for fun & profit" was profiled in Just 17 magazine. She had just the look that WB was looking for, so they filmed some footage and edited her in later. Blodwyn later disappeared in mysterious circumstances - "rumour" has it that she has in her possession a listenable copy of SSV, but given the lengths that WB has gone to to protect The Sisters conspiracy this should not be taken as fact.

I would reveal the identity of the person who is currently masquerading as Eldritch, but I've probably said too much already. I have to post here under a pseudonym to protect myself and my sources - Warner's ability to punish people who expose their secrets makes the Freemasons' look like a Sunday School picnic. I have only chosen to come clean now because I believe that you deserve to know the truth.
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That ought to teach you not to ask questions around here. Welcome to the loony bin.

I have met him several times myself and I would say it depends on the day as to what he is like.

He has always been well spoken when he chooses to speak, and very witty.
I am NOT in the cool club
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

I met him at the ASDA in Pudsey in 2001. He had a 4 pack of ASDA Smartprice toilet paper in his shopping basket (along with a bottle of Absolute vodka and a carton of Ocean Spray cranberry juice).
"Rock Star" my arse!
He uses the cheapest toilet paper like eveyone else!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Rise891 wrote:I have met him several times myself and I would say it depends on the day as to what he is like.
I rest my case - clearly you've met different people on each occassion. 8)
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

EvilBastard wrote:Andrew Eldritch is actually several people. After the success of "manufactured" bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Warner Brothers' marketing department decided to create the persona of Andrew Eldritch, back him with some of the more talented musicians from their stable, call them the Sisters of Mercy, and build the myth around him.

zoiks! i've been rumbled :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fullom wrote:Anybody on here know him personally or related to him ? If so what is he like in real life ?
welcome :D

as far as we know, no one on here is related to him, but several people on here have met him numerous times. some of them even consider him a friend.

as far as what he's like, i'd say he was like any other bloke that has spent the best part of his life in the music business, being hounded by geeky guys and insanely obsessive goth chicks :lol:

ie: nice enough on a good day, slightly grumpy on a bad day, and ever slightly paranoid the rest of the time.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

ribbons69 wrote:I am Andrew Eldritch,and so is my wife.

I'm Eldritch!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

weeeeeeeeeell......... you're bald enough, but you're at least 3ft too tall ;D :kiss:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:as far as we know, no one on here is related to him
i've just remembered,we did actually have the singer from devon-crusty-punks 'the bus station loonies' sign up for heartland once, a long time ago now. iirc, he claims to have dated eldritch's sister (?) in the very early 80s (before anyone really know who he was) :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:hounded by geeky guys and insanely obsessive goth chicks :lol:
Before anyone asks, that's not me, I'm not goth and I don't hound. :P :lol:
paul
Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

_emma_ wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:hounded by geeky guys and insanely obsessive goth chicks :lol:
Before anyone asks, that's not me, I'm not goth and I don't hound. :P :lol:
no, but i think we all know who it is :lol: :urff: :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

:D Oh and Dr Poo my dear - I'll see you in a few days and you'll see how wrong it is to laugh at the Rockstar. :twisted: :P
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Perfect read while drinking my coffee :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Is it just me who feels a bit sorry for fullom now? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Is it just me who feels a bit sorry for fullom now? :lol:
Yes. Just you. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:weeeeeeeeeell......... you're bald enough, but you're at least 3ft too tall ;D :kiss:
:lol:

8) :von:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Being645
Above the Chemist

damagedone wrote:Perfect read while drinking my coffee :lol:
absolutely. Good morning, Heartland ... Image ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:
markfiend wrote:Is it just me who feels a bit sorry for fullom now? :lol:
Yes. Just you. ;D
OK ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You killed me here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: